Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default What?

Wow! Are you saying the C7 doesn't have round
OO OO taillights!?! Huh!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:01 AM
2SlowinTO
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What about the bumper, why is it black? Did they run out of paint!

I don't car what shape the lights are, as long as they fit....

Round square, who cares. Look at the Caddy CTS V, those are some really cool taillights. They designers should ask them for some tips on how to make them match the body.

The lower bumper being black looks very bad. Would like to see if anyone painted to match their car (and yes I know on black ones it does match)

The other thing that would be interesting to see, if all that black plastic stuff around the lights and bumpers were color matched as well.

The car live in person, from front and side is stunning. When I upgrade mine, I will back it in so I don't see the back of the car
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM
gtrtaylor
Cruising

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed something! If the C7 rear end treatment around the existing taillights (particularly the downward pointing black triangles) were the same color as the body, the rear end would not look so overdone!
Perhaps GM (or an aftermarket group) can provide the body color matching trim that would reduce the rear end 'foot print'.
Anyone's thoughts on this variant?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by gtrtaylor
I just noticed something! If the C7 rear end treatment around the existing taillights (particularly the downward pointing black triangles) were the same color as the body, the rear end would not look so overdone!
Perhaps GM (or an aftermarket group) can provide the body color matching trim that would reduce the rear end 'foot print'.
Anyone's thoughts on this variant?

S.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:25 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

I actually really like the C7 tail lights, of course the round tail lights where cool, but its time to move on eventually.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Some of you guys are very talented with Photoshop but terrible designers. GM got it right the way they are IMO.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:32 PM
formulaWA
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Default C8 to go back to round tailights?

The initial (brainstorming sessions) for the C8 are showing 4 round taillights in one of designs under consideration

Old 07-16-2014, 02:19 AM
bscot968
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems certifiable to me that there are some (few) that are taking such issue with the new C7's taillights. We have all heard people whine, "...the're not round"! If people can seriously look at the back of the new Vette and say that the taillights should be round, their taste's are being guided by an extreme lack their of. First of all, round or even oval lights do not fit with the sharp angles and edges of the overall design. If people(or GM) were to replace them with round lights reminiscent of the previous few generations, automotive designers, writers, and testers would be wondering what in the hell they were thinking. It would be like the (thankfully) few owners of the 1963 coupes cutting that intruding window splitter. Secondly, people seem to forget that much of the rear is functional, not just their as a design cue. The third point I'd like to make is that the new C7 has four very Corvette-like taillights. The overall design needed to be, and is, a very bold one. Bold, and yet unmistakably Corvette. This generation of our beloved Corvette is deserving of the moniker "Stingray", unlike any since the early C3. This newest of Corvettes had to be bold, groundbreaking, and yet unmistakably Corvette. It is all of these things, thankfully. That they are selling as fast as can be made is very telling. They got it very right.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Jimmy Neutron
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueOx
The new C6.78 replacement tail light kit!
Not bad!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Jimmy Neutron
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlueOx
The new C6.78 replacement tail light kit!
photo shop a black one of you can.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Jimmy Neutron
Instructor

Originally Posted by slief
You guys crack me up. If the tail lights looked like this, it would look almost exactly like the Camaro at night and would be most certainly confused with Camaro much more than the Current C7 design which looks nothing like the Camaro at night!!

And This design... Even worse at night! It could only look like one thing at night.. A Camaro!!! If you dont think so, see the photos below it.

Let me help you! Here is the Camaro in the dark.. It would look almost identical to the above render at night. So much for great ideas HUH???

Here is the C7. Note, there is no resemblance what so ever between the C7 and the Camaro.
Agreed!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Jimmy Neutron
Instructor

Originally Posted by SSRogers
NO!

Please GM do NOT do this.

sorry 01vetteC5, but I have never like this look on the Lamborghinis and certainly don't want it on the Corvette.
It's a cross between a mouth (Acura) and a dust pan. Not crazy 'bout it.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
mollygirl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyLee
I can see GM going in this direction if the current version doesn't sell. Also, I can imagine after-market kits popping up. Tail lights look great in this rendering, but bumper a little too C4 and dated. Thanks. Gives me hope.
Why is everyone still focused on the taillights? It's one thing on a new car that is loaded with improvements !! I know everyone hates change but it's time to let it go.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
LS6GXP
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bscot968
It seems certifiable to me that there are some (few) that are taking such issue with the new C7's taillights. We have all heard people whine, "...the're not round"! If people can seriously look at the back of the new Vette and say that the taillights should be round, their taste's are being guided by an extreme lack their of. First of all, round or even oval lights do not fit with the sharp angles and edges of the overall design. If people(or GM) were to replace them with round lights reminiscent of the previous few generations, automotive designers, writers, and testers would be wondering what in the hell they were thinking. It would be like the (thankfully) few owners of the 1963 coupes cutting that intruding window splitter. Secondly, people seem to forget that much of the rear is functional, not just their as a design cue. The third point I'd like to make is that the new C7 has four very Corvette-like taillights. The overall design needed to be, and is, a very bold one. Bold, and yet unmistakably Corvette. This generation of our beloved Corvette is deserving of the moniker "Stingray", unlike any since the early C3. This newest of Corvettes had to be bold, groundbreaking, and yet unmistakably Corvette. It is all of these things, thankfully. That they are selling as fast as can be made is very telling. They got it very right.
Perfect
Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

For crying out loud...GET OVER THE ROUND TAIL LIGHTS! What's next? - You want a crank starter on the front, or a pull-up hand brake on the outside of the door panel?

Or, maybe you all would like to return to the anemic 6 cylinder and 2-speed slush box that the original Corvette had. Get with the current century, embrace a bit of change, and revel in the fact that the C7 is a world-beater - in performance, engineering, AND styling.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
What's next? - You want a crank starter on the front, or a pull-up hand brake on the outside of the door panel?

Or, maybe you all would like to return to the anemic 6 cylinder and 2-speed slush box that the original Corvette had. .
Yes and please bring back the 8 track radio or this to replace the infotainment system. Who needs all those fancy gadgets anyway!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:51 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by bruiser
I wish they would look like this.
Wow!!..That looks awesome......
Old 07-16-2014, 07:11 PM
CQT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the design of the Vette has to move on I agree but GM screw up the rear end of the C7 IMO. Most of my friend who didn't even know much about vette said the rear end of the vette looks ugly and there is something not right about it and I have to agree with them.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:15 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,559 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by CQT
I know the design of the Vette has to move on I agree but GM screw up the rear end of the C7 IMO. Most of my friend who didn't even know much about vette said the rear end of the vette looks ugly and there is something not right about it and I have to agree with them.

You know, I know we all have a right to our opinion, but I'm sorry, just don't see "ugly"...

Quick Reply: Photoshop of round tail lights?