Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL C7 Nurburgring laps, info and BATTLE thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts
Default OFFICIAL C7 Nurburgring laps, info and BATTLE thread

So, it's no joke and no question...I LOVE Nurburgring! Even more, I love Corvette at Nurburgring. We've apparently got a few players in here, so I figured it's time to post a vid of what will be called the current fastest lap.

RULES: If you beat this time you MUST post a video showing all data on screen as I have. NO SLICKS, NO tire change allowed.

All Nurburgring lovers feel free to post any pertinent Nurbur info. No endless bickering or talking about Porsche or whoever else. This thread is Corvette love, Nurbur love...ONLY.

STRONGLY prefer manual shifted with clutch engaged....

Here, the current FAST time in this configuration will be posted and updated, along with the video link:

Sport Hards, oil change, tcs off, abs (open) category

1st 7:25.806, Filip Ovik, vid on pg 7
2nd 7:26.184, Arnold_Vette (video loading) Paddle shifted gives undetermined time advantage...
3rd 7:30.864, RC000E Video in quote below

Last edited by RC000E; 01-28-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by RC000E
So, it's no joke and no question...I LOVE Nurburgring! Even more, I love Corvette at Nurburgring. We've apparently got a few players in here, so I figured it's time to post a vid of what will be called the current fastest lap.

This video is done with G27, no traction control, abs on 1, oil change only, sport hard tires, no other alterations.

RULES: If you beat this time you MUST post a video showing all data on screen as I have. NO SLICKS, NO tire change allowed.

All Nurburgring lovers feel free to post any pertinent Nurbur info. No endless bickering or talking about Porsche or whoever else. This thread is Corvette love, Nurbur love...ONLY.

Here, the current FAST time in this configuration will be posted and updated, along with the video link: 7:30.864, RC000E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTxsC...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
vetmts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video, Can you post the video from out side the car??
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
JBauer47
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Great...

I just bought my G27 and set up my stand ...

There goes my weekend

MC
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by talon90
Had to push myself a tad I guess....
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vetmts
Great video, Can you post the video from out side the car??
Yeah...I got a little "antsy" in this lap. I hate ANY contact with the grass whatsoever. This is a legal lap, but I would like cleaner for an outside view. This time....is pushin to say the least. If the Z51 car gets a 7:30 for real...its either got more power and/or less weight than this GT5 version...or Jim has accepted if he dies, at least he'll die happy...lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Damn it...I just realized this video somehow got the end clipped off....damn it! I will fix...hang on...hang on!

Ughhhhh...NEED capture card...this bootleg thing is aggravating! So, I rerecorded it, then realized I had the cam aimed low...good god. So, gotta record yet again.

EDIT>! Now it plays all the way.

Last edited by RC000E; 01-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,255 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!! Is that FORZA 4, or FORZA Horizon?

Last edited by The Dizzy Vizzy; 01-23-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

So this is a video game?

Considering I did only two laps on the NurburgRing, I can tell you, a video game is no testament to the real thing. The graphics may appear to accurately resemble the 'Ring, but sit your azz in your Corvette and try and yeild a 7:30 in your own car and I hope you don't fly right off into a barrier.

Other than that, the graphics look great for a video game.

Oh....I did only two laps because I was afraid of crashing my Vette. The "track" is unforgiven.

The day I was there, 3 cars totalled, next week a guy on a motorcycle died, and the next week my buddy lost control of his AWD Suburu WRX and ***-ended into the wall. Half his car was in the back seat. Again, the video game looks awesome, but no testament for average track guys. Some of those local guys I spoke with had 1200 laps on the 'Ring. Not a video game.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
So this is a video game?

Considering I did only two laps on the NurburgRing, I can tell you, a video game is no testament to the real thing. The graphics may appear to accurately resemble the 'Ring, but sit your azz in your Corvette and try and yeild a 7:30 in your own car and I hope you don't fly right off into a barrier.

Oh....I did only two laps because I was afraid of crashing my Vette. The "track" is unforgiven.

The day I was there, 3 cars totalled, next week a guy on a motorcycle died, and the next week my buddy lost control of his AWD Suburu WRX and ***-ended into the wall. Half his car was in the back seat. Again, the video game looks awesome, but no testament for average track guys. Some of those local guys I spoke with had 1200 laps on the 'Ring. Not a video game.
I don't think anyone here is equating it to the real experience. Fact is though, it's no secret, many people are using simulators to prep for track days, races, etc. Iracing has been used by professional drivers to learn a line, a new track, etc. Also, driving these simulators with a full cockpit keeps your hand speed and throttle control on point if you have a stint of no track time.

People in Subarus *** end everything because they don't know what to do when the grip goes away....seen it a ton of times.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I spend a lot of time making laps at Nurburgring and love the GT5 simulator. My lap times are all over the place, from 7:30.555 to 8:35 depending on how the C7 is set up(tires). Just completed the new Time trial circuit last night and posted a crappy 8:35 in a C7.

My playstation login is SFCHiggins.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Filip_Ovik
Advanced

Too much cutting for being a legal time in real life, at least 4 times you were cutting on the grass, especially in the first sector.

This is a clean lap, performed by me, using almost the same setup, only different is that I am using a clutch as the car has in real life, instead of paddles as shown in RC000E's video. And no cutting on the grass of course.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
So this is a video game?

Thank you, for your real life insight.

I enjoy sitting at my computer play a few of the different racing games, but I always considered them to be just that, a game. I know the developers go to great lengths to get them as accurate as possible, but you cannot duplicate the real world in a game. So when I read lap times that are very close to the actual record lap I have to wonder. Noe this one is with in 13 seconds of the record lap of the ZR1. That right there should tell you something. Sure they are fun and it is fun to see if someone can best your time, but I have my doubts they they are any where near the real thing.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sfc rick
I spend a lot of time making laps at Nurburgring and love the GT5 simulator. My lap times are all over the place, from 7:30.555 to 8:35 depending on how the C7 is set up(tires). Just completed the new Time trial circuit last night and posted a crappy 8:35 in a C7.

My playstation login is SFCHiggins.
I'll have to add you on there. My name there is same as here.

Gotta tighten up that line! 8:35......
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Filip_Ovik
Advanced

Originally Posted by RC000E
I missed a downshift at the end that you can see in the vid...lol. Second to last turn, i downshifted and let the clutch out early and it hit neutral...no neutral with paddles man.

Once again, yours shows no data, so I dont even know why youre posting it. Funny my vid shows all data, start to finish proving the entire setup, and yours doesnt, yet you criticize me...lol. Its a legal gt5 lap, but if you like I'll beat that time cleaner and more to your liking.
It should show "N" almost every time you change gear, if you are not super fast...

Still I don't like all the data on the screen, I THINK it makes it clutter, maybe not you.

Also, I don't like how you're driving the car, in some places you are turning so much and you just get a big understeer, you're burning the h*** out of your front tyres (you can see them goes red and screaming a lot). Try slow in, fast out instead of the opposite My lap is much smoother, I drive the car as neutral as possible.

BUT, if I'll make a faster lap time (below 7:30's) I think I need to drive verg agressive too, and I don't like to drive in that way, I think it doesn't look real, more becoming a game.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I realize the point of the G27 setup and a rig is to make it more 'real'. Just curious if using a controller as compared to a steering wheel makes it easier or harder?

I thought the wheel would be easier, but then I got to try using a wheel for about an hour (that wasn't properly secured to a table) and I was freaking terrible! I was all too happy to return to my hand controller after that experience. FYI - The wheel was the GT5 standard wheel, not as nice as the G27 apparently.

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL C7 Nurburgring laps, info and BATTLE thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by FASST LN
I realize the point of the G27 setup and a rig is to make it more 'real'. Just curious if using a controller as compared to a steering wheel makes it easier or harder?

I thought the wheel would be easier, but then I got to try using a wheel for about an hour (that wasn't properly secured to a table) and I was freaking terrible! I was all too happy to return to my hand controller after that experience. FYI - The wheel was the GT5 standard wheel, not as nice as the G27 apparently.
With a wheel, I can run 8:00 laps all day long...just can't improve on it yet. With a controller, I can't get around the track. The wheel is much more intuitive as that is what I use when I drive my car. I can't make subtle enough corrections with a controller.

There are plenty of folks that can drive the hell out of a car (in GT5 and in iRacing that I compete in as well) with a controller.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by FASST LN

It takes some time to get used to the wheel, but once you get it..you will be a lot faster. I used the wheel on GT5 and F1. I use the controller for most of the Need For Speed games.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Filip_Ovik
Advanced

I fired up GT5 just to show that I can be really fast if I want to, 7:27.787 here

My previous best lap time and the new one.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL C7 Nurburgring laps, info and BATTLE thread