C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So how bad is a C7 going to beat a C6 LS3 in stock performance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

GM is tracking the car, has been for months, they know how good it's performing.

From the Febuary/March issue of ROAD&TRACK, "the base Stingray turning faster test laps than the Grand Sport and out-cornering it at beyond 1 g of lateral accleration"

From the March Car&Driver,...Tadge Juchter Chief Corvette Engineer:..."The guys who've run mules at VIR are getting lap times competitive with today's Z06."

GM is telling us the base car is going to be faster than the base C6/GS, the top performance spec, a lot faster,close to the C6Z06. Some people don't want to hear it and even go as far as saying Tadge and company are lying. Some of the members here are going to look very foolish when the car is tested by the press.

Last edited by DREAMERAK; 02-22-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by jackhall99
If you can watch and listen to this video, and really comprehend what is being said, you might accept the fact the C7 is a hell of a good improvement over rhe C6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5IAUUJEsU

However, after reading your drivel for a while, I'm not sure if your hatred can be overcome, no matter what any person says.
Wow, so your opinion is fact... must be a democrat
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
Ya, I guess this one is way over my head
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by ucfsaxman
so using little movie clips is all the rage with the mentaly slow these days I can see...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bwfredette
so using little movie clips is all the rage with the mentaly slow these days I can see...
Your earlier post was lowering the overall IQ of this thread. So we figured that moving pictures was more up to your speed.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Sir, I am having difficulty following you.

1) no one is racing the c7 yet or even driving it yet. (maybe you were just guessing)
2) your point on the vents... what is your point? do you think the c6 had transmission cooling issues that the c7 vents solved? Have you ever seen where the transmission is located? It gets a lot of wind down there... The vents on the c7 have a name, it's called FORM WITHOUT FUNCTION! It's like the tail fins on the superbird or rocket nose on old 60's cars...

Calling the c7 an improvement on a great design would be a big leap. It is a change and little more. Perhaps I smell a little performance gain, maybe 5% or so; but that is just what the ls3 had left of the table for simple tuning and airflow mods.

My point is simply that it is hard to be excited about a decade long development of the 7th corvette generation when they gave so little. But I digress as the c5-to-c6 was not such a change either. perhaps this is all American motor companies have left in them.

Hmmm but what is with the rear end and shameful gauge cluster... yuk they've screwed the pooch this time! I'd be embarrassed every time I took someone for a ride and they asked me "why does it have a video game console in the middle of the dash"!
I don't know what you expected but it seems to me (based on my observations of the C5-C6-C7 progression) that GM has continued to make meaningful improvements in style and function and have been staying on pace with their competition as they also develop new generations of vehicles. I'm not sure you can ask a whole lot more than that.

Geez... I feel bad that you are so unhappy and disappointed. Life must be pretty miserable for you. If I were you, I would stop wasting your time trying to convince everyone else how badly the C7 sucks (when many/most don't agree with you) and start researching your next car purchase so you can get some much needed peace in your life
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
GM is tracking the car, has been for months, they know how good it's performing. .... From the March Car&Driver,...Tadge Juchter Chief Corvette Engineer:..."The guys who've run mules at VIR are getting lap times competitive with today's Z06." ... .
You better watch it my friend. While you are absolutely correct, I was called out on this point in another thread a few days ago! It was stated that I apparently misunderstood what was said, that Tadge meant the C7 was competitive with today's GS.

I was even clear to state it was competitive with, and not beating, the current Z06. Of course, there are CF members who do know more than Juchter does.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, so your opinion is fact... must be a democrat
Dumb post.

Of course, we have learned to expect that from you.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Your earlier post was lowering the overall IQ of this thread. So we figured that moving pictures was more up to your speed.
or you are just stupid
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
bwfredette
Racer

You better watch it my friend. While you are absolutely correct, I was called out on this point in another thread a few days ago! It was stated that I apparently misunderstood what was said, that Tadge meant the C7 was competitive with today's GS.

I was even clear to state it was competitive with, and not beating, the current Z06. Of course, there are CF members who do know more than Juchter does.

honestly I don't think you get my point any more than I get yours... perhaps you are saying that GM is indicating the c7 should be about as quick as a C6-GS? does this some how contradict my arguement? GM put a whopping 5% more in to this cars base line WoW!

perhaps it's best to just quit. You like ths c7 I don't ...

Last edited by bwfredette; 02-23-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

honestly I don't think you get my point any more than I get yours... perhaps you are saying that GM is indicating the c7 should be about as quick as a C6-GS? does this some how contradict my arguement? GM put a whopping 5% more in to this cars base line WoW!

perhaps it's best to just quit. You like ths c7 I don't ...
There ya go. Took you long enough.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

There is no misunderstanding the quote from Tadge, "The guys who've run mules at VIR are getting lap times competitive with today's Z06." it is the same as appears in the March C&D. Lets take a look at Tadge Juechters credentials as reported by R&T, Chief Corvette Engineer, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer with a Stanford MBA. I will take his word over the anonymous keyboard cowboys on this forum 24/7. When Juechter makes a public statement he attaches his considerable name and reputation to it, the unknown alleged experts risk almost nothing but their forum rep and can disappear into the ether, soon to be forgotten.

Last edited by DREAMERAK; 02-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sir, I am having difficulty following you.

1) no one is racing the c7 yet or even driving it yet. (maybe you were just guessing)
2) your point on the vents... what is your point? do you think the c6 had transmission cooling issues that the c7 vents solved? Have you ever seen where the transmission is located? It gets a lot of wind down there... The vents on the c7 have a name, it's called FORM WITHOUT FUNCTION! It's like the tail fins on the superbird or rocket nose on old 60's cars...

Calling the c7 an improvement on a great design would be a big leap. It is a change and little more. Perhaps I smell a little performance gain, maybe 5% or so; but that is just what the ls3 had left of the table for simple tuning and airflow mods.

My point is simply that it is hard to be excited about a decade long development of the 7th corvette generation when they gave so little. But I digress as the c5-to-c6 was not such a change either. perhaps this is all American motor companies have left in them.

Hmmm but what is with the rear end and shameful gauge cluster... yuk they've screwed the pooch this time! I'd be embarrassed every time I took someone for a ride and they asked me "why does it have a video game console in the middle of the dash"!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

or you are just stupid

Name calling...really? I guess you can not get people to agree with your opinion. It is just your opinion and their opinion. There is no winner..doesn't have to be a winner. Ok?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 AM
HHughes1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

31 3:01.2 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (Z51) LL2 11/08
37 3:03.6 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (Z51) LL2 8/07
71 3:09.3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (Z51) LL2 11/06
23 2:58.5 CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT LL2 2/10
22 2:58.2 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 LL3 8/07
30 3:01.1 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 LL3 11/06
10 2:53.5 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 (Z07) LL3 2/11

5 2:50.7 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires) LL3 2/12
6 2:51.8 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 (Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires) LL3 2/10

Any idea which version Z06 he would be referring to? Would I be correct in stating that a 2013 Z without F55 or Z07 should be expected to perform similiarly to the ones tested in 06 and 07? Seems that certain option choices provide remarkable performance gains and a base car (Z06) is significantly behind the Z07 version?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by HHughes1
Any idea which version Z06 he would be referring to? Would I be correct in stating that a 2013 Z without F55 or Z07 should be expected to perform similiarly to the ones tested in 06 and 07? Seems that certain option choices provide remarkable performance gains and a base car (Z06) is significantly behind the Z07 version?
I think the later ones would be a good bit quicker just due to the change in tires to the Goodyear G2's.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
GM is tracking the car, has been for months, they know how good it's performing.

From the Febuary/March issue of ROAD&TRACK, "the base Stingray turning faster test laps than the Grand Sport and out-cornering it at beyond 1 g of lateral accleration"

From the March Car&Driver,...Tadge Juchter Chief Corvette Engineer:..."The guys who've run mules at VIR are getting lap times competitive with today's Z06."

GM is telling us the base car is going to be faster than the base C6/GS, the top performance spec, a lot faster,close to the C6Z06. Some people don't want to hear it and even go as far as saying Tadge and company are lying. Some of the members here are going to look very foolish when the car is tested by the press.

Can anyone else confirm this is this true?

Get notified of new replies

To So how bad is a C7 going to beat a C6 LS3 in stock performance?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by corvet786c

I can't confirm it other than I have read those comments and watched the videos where Tadge and others were quoted saying this. I don't know that anyone can confirm this other than to confirm they read the same thing. No one will know until test results are published.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Why don't you go buy the magazine and confirm what he stated himself?

But to answer you, read Car & Driver, March 2013 issue, page 42, second column, lines 6, 7 and 8.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gthal
I can't confirm it other than I have read those comments and watched the videos where Tadge and others were quoted saying this. I don't know that anyone can confirm this other than to confirm they read the same thing. No one will know until test results are published.

I took the question as though he wanted confirmation that Tadge made this statement.

Of course we can't confirm the actual performance until independently checked out in head-to-head comparison runs, or at least until Mera wrings it out at the 'ring.

Quick Reply: So how bad is a C7 going to beat a C6 LS3 in stock performance?