Sponsored by:

The C6 already looks dated!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
.......That is why the car has lasted 60 years with only 7 different designs. You can rest assured every Corvette model will turn heads even after all of us are long gone and 6 feet under.
.........at my age a '72 big block rag top still gives me a HARD-ON!.........

BTW! It has lasted 60 years with just six design changes. The new car will add to that time.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
JadeRaven
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 129 Posts

C6 looks great but I have to admit after seeing the new car, the C7 ruins the C6 for me. Too big of a jump in technology, quality, etc.

I remember thinking "how could this Vette ever look old" after the '98 hit the market, and just recently thinking the same thing about the C6. But now the C6 looks old.

Still looks great, but old.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by vectorz
Except the C4.

It's funny, when the C4 came out, I didn't like it at all. And didn't like it for years after. Now 20-some years later, I wouldn't mind having a pristine C4 Grand Sport.

But that one took a looonnggg time to grow on me.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Ieattoomuch
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JadeRaven
C6 looks great but I have to admit after seeing the new car, the C7 ruins the C6 for me. Too big of a jump in technology, quality, etc.

I remember thinking "how could this Vette ever look old" after the '98 hit the market, and just recently thinking the same thing about the C6. But now the C6 looks old.

Still looks great, but old.
Nature of seeing any new model car and then looking at the old one. Even if you don't like certain design cues the fact you know it is the new version will automatically make an older version stand out in your mind as "old".

Even Porsche with its slightly different look new models still make the older model look "dated" once you see the new stuff.

Its good to see GM has made a new Corvette. I wish the car is successful so the Corvette name continues to live on for many years to come.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
SubjectAlpha
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jd_black_00

Sorry, but the C6 looks like an old cow compared to the C7 IMHO
Or maybe the C7 looks like a C6 on meth.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_black_00

Sorry, but the C6 looks like an old cow compared to the C7 IMHO
Very similar design, the wheels look more dated than the car does.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

The wide body c6's look badass. The base model looks like an absolute fossil now in comparison.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
CorvetteGerard
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

how does the c6 look dated when the 96 grand sport is still super clean? i'm sorry but that c7 coming out made me like my Grand Sport even more. Last of the simple stuff that could be easily modded..

I remember back in 2001 I had a ws6-trans-am...i promise you it smoked my friends pewter 2001 corvette..stock for stock...and i'm not lying...we were at 150 and the trans-am was ahead a little bit....but back to my story:

My trans-am had a plastic firebird in the front of it covering the license plate frame..look over at the vette and guess what.."corvette" written in the same plastic....i'm not saying the new c7 shares camaro parts which is definitely does not..but you can see some similarity in both cars (taillights, interior) just like you could back in 2001. So i'm not saying its a bad thing, i'm just saying this reminds me of 2001 when the two cars weren't too different...Horsepower wise they were the same I believe.

The new vette is cool..BUT the c6 was the vette that was around when the Camaro disappeared...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Tommyxgun
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
CorvetteGerard
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

outdated? come on now......
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronyaur
I agree. The rear end of the C6 looks just like a Malibu.

Have you seen a new Malibu. Has a similar light reflection as a C7 follow
one at night People
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 603 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommyxgun
They look nothing alike
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I loved my 2003 C5, but I traded it for a 2013 C6 to avoid the C7.

My base coupe is lighter than the C7 and the C7 only has 20 more HP than I have. The design is different. Some of us will like it and some will not. Most will adjust to it and accept it in varying degrees.

I liked the idea of going from a 50th year to the 60th year. I will never buy any car in its first year of production. Look back at the issues in 1997 and 2005. By the end of the model run they have worked out all the issues and you basically should have a trouble free car.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Full Disclaimer - I'm a C6Z owner...

The base C6 has been a little long in the tooth now. I've felt this way for the past few years. These long product cycles don't help the reputation of the outgoing car at all. With that said, I think the base C6 looks better in person than it does in pictures. I still glance at em when they drive by. I also think C5s look great too. Amazing that its 15 years old now and looks as good as it does.

With that said, I still find that the wide body C6s still look pretty darn stunning. It is understated and clean yet shouty and aggressive at the same time. I feel that there are a few weaknesses in the design, specifically the headlights and boring rear bumper, but overall, it is still a great looking car. Considering the design is 8 years old now, I think its a testament to how well it was designed. GM really nailed it. I wish I remembered the launch of this car, it would have been great to be a part of the buzz and see what it was like when it was brand new and seen for the first time.

So with that said, I NEVER post pictures of my own car when it isn't relevant, but I'll break my own rule here. I absolutely LOVE the side profile of the C6 Wide Bodies and with the latest craze in over-designing, I don't think we'll see something as elegant as this in a while.

Also before I'm called a hater, I think the C7 looks pretty darn good, perhaps even stunning, but I wouldn't call it elegant. This generational change feels pretty similar from the 67 to 68. Both are gorgeous cars, but the 67 was more elegant than the 68s were.

Last edited by Jawnathin; 01-15-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Full Disclaimer - I'm a C6Z owner...

The base C6 has been a little long in the tooth now. I've felt this way for the past few years. These long product cycles don't help the reputation of the outgoing car at all. With that said, I think the base C6 looks better in person than it does in pictures. I still glance at em when they drive by. I also think C5s look great too. Amazing that its 15 years old now and looks as good as it does.

With that said, I still find that the wide body C6s still look pretty darn stunning. It is understated and clean yet shouty and aggressive at the same time. I feel that there are a few weaknesses in the design, specifically the headlights and boring rear bumper, but overall, it is still a great looking car. Considering the design is 8 years old now, I think its a testament to how well it was designed. GM really nailed it. I wish I remembered the launch of this car, it would have been great to be a part of the buzz and see what it was like when it was brand new and seen for the first time.

So with that said, I NEVER post pictures of my own car when it isn't relevant, but I'll break my own rule here. I absolutely LOVE the side profile of the C6 Wide Bodies and with the latest craze in over-designing, I don't think we'll see something as elegant as this in a while.

Also before I'm called a hater, I think the C7 looks pretty darn good, perhaps even stunning, but I wouldn't call it elegant. This generational change feels pretty similar from the 67 to 68. Both are gorgeous cars, but the 67 was more elegant than the 68s were.

Now how the hell is somebody gonna say this car is dated. you people must be crazy. this car is beautiful!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

New vs old, dont think i could sell my C6Z(pictured below) but could add C7 fairly easy in Black of course

vs

Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
Now how the hell is somebody gonna say this car is dated. you people must be crazy. this car is beautiful!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mookster
New vs old, dont think i could sell my C6Z(pictured below) but could add C7 fairly easy in Black of course

vs

There is no loser with these pictures

Get notified of new replies

To The C6 already looks dated!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

The Z and ZR rock. And will do so for a long time.

I think - and just MHO - that the C7 looks as good as it does BECAUSE of the Z and ZR. GM put some of the "toughness" of the look of the Z and ZR, and infused it into the C7.

Because of that, I don't think there will be a wide body/narrow body lineup for C7.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Chevy Performance
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

The ZO6 and ZR1 always looked good and still look new. When I bought my base C6 coupe I planned on putting the ZR1 body on it, should happen this year. The base C6 just doesn't look all that great.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bladex10
The wide body c6's look badass. The base model looks like an absolute fossil now in comparison.

^^ The wide & low look of a 505HP C6 427 from the perspective of a C7 ^^

The wide-body IS basically the BASE C6 from when it was introduced (the base C6 was such a small % of sales afar the GS arrived).

C6 GS Z51 = C7 Z51 (that's your apples-to-apples comparison)

Quick Reply: The C6 already looks dated!