Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else think the C7 is Ugly?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
How many in this thread that don't like it have C6's ?? Just curious..
I have a C6, also a blown 700+RWHP C5 and previously owned 2 C4s. I was hoping the C7 would just be a "have to have", but so far, its not doing "it" for me. Now when the actual performance numbers come out, I may change my mind
Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Glen220
I don't like it at all. Too radical of a change all at once.

The side looks like a Nissan GTR, the back a wrecked Camaro. The Corvette has lost its identity.

I have a C6 I bought new and will be keeping it.
Enjoy, please wave at us who are thoroughly enjoying our C7's.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Do you have such a short memory that you can't even remember what you posted in the past?

I'm not gay, so you will have to find another playmate.
Part of the creep factor is that you clearly went back and looked.
Whew, I'm relieved your not as that lessens the creep factor a little anyway!

Last edited by BlueOx; 01-23-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The side looks like a Nissan GTR, the back a wrecked Camaro. The Corvette has lost its identity.

Like the '63, '68, '84 and '97 were?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Oh come on. Admit it. You don't have enough money to purchase a C7, since you spend your entire Social Security check each month paying for your C6 that you financed for 23 years at 23% APR..
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Oh come on. Admit it. You don't have enough money to purchase a C7, since you spend your entire Social Security check each month paying for your C6 that you financed for 23 years at 23% APR..
Joe, for a guy who doesn't like the C7, you sure spend a lot of time here. Are you a "HATER" cause that is what they do.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Part of the creep factor is that you clearly you went back and looked.
Whew, I'm relieved your not as that lessens the creep factor a little anyway!
What's funny is that I don't have to go back and look. You read like a open book.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

The more I look and read about it....the more I like it! The C7's styling is fresh, modern and unquestionably looks like a Corvette. It will be the best Corvette yet!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

I have a C6, and a C1 and a C2. What does that have to do with anything other then I buy Corvettes, including new ones. Me owning a C6 probably means I'm more likely to purchase a new Corvette then someone driving a RAV4. But if you believe that owning a C6 is the reason I won't be buying a new C7, you couldn't be more wrong. I don't buy cars that I don't like the looks of. Pure and simple, even for you to understand.

Tell me, how many Corvettes do you own? Do you believe that Corvettes are only intended for those that don't own one; that there are no such animals as repeat customers for the Corvette? There will be those who own C6's buying C7's and there will those that don't own C6's buying C7's. Other then trying to throw dispersion's on those that own C6's what else do you have to offer?
I think before you went in to full on tirade mode, he was simply trying to ascertain that among current C6 owners which ones favor the design vs. which ones don't. In contrast to those that do or don't like the design that are not a current generation owner. Perhaps trying to draw some inference on current model styling cues and like or dislike.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Racer
Joe, for a guy who doesn't like the C7, you sure spend a lot of time here. Are you a "HATER" cause that is what they do.
Not at all. I just like watching train wrecks.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
He just keeps following me around making nasty comments to get my attention...creepy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I do, but if I could have any Corvette I wanted including the C7 at this moment, I would take a 60th anniversary 427 convertible. Hands down IMO the best looking Corvette made to date.
And at the price of 63k from MacMulkin, it probably cheaper than the C7 too.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
I think the rear end is the best part

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
I think before you went in to full on tirade mode, he was simply trying to ascertain that among current C6 owners which ones favor the design vs. which ones don't. In contrast to those that do or don't like the design that are not a current generation owner. Perhaps trying to draw some inference on current model styling cues and like or dislike.
Paul,
I'm counting on you to make me love the C7 when I see it in person at the Bash.. I'm driving a thousand miles to see the darn thing.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Paul,
I'm counting on you to make me love the C7 when I see it in person at the Bash.. I'm driving a thousand miles to see the darn thing.
Count on it Randy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

I'm in between on this car. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.

I don't think it's ugly, but it is certainly not the best looking car (or Vette) that I've ever seen.

There are certain elements that I like very much. The profile is very aggressive, and I like the views I've seen from the front and three quarters. It has a nice stance, and some nice lines and contours.

Then again, there are certain elements that just don't rock my world.

I think I will like the full body colored roof better than part body color/part CF roofs I have seen on the show cars.

I'm okay with the taillights, but the two tone rear end doesn't do it for me. If that black valance is painted, and not plastic, it should be body color.

I don't like the tailpipe surround - at all.

I'm okay with all of the vents, but the black color of the vents just doesn't do it for me, at least not for all body colors.

I'm okay with the rear hatch and glass, but I don't like that little side window, or whatever it's supposed to be. Does that thing open, or is it fixed?

I only really looked at the red interior, but it's way too busy for me. Too many swatches of color in between the black. It should have had more continuous sections of color. I'm not a fan of the exposed carbon fiber. It looks unfinished.

The little grab handle looks silly to me, and doesn't appear to be terribly functional.

Any one of these things all by itself wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm from the There is Elegance in Simplicity school of design. Less is more.

I don't think the designer should get his rocks off by showing how many disjointed elements he can cram into one project at one time.

All of that being said, none of these things by themselves would be a deal-killer for me.

It's just that they didn't hit a walk-off grand slam home run. It's maybe a long, fifth inning, game tying, bases clearing double.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Like the '63, '68, '84 and '97 were?
these were GREAT designs

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else think the C7 is Ugly?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
DrunkPenguin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy I find it so hard that so many don't like it. Totally okay that everyone has their opinion. But wow.

Car ecstasy is a funny thing. Can't be explained I guess.

In my 30s, when I first laid my eyes on C5 I loved it. Was moving up in my career and it was my first real kick *** car. Not a truck or whatever else I was driving but loved it bought it new.

Fast forward to C7. I'm becoming obsessed I love the looks of this car so much. The feeling is much more connected than C5 ever was. I mean I love this car. It's the hottest Vette period to me. Yes the 60s classics are great but talking semi-modern days. Sorry I still feel if GM had not gone in this direction sales would continue to decline and perhaps that would be it. I'm sure they would pull a Camaro after a long long break and bring it back but we don't want that. Not slamming the C5 or C6 at all fellas and I loved my C5 but the current crop is looking soft now. Just my opinion. Did most of you want an update to C6.look? Really?

Also. Everyone that I have shown pictures or videos to that knows Vettes but doesn't KNOW Vettes if you know what I mean have all said wow. That's the new Vette?

I think it's amazing and I have to have it but I will wait for Vert although it will be tough. I need to see it. Never owned a Vert. It may be time next year.

I think I could even afford a bit more than Vette this time but no way! The feeling is too strong.

Miss C7 will you marry me?

Rick

Last edited by DrunkPenguin; 01-23-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Count on it Randy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Car I saw at BJ looks BAD *** in person !!!!
While I'm not giving up my C6 Z06 for one, I'd gladly park a new C7 Z06/ZR1 next to current car.

I'm not a traditionalist......I buy what appeals to me. The edgy, new style does have a european flair to it, looks a lot like the new Ferrari F12, which I also think looks bad as hell.

I'm not going to tell anyone they have to like the car, but I think you need to see the car in person to appreciate (or criticize) the new styling.

To me, I say job well done Team Corvette !!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else think the C7 is Ugly?