C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
danm1
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Much better

You simply have to be a moron or completely blind not to see that the
C7 has a Camaro *** end. Even casual observers and not just Corvette aficionados say "Camaro" when they look at the awful rear on this thing. GM ruined the car with this Camaro look-a-like ****. It's because of this why the aftermarket guys know there's an immediate need to change the rear fascia to try and save the Corvette and keep some semblance of its heritage alive. Its me and so many others who are going to be laughing our asses off and shaking our heads when we see the Camaro wannabe C7 guys driving down the road.

And before you say jealous, I have the dough to buy several of these ridiculous looking things but won't until there's a quality rear conversion kit to make the car look like what it should be, A CORVETTE!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vette4Lyfe
You guys see this yet? I love it,
Hadn't seen it. But glad I did...makes me love the actual Corvette C7 design even more. The more people try to incorporate the old tails and "simpler" styling, the newer and fresher the actual Corvette C7 design appears to me. Thanks for reinforcing what I felt from the beginning...I love the Corvette C7!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Glen220
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I would buy THAT!

I would buy a C7 if it looked like that!

The side still looks like a Nissan GTR, but I could live with that considering how much better that rearend looks.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't read all posts .... but....

If you want a C6, why not just BUY a C6??????

I'll take the 7 just like it is!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
458it
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luster
I didn't read all posts .... but....

If you want a C6, why not just BUY a C6??????

I'll take the 7 just like it is!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that is a huge improvement over what gm did. Besides so few
will ever drive the car fast enough to worry about differential cooling
or aero dynamic. It makes a much cleaner looking car

AND it going to go the other way too. Kits to make your C6 look like a
KISS mascara'ed c7maro

Last edited by texvette2; 01-30-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

It's gonna happen, people want their Corvettes to look like ......wait for it.........CORVETTES, not Camaro's.

Who can blame them. Why **** and moan about people not wanting to tell everyone they see....NO it's not a CAMARO.

What's it gonna hurt letting them have the car they want? At least you guys can motor around and be proud of the C7, while the guys can motor around in their new Corvette.

C7= "New Coke" Just when you thought a large Corporation couldn't possibly make another bad decision.

Last edited by sfc rick; 01-30-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

That looks good with the round lights. People shouldnt bash others because they like a Corvette to look like a Corvette. I say be happy for them. Whats wrong with people being happy and getting what they want? Everyone wins. The people that like the new rear end get a brand new design and the people that love the heritage look get what they like. I dont see a problem. Everyone gets what they like and can enjoy their Vette. The guys that make a Quality rear are gonna make a good bit of $$$.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM
glhs386
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danm1
C7 has a Camaro *** end. Even casual observers and not just Corvette aficionados say "Camaro" when they look at the awful rear on this thing. GM ruined the car with this Camaro look-a-like ****. It's because of this why the aftermarket guys know there's an immediate need to change the rear fascia to try and save the Corvette and keep some semblance of its heritage alive. Its me and so many others who are going to be laughing our asses off and shaking our heads when we see the Camaro wannabe C7 guys driving down the road.

And before you say jealous, I have the dough to buy several of these ridiculous looking things but won't until there's a quality rear conversion kit to make the car look like what it should be, A CORVETTE!
Get hyper-emotional about a couple pounds of blow molded plastic, why don't you.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Perhaps but just keep in mind that the "you and so many others" that you speak of will be the minority. The polls show it. Most like the car and don't mind the rear end and even like it. I also bet that most people won't be considering this mod because it WILL void the warranty on the rear and and trans if the vents are removed. They are there for a reason.

That said, I am glad you are not part of the design team because if you were, I'd bet you might actually incur a bigger backlash than the one caused by what you call a Camaro *** end. It's ok because you are entitled to your opinion and only somebody who is a good statistician or actually pays attention to popular belief or polls would realize that.

By the way, I'm NOT blind and certainly not a moron contrary to your belief. I'd summise that it would be moronic to make those statements about people who don't see things your way. Pretty naive and immature if you ask me. People like you give Corvette owners a bad name!

Back on topic, that rear facia doesn't look bad. It looks to much like the C6 for my taste. I actually prefer the new C7 rear facia over that. It looks much more aggressive and suits the car better in my opinion.

Last edited by slief; 01-30-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Zakira
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I love that kit! Now I have no complaint. It's not so much the lights are not round, just make it look decent. The C7's official rear end is just a horror show, imo.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Outside car forums have to be pissing their pants from laughing so hard at all the round tail light whiners on this forum. Frankly, it's damn embarrassing.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Honestly, I cannot wait to laugh at the *Radio edit* who convert their whole back end to put "dated" round lights in their C7. Have at it kids.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 AM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Who would want to remove state of art taillights and functional vents to slap on 4 boring round red taillights? Where are you going to put the reverse lights? Some Corvette owners will probably buy this since they dont like change. They will look stupid in the car, like those who slap a c6 rear end on a c5 or a c5 rear end on a c4. It looks stupid and out of place for that generation.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a C3 taillight kit coming out I'd really rather have that?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

silly

Get notified of new replies

To New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sfc rick
It's gonna happen, people want their Corvettes to look like ......wait for it.........CORVETTES, not Camaro's.

Who can blame them. Why **** and moan about people not wanting to tell everyone they see....NO it's not a CAMARO.

What's it gonna hurt letting them have the car they want? At least you guys can motor around and be proud of the C7, while the guys can motor around in their new Corvette.

C7= "New Coke" Just when you thought a large Corporation couldn't possibly make another bad decision.
hardly. the new vette is stunning
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by slief
Perhaps but just keep in mind that the "you and so many others" that you speak of will be the minority. The polls show it. Most like the car and don't mind the rear end and even like it. I also bet that most people won't be considering this mod because it WILL void the warranty on the rear and and trans if the vents are removed. They are there for a reason.

That said, I am glad you are not part of the design team because if you were, I'd bet you might actually incur a bigger backlash than the one caused by what you call a Camaro *** end. It's ok because you are entitled to your opinion and only somebody who is a good statistician or actually pays attention to popular belief or polls would realize that.

By the way, I'm NOT blind and certainly not a moron contrary to your belief. I'd summise that it would be moronic to make those statements about people who don't see things your way. Pretty naive and immature if you ask me. People like you give Corvette owners a bad name!

Back on topic, that rear facia doesn't look bad. It looks to much like the C6 for my taste. I actually prefer the new C7 rear facia over that. It looks much more aggressive and suits the car better in my opinion.
yes, yes, and yes. on all points.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I personally dig the new c7 z51 total package....but for those that are really addicted to round tail lights...I'm glad the after market has something for you....

Best of luck and I'm sure it won't be too expensive...

(edit) This kit shouldn't cost more than 750....and yet I see a number of $2800 dollars on the lower corner of the ad...which I wouldn't recommend at that price....its too much money in my opinion.....Vette tax..

Last edited by JerriVette; 01-31-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!