Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Blancpain
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheSaint
Z06Norway. Dette er tydeligvis en som vet alt og kan alt
Bare gi blaffen i han
This is 'Murica...Speak 'Murican gawdammit! LOL

Last edited by Blancpain; 01-18-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM
wishihad1-2
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Buhma
Are you kidding me? People are crying about the deletion of round taillights...I think these people would kill themselves if Corvette lost ANOTHER traditional item.
Is the leaf a tradition? The C5 design team said they made mules with coil springs and only used the leaf because it worked better for packaging. The C1-C3 all had coil springs. The C7 likely retains the leaf simply because it's an evolution of the C5's basic design and thus for the same reasons why it was the right answer for the C5 it's the right answer now.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Buhma
This is 'Murica...Speak 'Murican gawdammit! LOL

So much awesome in this post!

Im surprised whoever made that picture didnt replace the "latina" on the right with a baseball and some apple pie lol.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

The Maserati Citroen was far from any success. I think most cars was sold in the US

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by wishihad1-2
Is the leaf a tradition? The C5 design team said they made mules with coil springs and only used the leaf because it worked better for packaging. The C1-C3 all had coil springs. The C7 likely retains the leaf simply because it's an evolution of the C5's basic design and thus for the same reasons why it was the right answer for the C5 it's the right answer now.
Are you aware that the Solstice and the Sky have the almost identical architecture as the C5 and they have a coil over suspension from the factory. Same packaging as the C5/C6/C7.

They also had steel body panels and weighed less(under 2900 lbs) then the C5. Even when a LS7 and a heavy 6 speed and a heavy differential were dropped in they still weighted no more then the C5.

Last edited by JoesC5; 01-19-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by You_Vette_Your_Ass
1. Many supercars use plastic as body materials such as the MP4-12C.

2. The Corvette is a real sports car, that has set real records, won real races, and slapped about other "real" sports cars.

3. The Corvette isn't a budget supercar; it is a supercar. The other supercars obviously cost more than they are worth if the Corvette destroys them at half or less the price, from a performance standpoint at least. Clearly the extra money is just buying badges and frou-frou things.

4. I agree, the hood vent is sketchy... I would need to see some quantified performance data to back up the downforce claim.

5. Leaf springs out-handle more expensive, more complex suspension setups. That begs the question: is more expensive and more complex better?

Lastly, I know I don't give a sh** what the euros think and I don't see whay anyone else would either. The Corvette could destroy most of their overpriced offerings and yet they would still complain simply because it is an American car.
Exactly. Well stated....especially that last paragraph.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any car can be teased for something but I'm quite certain that Europeans will love the C7.

There really isn't a glaring weakness to tease about this time. The C6 has world class performance and no one around the world ever debated that, but there were some obvious issues that needed to be addressed and that was done with the C7.

I'm certain they will be all over the C7 and they will be drooling over the Z06 and ZR1. The performance is now met the detail and sophistication that the Vette always deserved. Regardless of where you live, most people will be able to appreciate that.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM
South40
Heel & Toe

Maybe the Corvette owner should be laughing at the European supercar owners. Not only does the Vette compete with all of them on a performance par [street cars AND racing versions] but they cost far less [per comparable performance] are much more street friendly and when the ugly words maintencance & repair are invoked the Corvette owner reaches for his wallet; the "Exotic Eurocar" owner applies for a new bank line of credit or a 2nd mortgage. The first time I heard an aquaintence talk about a $200 oil & filters change at his dealer, I tried to be sympathetic with him...

Last edited by South40; 01-19-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

Originally Posted by Stingray23
I laugh at the prices they ask for cars that perform worse then their competition.
They laugh all the way to the bank as their exhalted brand equity allows them to makes boatloads more buyer gouging profit per unit that Corvette Team can only dream about . Thats capitalism and the market at work. The Corvette buyer gets a good car for a good price and may smugly look at the competitions pricing structure, but GM is the loser, from a car makers perspective, having to engineer and then market a car that must sell at half its competitors prices to compete . Thats leaving an extra 30-40k manufacturer profit on the table vs Porsche 911 for every unit sold.

Last edited by usroute66 MKW; 01-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by South40
.... Not only does the Vette compete with all of them on a performance par [street cars AND racing versions] ............
I hope the new racing platform is not penalized by adding hundreds of pounds of weight again for competition.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
c7rvette
Racer

they aint gonna laugh at this, especially if they race it!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Runs11s
I don't care. The Corvette is America's sports car that can be bought overseas.

Screw what the euros think. Or anyone who worries about what hey think.

This is a Made in the USA car! Made for Americans BY Americans.
I was going to comment but maybe my opinion isn't wanted.............
Old 01-19-2013, 01:45 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The bottom line is that GM cares. A LOT!

They made this Corvette for all audiences they are targeting and that includes the whole gamut of global sports car fans who are interested in the C7's value proposition. Beating the global competition is just one way they expect folks to sit up and take notice.

I think if 'Europeans' are laughin it is about some of the clods that have shown up here lately.

Last edited by BlueOx; 01-19-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Rick 98
Advanced

Originally Posted by c7rvette
they aint gonna laugh at this, especially if they race it!!!
looks very tough!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I think Porsche is going to worry about the C7 for many reasons.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 PM
OMG
Team Owner

Originally Posted by usroute66 MKW
They laugh all the way to the bank as their exhalted brand equity allows them to makes boatloads more buyer gouging profit per unit that Corvette Team can only dream about . Thats capitalism and the market at work. The Corvette buyer gets a good car for a good price and may smugly look at the competitions pricing structure, but GM is the loser, from a car makers perspective, having to engineer and then market a car that must sell at half its competitors prices to compete . Thats leaving an extra 30-40k manufacturer profit on the table vs Porsche 911 for every unit sold.
Riiiiight...that's exactly why Porsche got bought out by VW and now makes SUV's, 4 door sedans and anemic poodle carrying boxsters...

The Corvette pays it's bills...and makes GM money along with our scrolling list of vendor's that make boatloads of money on this very forum selling t-shirts and other useless little trinkets all while paying royalties to GM. Meanwhile on the Porsche/Ferrari forums, they have what 6 vendors?

Capitalism...I think the jealousy is the other way around...

Last edited by OMG; 01-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
The Corvette was designed to be more "international" but is it?

2.) Every "real" sports car uses 4-valve/cylinder engines with overhead cams.
so the Vette isn't 'real' ?? .....take two asprin and call your doctor in the morning, maybe you can be saved !

The Corvette, is STILL using pushrods with only 2 valves....for a 2014 model. If Porsche had a 6.2 liter you can bet it would be putting out A LOT more than 450 hp.
yeah, so name one of your 'exotics' that has a better / broader trq curve than the LT-1.......FYI, the Ferrari 458 makes 250lb ft of trq @ 2000 rpm's vs. the 400 for the Vette !

I don't know if it will be all that well received by Europeans. Any Europeans want to chime in?
who cares......who was it that saved their butts during two World wars !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Is Europe going to laugh at us?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Congaman
Pro

A lot of ranting about Europe in this thread. I am european and have been in love with Corvette for many years. Still, you have to admit the the build and interior quality hasn't been as good as in the best European cars. For me that is not a big issue but for most buyers over here it is. Here people are thinking Porsche when you sat sportscar, if Corvette wants to win some costumers over to their side they must upgrade the build and interior quality. I cant wait for GM to start selling the C7 over here. If is as good as it looks I will get one for sure.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Congaman
A lot of ranting about Europe in this thread. I am european and have been in love with Corvette for many years. Still, you have to admit the the build and interior quality hasn't been as good as in the best European cars. For me that is not a big issue but for most buyers over here it is. Here people are thinking Porsche when you sat sportscar, if Corvette wants to win some costumers over to their side they must upgrade the build and interior quality. I cant wait for GM to start selling the C7 over here. If is as good as it looks I will get one for sure.
How much would you have to pay over there for a new C7 what would cost $55,000.00 in the United States?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

Originally Posted by OMG
Riiiiight...that's exactly why Porsche got bought out by VW and now makes SUV's, 4 door sedans and anemic poodle carrying boxsters...

The Corvette pays it's bills...and makes GM money along with our scrolling list of vendor's that make boatloads of money on this very forum selling t-shirts and other useless little trinkets all while paying royalties to GM. Meanwhile on the Porsche/Ferrari forums, they have what 6 vendors?

Capitalism...I think the jealousy is the other way around...
No, Porsche was making so much money that they tried to buy VW with funny money with their bankers and got caught with their pants down when the market for these instruments imploded 5 yrs ago. They still make a lot of money selling cars and are still the most profitable car company brand or VW wouldn't have turned the table on them to buy them out. In the end, VW and Porsche are both controlled by the warring heirs of Ferdinand Porsche's two children, the Peich and Porsche clans, and in this case the Piech side triumphed over the Porsche side .

Last edited by usroute66 MKW; 01-19-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Is Europe going to laugh at us?