C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A different view on the 450hp/450tq numbers…

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Kratos-TM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shayneusmc
No one, but don't be one of those people with "regrets" after you buy the first year model when they release some upgrades a year or two down the road. Don't forget about the first year "bugs" that may occur. I can recall many people wishing they would of waited for the C6 Z06 or the C6 GS. Unless of course, you have money falling from trees Just saying, each to their own, BUT I will be waiting
Ok, so what do I do until then? Most guys on this forum have a corvette already to play with while waiting. I right now have nothing.....LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

These C7 threads are simply amazing. What is up with some of you C6 owners. The semantic dance that many of you have engaged in is classic denial and flatly laughable. The C7 is going to be a far superior performance vehicle. Deal with it and stop making fools of yourselves.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
Please, no one on this site likes Obama except for me probably.
God help us...just when I thought you were sane and informed....
Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
These C7 threads are simply amazing. What is up with some of you C6 owners. The semantic dance that many of you have engaged in is classic denial and flatly laughable. The C7 is going to be a far superior performance vehicle. Deal with it and stop making fools of yourselves.
Oh please GM doesnt know what they are doing and are bullshytting on their numbers. There's no way the C7 base will be faster than the C6 base.

Atleast thats what people like Sam90LX believe.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Kappa
The ZR1 was estimated at 620. The ZL1 was estimated at 550. That's the history we have to go by. My guess is 465-470hp. More than enough for a base car.
Bingo.

The really issue is 95% of Corvette owners (make that 99.% of CF Forum posters) greatly OVER ESTIMATE their driving abilities. In reality they cannot handle 350 hp on the street, aside from a 6 second freeway onramp blast, let alone 450+.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Oh please GM doesnt know what they are doing and are bullshytting on their numbers. There's no way the C7 base will be faster than the C6 base.

Atleast thats what people like Sam90LX believe.
Never said that, I hope it puts out close to 500hp as im a buyer!

You just "think" all the numbers are set in stone.....find the thread: Real Number Delay and read it good!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Fan Boys are coming out of the woodwork!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
Ok, so what do I do until then? Most guys on this forum have a corvette already to play with while waiting. I right now have nothing.....LOL
Well, if you have the Corvette fever then you are SCREWED! If you can't control the fever then go ahead and buy the new C7 when it comes out. I'm not saying you won't enjoy it, I have no idea what your goal is when buying this vehicle. If you are already satisfied with what has been presented as the "base" model then go for it! Personally, I can't own a base model and be happy. History has shown me that I need that upgraded performance. I mean, check out my signature. There is no way I will be happy with a base model LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Xtreme Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Fan Boys are coming out of the woodwork!
He may like it or not, but he is basing his knowledge to what the Engineers are stating and at this point, its do or die for GM. What are you basing your knowledge on?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Aaron Keating
The one I got to see was pearl white with ghosted racing stripes. Scary fast.
Well there is always the 572 (does GM still make that? It's been a couple of years since I picked up one of their catalogs).
I figured Duramax might be up your alley since alot of the Chevelle guys are switching over to it, the thing weighs as much as a big block so it's not like they are wounding the car's handling most of the time. Get you some mpgs back too

I'd love to get my hands on a 502 ramjet at some point. I know it's probably never going to happen but man that's a sweet intake. I'd get one just for the intake
That duramax is tempting but I like that big block rumble and lope. Lol
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Xtreme Z06
He may like it or not, but he is basing his knowledge to what the Engineers are stating and at this point, its do or die for GM. What are you basing your knowledge on?
Im not saying one way or the other.....I think it is all speculation.
I know the number's GM is shooting for and may have attained on the test mules but there is always a chance something could change on a car that is 8-9 months out. Already no one knows for sure what the damn thing weighs!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
You can buy a used C4 pretty easy to play with till you can get your C7.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

A simple "no way" is the only response that fits this thread. But you do get an award for being an eternal optimist.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
johnnystock
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think it will be far better than the C6(in acceleration). Better, yes, but maybe a lot of plp will be disapointed to see its similar in performance to a Grand Sport, which is a great thing IMO. LS3 Vettes are really stout. So with 15-20hp more, same weight, they wont do miracle, especially in straight line. Gotta stay real.

GM performance division knows how to road race(ZR1/ZL1), I bet the new Vette is going to be even better

Quick Reply: A different view on the 450hp/450tq numbers…