Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 is Ricer Styling

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 is Ricer Styling

IMO, the C7 is a product of the Ricer Styling School of Design. Those comparing the C7 to the coming NSX are correct in chosing those two cars for compairson - they both are products of the Ricer Styling School of Design. That means the C7 styling is current and relevant to those raised on computer games with limited graphic capability whose limitations determined how oblects were represented. That may or may not appeal to those who currently have sufficient wealth buy a Corvette. That also means that within three years the C7 will look dated to that audiance as those people expect a major upgrade in looks as that's what computer games do - make a major upgrade in looks every three years. That upgrade usually takes the form of making the objects look more realistic.
If I'm right, the C7 should have an initial appeal to an audiance that is going to want an upgrade in three years to a more realistic style - whatever more realistic means.
IMO there is nothing lasting about the C7 Ricer styling, nothing that deserves the label Stingray, nothing that people will look back upon as having set a new styling trend. Although the C7 styling may well have set a new expectation of three year production runs from the styling pint of view.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

So if you can do better, how come you don't own the controlling interest in GM ?
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

You have no clue as to what ricer means.
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Ricers took the style from performance cars. So now that performance cars have functional parts its called rice? I don't buy into the C7 being ricer at all.
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Are you drunk this early?

It's a smash hit, objectively. Sorry you don't like it.

News flash, not all people born in the 70s-80s are poor.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 AM
vetluvr
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
So if you can do better, how come you don't own the controlling interest in GM ?
Because Obama stole it from us!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey man I kinda agree. All the people I know who have Ricer cars love the new corvette because it looks like it came from Japan or Italy! That worries me. The same people talk crap on my C5 because it looks to American!! Last I checked I live in Philly and not Tokyo..
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Do you even know what "ricer" means?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by SK360
You have no clue as to what ricer means.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

An Italian ricer?

FFS
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

I love all of these internet designers. Maybe you have another awful rear end photoshop to share with us?
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

This should go over well.
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Do you even know what "ricer" means?
Someone who mods a car that doesnt or shouldnt be modded to make it look fast or more Japanesse or supercarish. Thats my definition of it.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Good one OP! Lmao!
Too many hits this morning?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
I love all of these internet designers. Maybe you have another awful rear end photoshop to share with us?

I love all these people who cant believe that there are people who do not like the new corvette! I dont get it. Everybody is entitled to there opinion. In my eyes the C7 is a very nice car but I wouldnt call it a Corvette. Just like the 04-06 GTO. Very nice cars just shouldnt have had the name GTO on it. Am I wrong for saying that? Please let me know why?

When I think of Corvette I think of america. When I look at this new C7 1st thing I think of is Ferrari.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Z0SIXXXIN
Instructor

OK....I say we make a list for everyone that talks crap about the C7. Then we keep track of how many people on that list actually buy one. If you are on the list, but buy one anyways, you should've eternally ban from all corvette forums. This car simply looks amazing, it does not look anything like any ricer....in fact, if they took design cues from anybody, it was the Italians.....which takes the vette to a completely different level. The C7 is the best looking car I have ever seen and now has a presence that will hang with exotics.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slow-v6
I love all these people who cant believe that there are people who do not like the new corvette! I dont get it. Everybody is entitled to there opinion. In my eyes the C7 is a very nice car but I wouldnt call it a Corvette. Just like the 04-06 GTO. Very nice cars just shouldnt have had the name GTO on it. Am I wrong for saying that? Please let me know why?
If you don't like it why do you, and other negative-Nancy's like you feel the need to stick around here chanting the same tired mantra?

You're entitled to your opinion, and we are entitled to tell you yours sucks.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 is Ricer Styling

Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by slow-v6
Hey man I kinda agree. All the people I know who have Ricer cars love the new corvette because it looks like it came from Japan or Italy! That worries me. The same people talk crap on my C5 because it looks to American!! Last I checked I live in Philly and not Tokyo..
I hear ya. But, I always think of rice as "all hat, no cattle" because it represents fake, add-on, pseudo-speed junk. Everything on the C7 is purposeful, so not so much "rice" as "race."

Interestingly, my 20-something sons both like the C6 and C5 better than the C7 -- whereas I'm liking the C7 a bit more than its recent predecessors. They are both performance/sports car lovers, who would add functional performance mods to their cars but hate "rice" (as they define it). In our family, GM's attempt to appeal to the "youth" market looks like a FAIL!!! (Of course, neither of them would be affording a C7 anytime soon anyway...)

Oh, and if your "ricer" acquaintences like cars from Italy -- there's hope for them!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z0SIXXXIN
OK....I say we make a list for everyone that talks crap about the C7. Then we keep track of how many people on that list actually buy one. If you are on the list, but buy one anyways, you should've eternally ban from all corvette forums. This car simply looks amazing, it does not look anything like any ricer....in fact, if they took design cues from anybody, it was the Italians.....which takes the vette to a completely different level. The C7 is the best looking car I have ever seen and now has a presence that will hang with exotics.

Hanging with exotics? Who cares. The ZR1 is a supercar already. A lot of Exotic owners are affraid of it.

The Corvette has lasted 61 years by looking like an american car. For me Corvette ment America. It was original in the world. Now to me it looks like a copy. Its a nice car but looks to much like everything else out there. If it aint broke then why fix it? I bet the Corvette out sells every other countries supercar!

maybe when I see the C7 in person I will change my mind but as of now, 4 days of looking at it on the CPU and now on TV I still dont care for it as a Corvette.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z0SIXXXIN
Been doing that for the last few months via ignore list.

Ignore List
Colorado C6 Guibo I Bin Therbefor Jet Streaming Notch PureSwank Slow C5 Slow Vette TTRotary
Check / Uncheck All
Add a Member to Your List...

Feel fre to use mine if you like, it's quickly filling up.
These are mainly people who repeat the same thing in every thread and have almost nothing positive to add. I invite varying opinions but it's gotten to the point wherei just don't care to hear the same thing every day repeated by the vocal minority here.

Last edited by Aozora; 01-16-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 is Ricer Styling