Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after looking at the GM brochure im PISSED

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Dang...just how fast or slathered in leather does it have to be....going to Starbucks?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sfc rick
Dang...just how fast or slathered in leather does it have to be....going to Starbucks?

very slathered

Been to a recent local very early Saturday AM "Cars and Coffee "-type event where guys show up with their 300K to million dollar exotics and classic American iron and talk shop ? Some say it is the ONLY place they drive their cars to anymore or feel safe , as so many jealous people are spitting on their cars , pouring coffee into their convertibles or sneering at them , compared to the past when they say people would admire and respect the cars and their owners and ask pose for pics of them sitting in car,etc . It's that " one percenter " thing, I think..

Last edited by usroute66 MKW; 01-14-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:08 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,985 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
I'm thrilled that the interior upgrades are optional, that means people like me who don't care about the interior don't have to pay extra for it if we chose not to.

As for Porsche vs. Corvette, if you really are a Corvette guy like you said, in a heartbead you'd rather buy the decked out Vette even if its the same price as the base 911.

Even if prices were equal I'd buy a Vette over a Porsche.
with your second & third paragraphs.

Plus comparing the base $80K 911 to the sub $60K base Corvette, the base Corvette has a better and higher quality interior from what we can see and much more technology. And The upper level trims compared should be the same.

Plus the C7 looks 10x better & sexier than the 911 and has much better overall perfomance.

Finally the C7 even in base form comes with much more features than the base 911.

In the C7 you get a car that has a better interior, looks better and better performance for $20K+ less. So I don't know WTH you are bitching about? Your discussion makes no sense, you want a $60K car that has the same level of equipment of a $100K car?

The Corvette is a BARGAIN and it's spoiled people like you!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

As others have stated a 911 runs into 6 figures fairly quickly.

Also the seats are really nice but the steering wheel and console design and layout of the 911s have never blown me away. Too austere and does not feel like a high performance car's cockpit.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

I checked out the new MB SL550 last week. Very nice car. Very nice. Gorgeous interior. Tastefully retro, fine leather, polished woods and metal, beautiful dash, the full nine yards. And it's pretty quick too, even in base form.

The price? Starts at $105K and easily options up to $130K. Gaak! And that's just the base SL550. The SL65 starts at $212K!!

This kind of quality and design is expensive and we appear to be getting a fair helping of it with the C7. I'd say it's looking pretty damn good starting at $55K. If the build quality is as good as it appears to be on the C7 I am impressed. I thought it would come in higher priced than that.

Last edited by BobRBob; 01-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
teghogh
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
with your second & third paragraphs.

Plus comparing the base $80K 911 to the sub $60K base Corvette, the base Corvette has a better and higher quality interior from what we can see and much more technology. And The upper level trims compared should be the same.

Plus the C7 looks 10x better & sexier than the 911 and has much better overall perfomance.

Finally the C7 even in base form comes with much more features than the base 911.

In the C7 you get a car that has a better interior, looks better and better performance for $20K+ less. So I don't know WTH you are bitching about? Your discussion makes no sense, you want a $60K car that has the same level of equipment of a $100K car?

The Corvette is a BARGAIN and it's spoiled people like you!

all I said was that state make such a big deal out of new Corvettes interior while everything that makes it look good is optional so comparing it to the status Corvette c6 base to baseit doesn't look any more refined
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
teghogh
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
Yes...because the Porsche has all that lovely interior fitment, high quality leather, overengineered construction, forged this and that factory, and a nameplate that demands the dollars.

Everyone want the Z06 to BE the Porsche for 60k...and guess what...you can't have it.

People have their heads in the clouds wanting TOP performance, TOP interior, hand finish clear coats with no orange peel, carbon everywhere...oh yeah, and make it cost half while the labor unions are sucking them dry...
Believe me when I say that this reveal date totally ruined my holidays. Ill I wanted was for this 2-3 weeks to pass so I can see my new car again. Waiting for this car was harder that waiting on your STD test results.
Having said the only thing id do to this car is figure out a way to cover the tear drop tattoo looking thing vattos get when they shoot some one. Im talking about that vent pointing at the end of each tail light . that’s all.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=c7+co...62,s:200,i:205
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

I think we should really take GM marketing's " world class " interior comments to mean , " as good as ( finally ) a similarly priced $60K European sport coupe " , which it does . One is dreaming to think a car at this MSRP will have the same interior fitments as a $100-200K vehicle, as there is a BIG difference between a C/E Class MBZ and an SL convertible or a Porsche Boxster and a Panamera , for example.

Last edited by usroute66 MKW; 01-15-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Ozzy12
Racer

Dude...I think you are misinterpreting what the option sheet says. Just like a 911 you have a nice interior at the base model. It is soft touch and "leather" like in feel, but it is not actually leather. That is where a full leather package on a 911 comes in or the 3LT here. It will still be soft touch interior and a lot less plastic, but it'll just be protein vinyl instead of actual leather. Even the base interior will be 100% nicer than what the base C6 is, in fact it will probably appear nicer than a 4LT just because it will have more soft touch surfaces, they just won't be made out of leather like the current 4LT dash topper is.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 287 Likes on 127 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You're PISSED? Really? It's just a car dude, not something to get pissed about. Just sayin'....

Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,985 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by usroute66 MKW
I think we should really take GM marketing's " world class " interior comments to mean , " as good as ( finally ) a similarly priced $60K European sport coupe " , which it does . One is dreaming to think a car at this MSRP will have the same interior fitments as a $100-200K vehicle, as there is a BIG difference between a C/E Class MBZ and an SL convertible or a Porsche Boxster and a Panamera , for example.
Wrong!! What's this fascination people have with German cars interior being so inferior? They're not! They have nothing at $60K that can match the quality and technology of the C7 interior. Stop believing the hype people. I was like some out there that had quality associated with German cars till I owned a few and finally realized they are not all that special. That said, they are stepping up their game in this dept. as so is the rest of the world.

If you want a nice interior in a European Sports car you have to go over $90K or so for anything German or over $70K for British.

In my opinion the Jaguar F-Type offers the best value right behind the C7.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

OP, just wondering but does it make a difference that you are 27 or 77? What does that have to do with performance, quality, or value of the C7?

Sorry to be a bit sensative about it but I am feeling a bias on this forum lately that is implied by some that younger means your opinion = more important etc. The thing I enjoyed about the CF was the positive attitude. Somehow this forum is beginning to seem like an Japanese import forum where everyone insults & slams each other. I am not stating you specifically said anything regarding this, it just seems to be a pattern I have seen lately.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM
You_Vette_Your_Ass
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teghogh
So i loved LOVED the interior yesterday. looked awesome. having to change all plastic parts on my c6 z06 to make it look respectable was costly and hard. so i was really looking forward to an upscale new interior with carbon fiber aluminum and leather stitching as promised and SHOWN on the show car.
but here is the catch:
the custom leather wrapped IP/doors/ consoles and carbon fiber interior come as AVAILABLE option and are not STANDARD on the new c7.
without these upgrades we are back to plastic ages of C6.
having to add all these AVAILABLE options to the car that are only available in the 2lt and 3lt models will more likely get the price to 65k ish. and thats 2013 porsche 911 territory.
i spent 75k on the z06 cuz it was a race car 3.5 sec 0-60 11.5 quarter-mile and 1.2 g in corners . if the new c7 would give me carrera performance ( 12.4 quarter mile as stated yesterday and 3.9 0-60) with carerra money ( i know its just the base carera but you still cant beat the quality and the handling of a porsche) , why wouldnt one just buy a carrera.
and dont start with me on if you want a porsche go buy a porsche. im 27 and ive owned c4, c5, c6 z51 and now c6 z06 and i loved them to death. im a corvette guy and i will always be a corvette guy atleast for as long as what im getting is 911 performance with 60 percent of 911 money. I LOve the carbon fiber and leather rapped consoles and the racing seats but they are all options adding 10k to the price. WTF
That is par for the course.

A 1LT GS goes for as low as $49K.

A 3 LT GS goes for about $60K.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
diablojota
Instructor

I'm sorry, but they could do better with the base interior. The Cadillac CTS coupe is priced in at around $38k and comes with the quality interior. For 63k you can get the CTS-V. The based Corvette will probably be around what, 53k? Should have been able to provide the 'better' interior across the line. In fact, they should in order to achieve any levels of economies of scale for the interior parts and all.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I see that to acquire magnetic select ride, have to purchase a lot of items that I wouldn't otherwise. I really don't need a dry sump oil system or larger stabilizer bars, better brakes are always a good, though. Probably cut the performance tuned exhaust and pick a color that doesn't cost extra. Standard wheel color is also a option. Every thing is a trade off.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
I'm thrilled that the interior upgrades are optional, that means people like me who don't care about the interior don't have to pay extra for it if we chose not to.

As for Porsche vs. Corvette, if you really are a Corvette guy like you said, in a heartbead you'd rather buy the decked out Vette even if its the same price as the base 911.

Even if prices were equal I'd buy a Vette over a Porsche.
I agree and I did!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Just a way for GM to make a bigger profit.

Ok by me though because it gave me the option to purchase the 1LT.

The driving experience is what is important for me not how much carbon fibre the interior has or if the car has Nav.

Get notified of new replies

To after looking at the GM brochure im PISSED

Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

An optional swanky interior is all fine and good, but Corvette will never get out of the "fast car but crap interior" ghetto if the base interior doesn't meet or exceed what you can get in any other $40K car. That's both materials and features, and that's every year, not just the first year.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by teghogh
So i loved LOVED the interior yesterday. looked ...$65K and thats 2013 porsche 911 territory.
WTF
LOL dude, you need to updatebyour pricing info there on the P-cars. $65 gets you a beginner Boxtser and that car does not exist in the us. By the time you have a decent S, you're well into the 70s. The nonexistent base 911 starts close to $80 and goes up up up from there.

Great value is not an issue with this car.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
MudZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by RC000E
Gimme an aggressive Z06 stripped to hell with nothing but two good seats and some carpet and a dash. NO audio, no removable roof, no badges, no nothing...65k bucks.

BUILD THE DRIVER CAR....NO CRAP INSIDE...no navi, no *****, no carbon...no nothin...make it function like an F22 cockpit...gimme what I need to get the job done as badass as possible on a road course. Gimme cloth seats for all I care...I want a badass...who cares about the interior....

If I were buying a Corvette for a daily, or to drive around as a retiree, yes, I'd want plush interior...so I'd buy that model...the plush interior, comfy ride, auto tranny, "hey look at me" car..

I'm a younger guy though, want a track terror, and if people don't like my crappy interior...they can get out...
that sounds good to me.

Quick Reply: after looking at the GM brochure im PISSED