Sponsored by:

Sing A Song Of Sixpence....

Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sing A Song Of Sixpence....

A pocket Full Of Rye,
Four and Twenty Vipers Baked In This Pie.....

But, what in the name of all that's Holy are the other ingredients in this would be Nursery Ryhme for the Corvette Chillin' ?

The angles they showed on the 1/13/13 reveal site were probably just poor choices, just to be fair. I wasn't into obsessive internet lurking back during the C6 unveil... don't even know if they had a net unveil to be honest, but, I'm sure the first shocking angles of the exposed lights were somewhat off putting for some. I only remember the first tv commercials with Jumpin' Jack Flash playing and the two kids driving like idiots. But I fell in love right way with the C6. Headlights and all.
Understated, yet enbolden glory of the pinnacle of 6 gens of our favorite fantasy car since childhood. High tech with comfort and a body that just said "Hop in lad, hop in... and I'll show you what dreams are made of..."
So, maybe tonight's (ooops... already yesterday....) reveal images and angles are just a little "off". That front 3/4 angle shot they kept dwelling on really made the front look more like a BlowFish than a StingRay. And the rump roast in the rear (at that same angle, ) looked way high and almost like that of some other car that they welded on to the back of what could have been a tastefull design - even given the (possible) BlowFish front fascia.
What strikes me most, regardless of what the actual car looks like proportionately at the dealer lot when they come, is the incredible spot on hit that Jalopnik had right from square one!!! You can not deny that fact. It looks no more and no less than what the J renderrings were showing. So for those who said "No Way Will GM Go That Over-The-Top" or "Let's Just Wait Until We See The Real Car and Not A Drawing" ...... well...... y'all just have to eat some Crow. Or some BlackBird - which is what is supposed to be baked into the introductory rhyme of my post...... A Viper Grab Handle? They couldn't have been a little less copy-cat for a mega mega transition model one year after Chrysler unveiled their supercar? Really ???
I think the bigger problem is that we had three guys on stage wearing suits and adjusting their little pocket flaps on the coats a tad too much.
And the Jimmy Page/Slash/Whoever Rock God Guitarist for the intro? Please..... so Eighties..... say , 80's..... isn't that when Vette last had a "driver focused" dash/cluster/wraparound like shown in the reveal?
In closing, I believe I heard Sarah Palin comment something about "What's the difference between a Corvette and a Pitt Bull? - Camaro Tail Lights..." (que up Rim Shot and bring on Henny Youngman..... "Take My New Corvette C7 - Please!" )
:rof l::l ol:
Now sing along gang, let's not be remorseful:
He was once a little gray slab of clay
C Seven !
You should see what sculpters just showed today
C Seven !
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Default who's on drugs?

Is everybody on sleeping pills? This poetry is brilliant!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Default wow...

posts are on fire here!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Purvis
Pro

Proof that the C7 and its confusing headlights are driving some people insane.

Just kiddn' "roundlight lover"
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 AM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by Purvis
Proof that the C7 and its confusing headlights are driving some people insane.

Just kiddn' "roundlight lover"
Thank You. Someone who appreciates High Art.

Get notified of new replies

To Sing A Song Of Sixpence....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sing A Song Of Sixpence....