Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A challenge for those that think the C7 rear does not look like a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
HRS KLR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A challenge for those that think the C7 rear does not look like a Camaro

Walk up to 10 random people at work and show them a picture of a C7 rear-end and a Camaro rear-end and ask them if the pictures are more similar or more different.

I bet 8 out of 10 say, more similar. The other two are blind

By the way, I like the new car. I can't wait till they hit the showrooms. I wanna drive it bad
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 PM
vankenn
Instructor

they both have different designs. the first artist render looks like a camaro so people talk about it. the revealed version is slightly different. 2 toned, smaller rear, slightly different light shape.

they both looks like cars from the transformer movie.

put 2 cars with round tail lights next to each other and i bet you anyone would say they look the same
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Kratos-TM
Instructor

Even better, don't even show the 2 together. Just take the rear shot from the reveal photo and see what they say. Don't "lead" them into any answers, and just see what's the first thing from their mind.

I've done this already.......they all said "Is that the new Camaro?".........
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

The Camaro is so damn big that it may cause some disagreement, but there are some similarities with the taillights, sure. Need to see how big the new Vette is in person before I'll know.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,350 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by HRS KLR
Walk up to 10 random people at work and show them a picture of a C7 rear-end and a Camaro rear-end and ask them if the pictures are more similar or more different.

I bet 8 out of 10 say, more similar. The other two are blind

By the way, I like the new car. I can't wait till they hit the showrooms. I wanna drive it bad
Of course they will. But those are not Camaro taillights. they are unique to the c7.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hell I am sure at night cruising around if I spot those lights on the highway I couldnt tell if it were a C7 or a Camaro until I got up close.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It very much resembles the back of a camaro, but that doesn't mean I don't like it

Look forward to owning one.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I asked that challenge in a earlier post. Take 4 pics a ferrari 430, c6, c7 and camaro and ask 10 people have them match which ones look the same. Add in A dodge or two just so it's not to simple. People are blind if they don't see how close they are. The rear sides, tail lamps, the flat back, the lower sides all have similar lines like a camaro Go to any car forum you will see they say Camaro rear end. Why cause we are all blind? no cause that's teh truth. It's called denial. I don't hate the rear and I don't love it but I know what it looks like and so does everyone else. To say you don't see it well that's fine but the rest of the world does. I understand why gm did it. The camaro sells to younger buyers why not throw in some of equation to attract younger folks. I understand they are trying to get out of the "old mans car theme" but I don't know if that was the correct desicion only time will tell. Kudos to Gm for trying something diffeernt regardless if it was right or wrong.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
epic
Racer

^ What Floyd said.

It IS a Chevrolet design language. There are similarities - but you can easily tell them apart. For those who say they don't look similar, take off the flags and separate the exhaust and it could just be a sixth gen Camaro if GM wanted it to be from the rear.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by epic
^ What Floyd said.

It IS a Chevrolet design language. There are similarities - but you can easily tell them apart. For those who say they don't look similar, take off the flags and separate the exhaust and it could just be a sixth gen Camaro if GM wanted it to be from the rear.

I hope the OP has a Nomex flame suit...............

There is definitely an intentional Chevy family design resemblance. Many are in denial over that obvious fact!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
HRS KLR
Instructor

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
I hope the OP has a Nomex flame suit...............

There is definitely an intentional Chevy family design resemblance. Many are in denial over that obvious fact!
Re-read the first post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I work with a lot of guys who love sports cars. They know I have a Vette and they all came up to me yesterday asking me if I'm buying the 2014 Camaro...
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

You park a c7 and a camaro next to each other and you have someone tell which is which, The corvette looks like a corvette and the camaro looks like a camaro. Thw corvette is still a 2 seater sports car that is low to the ground and has the same overall shape as the last 4 generations. End of.

I'm getting sick of this discussion.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

We'll know what the C7's *** looks like when the sales figures come in.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Originally Posted by HRS KLR
Re-read the first post
Uh, I think you and I are in agreement. My post wasn't directed at you.

I think those who can't see the family resemblance must have their "beer goggles" on............
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bladex10
You park a c7 and a camaro next to each other and you have someone tell which is which, The corvette looks like a corvette and the camaro looks like a camaro. End of.
The Corvette looks like a Ferrari/Camaro and the Camaro looks like a Camaro/Tank. End of.

The C7 is deffinatly a nice car but if you were to see it on the road the 1st thought in mind as well as 2nd and 3rd would be is that a Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus! Not Corvette. Thats me and I drive a Corvette!

Get notified of new replies

To A challenge for those that think the C7 rear does not look like a Camaro

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Uh, I think you and I are in agreement. My post wasn't directed at you.

I think those who can't see the family resemblance must have their "beer goggles" on............
If I need beer Goggles to look at my corvette then I am sorry its not for me. I want the Corvette to be the Corvette. We should be bitching that the new Camaro looks to much like the Vette. Not the other way around!! So Gm is basing all there cars family design off the Camaro? Didnt the Camaro get discontinued for 8 years? Should Gm really base the Corvette off of that?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Drumhawk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The C7 tailights look way better than any previous ones and don't really look like camaro tailights, maybe complain about the fact they both have a chevy emblem centered on the rear too.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by bladex10
I'm getting sick of this discussion.
You might want to invest in nausea pills or avoid the C7 section, because I have a feeling this is one dead horse that will be beaten...over and over and over again for the next few months.

Quick Reply: A challenge for those that think the C7 rear does not look like a Camaro