C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is GM monitoring our reactions on the C7 Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Is GM monitoring our reactions on the C7 Forum?

I'm just picturing GM and Chevy execs poring over our comments. Can you imagine these statements?

"Oh, carp. I thought they'd LOVE these (fill in the blank.)"

"See?? I TOLD you so!"

"Man! Why didn't WE think of that??"

"Let's see if we can do this for 2015."

yada, yada, yada ...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Gipper
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

They are probably lurking.

There's no way to please everyone. Overall I think they did a great job! The C7 actually makes the previous Gen's look dated! I couldn't say that when they released the C6. I always thought the C5 was a better, more modern looking car than the C6, but the C7 makes both look like something from yesteryear.

If you guys are lurking...
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 AM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 681 Likes on 229 Posts

What do you think the GM in my name stands for?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s'noJob
Is GM monitoring our reactions on the C7 Forum?
Monitoring? GM employees and interns have been making half of the posts.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

We are such a small population they really don't care. Think they want to get rid of the old guys anyways and they will have to except change. This new vette will change along with the buyers. GM basically is laughing saying FU don't like it don't buy it. For every person on this board that hates it they have 10 new people wanting to buy it.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
ShanMan14
Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

GM most definitely reads our forum, 100% sure of that. Do they read every post and every thread, even we can't do that.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 523 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

They would be foolish not to read here. Even if they didn't want or care about the opinions, knowing what they are might actually influence production targets or any number of things associated with it. From nothing more than a business standpoint, it's prudent to know everything you can.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I sure hope they read them. There is a thread on here where someone mentioned that aftermarket companies are already going to work on aftermarket rear ends to fix it up for a majority of those who don't like it. That's saying something HUGE right there. We aren't talking about aftermarket exhausts here to get some more sound. We are talking about a whole new rear end! Why should we have to reach out to aftermarket companies to fix the back of a brand new car??? That's absurd. Get it right the first time GM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 717 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
We are such a small population they really don't care. Think they want to get rid of the old guys anyways and they will have to except change. This new vette will change along with the buyers. GM basically is laughing saying FU don't like it don't buy it. For every person on this board that hates it they have 10 new people wanting to buy it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

If they are, can someone please send me a coupon for the C-7. I am a fan and want to buy one.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
eeshooter45
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are Govt Motors now - just like rest of administration they have attitude of "We make the rules and you follow them. So suck it!"
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

20 years ago GM would be sponsoring Focus Groups to observe everyday people discussing the design of the new Vette. I used to participate in those for other products and the sponsor would pay each of say 10 folks in a focus group a $100 or so to discuss the sponsors product behind one sided mirrors for an hour or so, and the discussion was recorded. Now the internet gets the same feedback over a much wider population at no cost.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM
rcwsound
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
I sure hope they read them. There is a thread on here where someone mentioned that aftermarket companies are already going to work on aftermarket rear ends to fix it up for a majority of those who don't like it. That's saying something HUGE right there. We aren't talking about aftermarket exhausts here to get some more sound. We are talking about a whole new rear end! Why should we have to reach out to aftermarket companies to fix the back of a brand new car??? That's absurd. Get it right the first time GM.
I like 90% of the car, the rear is the Deal Killer for me. I'll keep my 10GS and drop a Supercharger,Cam and Tune once it's out of warranty.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Fazio
Of course the aftermarket companies are gearing up with offerings for everything possible. That's why they exist. It wouldn't matter what GM did initially; there will always be people who want to make their car their own, and the market will support that. Just look at all the stuff for available for the C6. Just about every piece of it can be replaced with something different. Does that mean the entire car is flawed?

As to the original topic of GM monitoring this site, I'm sure they are, along with the various other forums. I think they may use the input to make adjustments to production for the easy things, but I doubt there will be any major changes.

If you are watching, GM, my wish is for more flexibility with the options. For example, I'm leaning toward the 3LT package, but I don't want NAV. Also, I'd like MSRC, but not necessarily the whole Z51 package. Same for the wheel options.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 832 Likes on 394 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

If they read the post I wonder how mush weight it carries. Don't forget, the Corvette design staff does all their magic, then they must go before a board that approves the final design. I am sure this final product was a combination of a few different designs.

I can take it or leave it. There are three issues I have, and they are the small side glass at the B-Pillar/Halo as it give the impression of a back seat ala Mustang. The design of the rear hatch and glass sure looks like there are going to be some sight issues, and final of course the rear end. I don't think of Camaro as much as I think of the Corvette Concept/Transformer car. It looks more like that rear end modified of course so it is not as radical as the transformer Vette.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excuse me for a moment while I talk to you GM folks out there...

Hi guys...Blue Ox here. Hey, thanks for the really awesome C7...I love it. But I was wondering...do I get any credit for helping to promote this thing for the last year? Can you knock five grand or so off the price? How about just tossing in the Z51 package with MR for me?

Let me know if you need anything.

Regards,

Blue Ox

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 523 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Hey Blue Ox, let us know if your voucher shows up in the mail!

Get notified of new replies

To Is GM monitoring our reactions on the C7 Forum?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
Hey Blue Ox, let us know if your voucher shows up in the mail!
Will do!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

At this point, our opinions about the C7 don't much matter. GM will, however, monitor sales figures closely.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GmdVT
What do you think the GM in my name stands for?
OK, I'll take a stab at it. General Motors?

Originally Posted by ShanMan14
GM most definitely reads our forum, 100% sure of that. Do they read every post and every thread, even we can't do that.
We can if we have enough volunteers.

Quick Reply: Is GM monitoring our reactions on the C7 Forum?