Sponsored by:

Base vs z51 in C7 form

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Base vs z51 in C7 form

I currently own a Base 1lt C6, and really enjoy lots of things about the build. Better ride, lighter weight, longer gears for drag racing, and so on... With that being said, I feel like the C7 we were shown at the auto show was a fully loaded Z51 that had a estimated weight of 3350lbs...

My questions.
1. Will the Base come with all the cool vents?
2. will the Base be lighter, and if so, by how much?
3. will Base have the 8" dash screen/computer?
4. Will the Base have CF interior?
5. Will the Base have NPP?
6. Will the base come with a wing similar to the red car shown?
7. Will Base come with electronic LSD?

I want the lightest version of the C7 as possible, with NPP; which is my exact setup now on my C6. however, i'm strating to think that my base build will be living me short handed in the C7... wing, vents, and electronic diff. Thoughts???
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

bump
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
VinceJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette
I currently own a Base 1lt C6, and really enjoy lots of things about the build. Better ride, lighter weight, longer gears for drag racing, and so on... With that being said, I feel like the C7 we were shown at the auto show was a fully loaded Z51 that had a estimated weight of 3350lbs...

My questions.
1. Will the Base come with all the cool vents?
2. will the Base be lighter, and if so, by how much?
3. will Base have the 8" dash screen/computer?
4. Will the Base have CF interior?
5. Will the Base have NPP?
6. Will the base come with a wing similar to the red car shown?
7. Will Base come with electronic LSD?

I want the lightest version of the C7 as possible, with NPP; which is my exact setup now on my C6. however, i'm strating to think that my base build will be living me short handed in the C7... wing, vents, and electronic diff. Thoughts???
1. Yes, but the Z51 is supposed to have a special Aero package as well.
2. Should be lighter since it has smaller rotors and no rear sway bar and smaller front sway bar. No tranny/engine coolers and no dry sump.
3. All the cars will have the 8" dash screen. Only option on it is Nav or no Nav.
4. No, unless you get the LT3 package I believe the Z51 won't even get it without that package
5. NNP?
6.Wing, yes
7. No LSD. Only the Z51.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
VinceJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting the Z51 because I will track mine and it is good weight
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by VinceJB
1. Yes, but the Z51 is supposed to have a special Aero package as well.
2. Should be lighter since it has smaller rotors and no rear sway bar and smaller front sway bar. No tranny/engine coolers and no dry sump.
3. All the cars will have the 8" dash screen. Only option on it is Nav or no Nav.
4. No, unless you get the LT3 package I believe the Z51 won't even get it without that package
5. NNP?
6.Wing, yes
7. No LSD. Only the Z51.

Thanks for sharing!

NPP is a dual exhaust mode.
on question 7, i'm ok if we don't get a electric LSD however, i do expect to get a standard LSD like I have in my C6. I don't chevy doesn't want me doing one wheel burnouts and posting the video's on youtube

I wonder how much weight savings a base C7 will have when compared to the floor model. I'm sure i'm wishful thinking, but i really wanted to see a 3100lbs car
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,184 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette
NPP is a dual exhaust mode.
on question 7, i'm ok if we don't get a electric LSD however, i do expect to get a standard LSD like I have in my C6. I don't chevy doesn't want me doing one wheel burnouts and posting the video's on youtube

I wonder how much weight savings a base C7 will have when compared to the floor model. I'm sure i'm wishful thinking, but i really wanted to see a 3100lbs car
Haven't found anything that shows NPP as an option, my guess is that it's included in the Z51 package. I'm pretty sure I remember one of the interview videos specifically talking about the extra flow of the NPP over the base exhaust.

While I would hope that GM includes a standard mechanical limited slip, I wouldn't count on it for sure. With electronic throttle and traction control, they may feel that it is not required. They might also be doing the same thing many other vendors are doing and using braking on individual wheels to limit slip on the base car. Even Porsche has moved away from a mechanical limited slip on most of their cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Base vs z51 in C7 form

Quick Reply: Base vs z51 in C7 form