C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Guage Cluster - Is it just the center display, or are all 3 sides digital?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Guage Cluster - Is it just the center display, or are all 3 sides digital?

Well folks, you understand my question.

I can't tell if it's just the center screen that is digital, or is it also the speedometer to the left and the other guages to the right?

Pretty stupid question considering the cluster is only 8 inches (I've never seen specifics if this is a diagonal or horizontal measurement), its just that, in some screenies of the dash, the center guage is lit up while there's nothing "on" on the left and right, esp the pictures @ NetCarShow.

Any insight would be just ducky.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
glhs386
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just the center.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it is the center only. What I am waiting to hear is what all shows up on the console screen.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dizzy Vizzy
Well folks, you understand my question.

I can't tell if it's just the center screen that is digital, or is it also the speedometer to the left and the other guages to the right?

Pretty stupid question considering the cluster is only 8 inches (I've never seen specifics if this is a diagonal or horizontal measurement), its just that, in some screenies of the dash, the center guage is lit up while there's nothing "on" on the left and right, esp the pictures @ NetCarShow.

Any insight would be just ducky.
It's an 8" diagonal HD display. The gauges on either side of it are regular mechanical/non LCD gauges that get their signals digitally.

Last edited by slief; 01-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I think it is the center only. What I am waiting to hear is what all shows up on the console screen.
HOORAY!!! I actually like the idea of a real speedo!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
458it
Instructor

center
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

Thank you.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Instruments are displayed in either analog or digital format the method of displaying them doesn't change the format. You can use analog needles or bar graphs or thermometers or you can use numbers (digital format). The speedo on the left is an analog instrument. The center section is an electronic display (not a digital display). It has a combination of digital and analog instrumentation. For instance the tach is an analog instrument. From what I can see there is a digital speedo on the center display.

I think oil, coolant and oil temps are digital in the track mode but might be in analog format with some of the other settings.

Bill

Bill
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Instruments are displayed in either analog or digital format the method of displaying them doesn't change the format. You can use analog needles or bar graphs or thermometers or you can use numbers (digital format). The speedo on the left is an analog instrument. The center section is an electronic display (not a digital display). It has a combination of digital and analog instrumentation. For instance the tach is an analog instrument. From what I can see there is a digital speedo on the center display.

I think oil, coolant and oil temps are digital in the track mode but might be in analog format with some of the other settings.

Bill

Bill
There are an analog speedo, fuel gauge, and coolant temp gauge in semicircles on either side of the 8" screen.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

Terrific, thanks for the feedback guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Digital Guage Cluster - Is it just the center display, or are all 3 sides digital?

Quick Reply: Digital Guage Cluster - Is it just the center display, or are all 3 sides digital?