Sponsored by:

Fixed it! Photochop

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Should be a option to get it painted the same as the car.
It will be, If I buy one ... right in the dealers body shop before I take delivery!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I see this pictures here is on some European Corvette forums as well

Originally Posted by dome42

Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
09C6VRGG
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Ferrari doesn't seem to think so.
I agree, if they were going to copy the ferrari body lines, they might as well have done the rear too. It looks like a ferrari got rear ended by a camaro and the tail lights tilted.
At this point it is like beating a dead horse. I'm waiting for more 4matic AMG's to come out and I'll probably vote with my feet.

It's like dating, if you saw a girl with a crooked nose and the opposite color eyes you thought were pleasant, you wouldn't date her. Looks aren't everything, but you don't spend time (or money) with something you don't find appealing.

Time to keep what I have or move on.
I hope that within the next few months people stop making new threads about this. GM listened to almost all of our complaints, but they are changing their image to the younger generation so they can maybe buy new, or hopefully buy used c7's in the near future. They want to get rid of that "old mans car" stigma.

Last edited by 09C6VRGG; 01-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
mgg
Instructor

Someone driving a 1974 C3 and being critical of the C7 just lost all credibilty in my mind. No offense but really?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Oh? What if we said that anyone who drives a pimped out C4 race car has no credibility. I mean, where does it end. No offense, but really?

I could also call you a hater but I won't go there...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
LS6GXP
Racer

I do like the idea of painted A-pillars. Can somebody do that too
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
The C6 hood 'vent' isn't an air extractor, it's an intake. Functionally, the two are very different
No, take a look at the unveil. It explains how it works. It is used as a vent to exhaust hot air from engine and radiator. Also, aids in down force through aerodynamics.

Edit; just noticed op said C6. Sorry

Last edited by speedlink; 01-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stew24
It will be, If I buy one ... right in the dealers body shop before I take delivery!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
The C6 hood 'vent' isn't an air extractor, it's an intake. Functionally, the two are very different
Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Not according to everything I have seen. It is a vent to extract hot air from the engine bay and exhaust it up over the roof and alongside the windows.
Originally Posted by vetluvr

The hood vent is an air extractor for the radiator.
Originally Posted by speedlink
No, take a look at the unveil. It explains how it works. It is used as a vent to exhaust hot air from engine and radiator. Also, aids in down force through aerodynamics.
c6 guys...c6.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ufaj26
Found this on the "net"..... Looks good in the matching color.
Much better!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by loquinho
I went into photoshop and removed the things that bug me about the C7. This would be a car I would love to drive around.

I did a little custom glass work - removing the venting from the hood and rear quarters, and minimizing the gill vent in the front quarter. If a hood vent is necessary for the upgraded version, I'd add in an minimal intake vent similar to the C6.

In the rear, I dropped in a light kit that removes the camaro taillights. Such minor changes, and such a better looking car.

That car has a mean look to it.. The Blue calipers look good on that color.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Not necessarily. My phantasy car is a matter of swapping out the stock lamps and popping in a set that looks like the above. The check spoiler delete on the RPO box, and I have what I want. I guarantee you someone is already working on a tail light kit for this car and it's probably under discussion in GM design as well for a mid-year refresh. Just imagine that RACER, they go back to round taillights and everyone will look at your car and say - there goes an older C7 - guess the guy never stepped up to the newer model. Then you'll be the one shopping for round tail-light kits
You're dreaming if you think GM is going to go back to the round tail lights for any year of the C7.

Just like you were dreaming when you thought GM wouldn't go with this rear end. Face it. You were wrong then, and you'll be wrong in the future, with that aspect.

I don't mind the first picture. Car looks sweet. The second one though, looks worse than what GM has come up with.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young_Z06
what happens to said hot air when you take the roof off... or worse yet when you put the top down on the convert? I'm guessing some of it circulates right into the cabin.... sounds pleasant
You would not have an issue with heat entering the cabin. Heat rises so sitting still you would not feel anything in the cabin. Actually it may be a little cooler if it helps with engine heat entering through the firewall/drivetrain tunnel. And when you are moving the air circulation would disperse the heat. If you felt any at all it would be very negligible. My guess is you would not feel anything adverse at all.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Racer
Oh, and I think your taillights look dated and ridiculous on the photo.
Looks like an Impala.
..or Fiero
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by ufaj26
Found this on the "net"..... Looks good in the matching color.

The cyber gray looks better with the rear the body color
I'll take that exact car about this time next year
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case no one remembers the Corvette had square'ish tail lights in the 90's on the C4
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by loquinho
I went into photoshop and removed the things that bug me about the C7. This would be a car I would love to drive around.

I did a little custom glass work - removing the venting from the hood and rear quarters, and minimizing the gill vent in the front quarter. If a hood vent is necessary for the upgraded version, I'd add in an minimal intake vent similar to the C6.

In the rear, I dropped in a light kit that removes the camaro taillights. Such minor changes, and such a better looking car.

Can you put the rear vents back in on the gray car with the same body color and one with the vents black?

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed it! Photochop

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Just Cruise
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

removed

Last edited by Just Cruise; 01-16-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

It's amazing how , when the more you look at something, it grows on you. When I first saw the Jalopnik drawings last year, I thought, "No Way... Never Happen. GM would never make a Corvette look like a disturbed HotWheels Toy designer contest car gone overboard with more air vents than a viral studies room at the CDC and enough rear end eye mascara to keep Mabeline in business for the next century."
Then, when it turns out that the Jalopnik drawings were exactly right when we saw the unveil, I again was wrought with sickness and dispair when the vulgar realities of madmen turned loose on an American Icon were brought to fruition.
Now, I sit and stare at pictures with eyes welled up and a bottle of Xanax held tightly in one hand and a bottle of purified water in the other, trying to convince myself that the new C7 design is all good.
Now, things seem to be getting better every day as I add various other prescription medications to the cocktail , while replacing the water with Jack Daniels and a small frig filled with Budweiser chasers.
I've come to realize that in the same way Brittney Spears looks a whole lot better with the shadowy eyeliner and pushup bras, as opposed to the mom shopping at Target image with a couple of kids in tow, I must.... absolutely must, ... realize that I'm livin' in the USA - but it ain't the end of the innocence anymore. It's the beginning of a whole new Nightmare. I've been welcomed to it.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Here's my certificate of acceptance into the eye makeup club of America. Funny thing is, I'm not coordinated enough to be able to hit golf ***** right. But that's such a "stiff" pastime anyway so I could care less....

Last edited by roundlight lover; 01-16-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Fixed it! Photochop