C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by sfc rick
What a bunch of whiners....... you bitch cause not everyone is swooning over a garish rear end. You state that you know the company that makes a rear facia is going to go bankrupt....what? you go around sprinkling fairy dust and predict the future? Ridiculous!!!!

Pull that foreskin back down around your necks and give it a rest. There are too many companies that make millions providing what the buying public want. Those who don't want to change a thing can shut up cause you don't ever intend to buy or change anything, so those companies DON'T CATER TO YOU! They cater to guys like me who aren't afraid to change what I don't like!

Jeeezzz, give it a rest.... or start standing on street corners wearing a placard predicting "the End of World is Coming!"

Oh and let's not forget....GM is going TO LOVE IT, whenever a C7 is sold and the owners change the rear facia's...they still sell them anyway!

Actually you may be right, there will always be FOOLS like you buying those kits.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could this get any more nutty?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Torky
Yes. Frame-off resto of '67 numbers matching roadster. Been following the Vette religiously since I was 10 yrs old. Lets keep it a poor-mans Ferrrari, instead of a fancy Camaro. "Branding" the tail end of the Vette with...... "Camaro"? Cheesy. Major faux pas.
Enough of the Camaro rant. Ferrari sounds better!

I want to see your frame off resto! I'm actually serious and not doubting you. Besides, this thread could use a good derailing to relieve the tension/contention! I did a frame off resto on a 68 Camaro that I spent 5 years building myself. I finished it up in 99 and had it 20 years now. It's a one of kind 68 Camaro that was featured in a magazine and is my baby. Sadly, I don't driver her. It only has less than 2000 miles since I finished it in 99. I love the classics. None the less, would love to see that Vette your working on!

Last edited by slief; 02-02-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
the company that makes that silly back end would and will go bankrupt. Not many people would be silly enough to take the back end of a contemporary design, and put on an old design for roughly 3 grand. Not only would they lose the 3 grand, but they would depreciate the car even more.
Now is that the slang term "bankrupt" as your favorite president uses it, or the real definition as Mitt used I definitely see a opportunity for the aftermarket here, big deal if some wants to change out the bumper cover that can be put back on.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by z06801
Now is that the slang term "bankrupt" as your favorite president uses it, or the real definition as Mitt used I definitely see a opportunity for the aftermarket here, big deal if some wants to change out the bumper cover that can be put back on.
If you see an opportunity, then you should go for it also. Good luck with that. Yes, Mitt was a real winner. After he lost, his sons said, he didnt really want to be president anyway.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Actually you may be right, there will always be FOOLS like you buying those kits.
Wow, sorry to hurt your feelings. I should apologize for hitting too close to your heart.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Dont give a damn what someone else does with their car. I say mod all you want any way you want and more power to ya.

As to the rear end, I like the taillights. Its everything below them I hate. Thankfully a dark color does a lot to hide the hideous "designed by two different committees that were not allowed to see each others work" look and is needed anyways to hide the "look at me, look at me, look at me, I'm a vent" look. While I'm sure it all works for the children that think the look of a 4" fart can makes their civic fast, for this old man, not so much. And no it isn't that I loved the C6, I bought two of them because in the end they were just too good a car not to buy. The C7 will likely be the same for me, I'll never really like the look but I'll put up with it because the driving is worth it.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman
Dont give a damn what someone else does with their car. I say mod all you want any way you want and more power to ya.

As to the rear end, I like the taillights. Its everything below them I hate. Thankfully a dark color does a lot to hide the hideous "designed by two different committees that were not allowed to see each others work" look and is needed anyways to hide the "look at me, look at me, look at me, I'm a vent" look. While I'm sure it all works for the children that think the look of a 4" fart can makes their civic fast, for this old man, not so much. And no it isn't that I loved the C6, I bought two of them because in the end they were just too good a car not to buy. The C7 will likely be the same for me, I'll never really like the look but I'll put up with it because the driving is worth it.

Crabby eh?? You stationed on Whidbey or live there?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Where is the matching nose clip with pop up headlights?
Originally Posted by glhs386
Get hyper-emotional about a couple pounds of blow molded plastic, why don't you.

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Is there a C3 taillight kit coming out I'd really rather have that?
I nominate these posts as the most informative and important posts in this thread.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman

it's really below the tailights thats hideous, it's just trying to be to many things, and the hood and rear fender vents(by the doors) cheapin the look of the car even if they are fuctional they distort the lines.
And for the record there are 9 vents
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

Originally Posted by mustang1999
I agree. Anyone who spend money on that crap looking kit to uglyfy their C7 has to be retarded. Stick to the C6 if you like old fashioned so much.
Kinda makes me wonder how that third-rate-third-world kit's gonna hold up under hard G's, drifting, and going 190+MPH. Any chance of that fluffer just BLOWING OFF UNDER PRESSURE???

Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

they also knew camaros for having round tail lights. Look at the back of a 1970 camaro. The whole debate is silly.
EXCELLENT f'ing post.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

let me know when your rear end burns up because all the vents are gone. They are there for a reason one would imagine. Also the circular lights do not go with the car at all. You people need to stop crying like babies.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I wonder if people were such babies when the C1 went to the C2, now that was a huge design change and the 2nd gen now has by far some of the most wanted Corvettes ever.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

the company that makes that silly back end would and will go bankrupt. Not many people would be silly enough to take the back end of a contemporary design, and put on an old design for roughly 3 grand. Not only would they lose the 3 grand, but they would depreciate the car even more.
While you are correct about that specific bit in my post, I was actually basically agreeing that the rear end looks good. Perhaps I should have commented more, but I do stand corrected, and I agree that these type of mods are cheap and that DEPENDING on what other mods these companies make, across a spread of different cars, manf's, etc. YES I agree that, even with all of the bickering that is going on in this silly thread, yeah, that company's C7 mod division will either go belly up, or will struggle so badly that anyone with a legit C7 who sees one of these abominable mods on the road will do a lot more laughing than those with it.

Last edited by The Dizzy Vizzy; 02-06-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vette4Lyfe
looks like what it is compared to the c7. not right on this car.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakira
I love that kit! Now I have no complaint. It's not so much the lights are not round, just make it look decent. The C7's official rear end is just a horror show, imo.
I think the best word to describe the C7 rear end is "peculiar".

Get notified of new replies

To New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
I think the best word to describe the C7 rear end is "peculiar".
no, stunning is more accurate. beautiful is also good.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
MikeMaj82
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
let me know when your rear end burns up because all the vents are gone. They are there for a reason one would imagine. Also the circular lights do not go with the car at all. You people need to stop crying like babies.
the rear vents are still there....they are in the unpainted part of the bumper on both sides running vertical....
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 PM
LUDS 96
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mods to the C-7

How about the folks that put a 64 rear window in their 63 split. And the three tail lights on the C2's. Then C-5 rear bumpers on the C-4. It all looks new and different. Then we want to get it back to stock. Then it's out to Carlisle to see if we can find the parts. The new Corvette is great.

Quick Reply: New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!