Sponsored by:

Another C7 Poll For 35-50 Year olds

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrunkPenguin
Gawd yes and thanks for making me feel young at 48.. Been tripping on it lately (48). Years do fly.

But yes. Since C5 I was away from this forum the entire run of C6. C7 has brought me back and seriously I have never been this turned on to a car under $100k in my life. I just love it inside and out.

This even before real world tests are done but come on? I don't think they will drop the ball here. I bet it will be best ever.

I must have this car. I have not said that about any car in years. I thought M3 would be my next but isnt going to happen.

This from pictures and videos. That says something...

Rick
look guys, there you go right there. Here is a guy who was going to buy a bimmer, and he is in the lower age target, 30's and 40's and he wants one. If he is saying it, how many other guys are out there who were going to buy bmw, or audi, or porsche, will buy this new vette. I personally think that when this car starts showing up on the street, guys will go nuts for it. I am more positve than ever, especially after readings guys comments who have seen it, that I will want one also.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Vertigo
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrunkPenguin
Gawd yes and thanks for making me feel young at 48.. Been tripping on it lately (48). Years do fly.

But yes. Since C5 I was away from this forum the entire run of C6. C7 has brought me back and seriously I have never been this turned on to a car under $100k in my life. I just love it inside and out.

This even before real world tests are done but come on? I don't think they will drop the ball here. I bet it will be best ever.

I must have this car. I have not said that about any car in years. I thought M3 would be my next but isnt going to happen.

This from pictures and videos. That says something...

Rick
41 here and like Rick said - I also stayed away from the forum during the C6 period. I've been waiting for the C7 for years now. I love my C5 for sure but the C7 has me hook line and sinker.

I have to have this car too and full plan to buy one the 2nd year.

Craig
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM
BSheppard
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35, Love the C7. I own several cars now (550i, C6Z, Viper) and will hold out for the GS/Z06/ZR1 or what ever they call it. I bought a base model 2005 C6 only to sell it in a year for the 2006 Z06. Do not want to repeat that deal.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 AM
hihocarp
Instructor

Will be 50 in 2 months and love the C7 but probably won't buy for a couple if years to make sure all the bugs are worked out plus want to see if there are any other engine options
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

41 and loving the new C7. Still not selling my beautiful Grand Sport just yet....I'll wait a few years.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 AM
HollywoodC7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonyalex95
I'm curious to know if the C7 appeals to Sports car buyers in the 35-50year old bracket any more or less that the previous models. Please only 35-50 year olds respond. Thanks, Tony

As of 1/31/2013 at 8pm EST there are about 37 members who responded "love, like or must have" The remaining 36 are "wait and see", "waiting for a Vert or C7Z", "not sure" and "not for me" There were only 5 who responded "not for me" Now we need to ask the Chinese what they think
Im 47.....have plenty of $.....was aiming at the 991 S.....but when the C7 excitment started..My 991 interest wained.....I am now out of this world excited about the C7....so many are sitting around typing opinions about the Rear, Vents, etc....keep typing LOL..I will be having a blast running this machine around the streets...Never will be tired of 450lb ft of torque
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM
HollywoodC7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alanhang
look guys, there you go right there. Here is a guy who was going to buy a bimmer, and he is in the lower age target, 30's and 40's and he wants one. If he is saying it, how many other guys are out there who were going to buy bmw, or audi, or porsche, will buy this new vette. I personally think that when this car starts showing up on the street, guys will go nuts for it. I am more positve than ever, especially after readings guys comments who have seen it, that I will want one also.
I drive a 2012 535i M Sport daily....Love it....and YES I had a C6 loved it too.......I was looking seriously at the M3.....but the new 991 came out and it was all that i obsessed over for months.....the suspense of the new C7 drove me insane with excitment....It was extremely well done......NOW...Im 47 and the C7 is ALL that I am buying....? need to drive it?...Need to see how the seats feel?.....Come on..that is so damn arogant....Joe Public needs to prove the machine is actually good...the million so dollars of Research and Developement and the history of C6R racing success.....Just pay your deposit and wait for delivery...What a fun day that is going to be....Just drive and enjoy guys.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

The base C7 is not the car for me. I will wait for a wide body Z06 or ZR1. The current Z06 and ZR1 still represent the pinnacle of Corvette performance, and until the C7 changes that in a significant way, I will keep my Z.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Pitbull592
4th Gear

I love the C7 and plan to purchase a Z51, or Z06 variant. I joined this forum for this reason. It works out great for me because I hadn't planned to buy a new car till mid 2014, by then I'll be 35. I always have driven German cars, but the C7 really speaks to me. In my line of work I use a gm truck for a daily driver & always kept a fun weekend car, but looks like I'll be owning two gm's now. This car has swayed me from interest in the R8, MBC63, GT3, M3.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Satoa
Instructor

I'm 52 but have owned 9 Vettes so I should get some slack on age - YES the new Stingray is fresh and up to date - I will have one......

Quick Reply: Another C7 Poll For 35-50 Year olds