Sponsored by:

High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,985 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
interior kills? it looks as cheap as it always did.I just happened to be in a new boxster yesterday and i said to my self boy if the new vette looks like this...... wishfull thinking.
Not to be rude but you could not be more wrong. I just rented a Cayman and that interior is pathetic and cheap!!!

This interior looks very high in quality and technology. It's like a more advanced Audi R8 interior. Well done GM!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thenorthwoods
Dis no one notice the Dunlop Direzza tires? I thought they were going to Michelin!

I'm going to guess that the Dunlops will be standard on the base optioned car which I believe is what the silver one is supposed to represent. The Michelin will probably be what comes with the z51 optioned cars which looks to be the red one shown.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by yellerz51

red line 8200 RPMs

I love the look. I hope its not cheap plastic around the rear tail lights.

tough choice for me 2009 ZR1 or a new C7. Price will be the same
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 AM
rmendoza
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Admiral Ballsy
Electric parking brake. I guess it's "what all the kids are doing these days".
One more gadget to go wrong......dead battery
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Surf Island
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks hot and new while maintaining the Corvette look. The cockpit looks high tech and sexy. I think everyone was not to happy about the camaro like rear, but that would be my only major complaint.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Retro78
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hmmm. not sure about this one. I am trying to like it. Some elements of the design are great, but not all. I suspect we are dealing with one of those love/hate designs. Half the people will love it with the other half disappointed. As for me, I am on the fence and not sure which camp I am in. Hoping the build fit and finish is good.

Last edited by Retro78; 01-14-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
I'm going to guess that the Dunlops will be standard on the base optioned car which I believe is what the silver one is supposed to represent. The Michelin will probably be what comes with the z51 optioned cars which looks to be the red one shown.
Preliminary info shows Michelin Super Sport runflats, 18/19 for the base Stingray, 19/20 for the Z51 option. Both these cars are Z51 with the forged 19/20 wheels. The base Stingray has 18/19 cast 5 spoke wheels. The Pirellis were likely installed on this car due to limited availability of the Corvette-specific Michelins.

Last edited by ZL-1; 01-14-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

I will have one in 3-4 years. Just need to get my finances straightened out.

A cyber Grey would look awesome next to my Pewter FRC.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 AM
rmendoza
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmendoza
One more gadget to go wrong......dead battery
I'll wait 3 yrs for my birthday and the bugs to be worked out; body panels to be corrected; and if I'm lucky, the rear lights to be a limited year production and the corvette lights to reappear not to mention any recalls.

In the mean time I put 5 twenties in a coffee can to start and will not turn down any reasonable offers on my '98 C5 Torch Red roadster with 67,000 miles on it (nice one) and my 2012 Torch Red Grand Sport roadster (beautiful) between now and then.

God Bless all
rick.

Last edited by rmendoza; 01-14-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Along with some of the gaps between the body panels i saw a couple interior places that may need to be fixed.

Some of the red leather looks to be peeling away.

And some of the parts on top of the dash seem to fit awkward.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 AM
ilkhan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 27, right in the supposed target market for the new blood they want.
I see 3 issues on an otherwise damn good looking car.
The hood vent is hideous.
The stingray logos by the front vents need to come off, stick some flags on there.
That rear spoiler is a deal breaker. The design, not the fit/quality. Better be an option.

I'm disappointed the mag ride control seems to require the Z51 package (according to the broken flash site). The rear hatch seems to be ackward, but I'll give that a pass until I see it in person. The lights are close enough, again until I see it in person.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 AM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW, that car looks incredible!!!!!

Thanks for the high res shots they really made it look better from what I originally saw in the debut video. Love it!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 AM
o2baZR1
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

yeh, these shots are great.

about the streaming reveal: there was so much there, i was overwhelmed. some of it i instantly liked but overall, i feel like in the first 15 minutes of the reveal i got attention deficit disorder. and that red color seemed to make it all even more dizzying.

overall i don't know if i like it or not. i can't seem to focus on any one thing long enough to decide without my eye instantly being pulled to something else. but that's just the aesthetics. the performance is really the most important thing. my sense is that i'll probably come to like it but right now i don't know what else to say.

Last edited by o2baZR1; 01-14-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Man, from the side it looks like the car is missing a front bumper or has been chopped off.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by o2baZR1
yeh, these shots are great.

about the streaming reveal: there was so much there, i was overwhelmed. some of it i instantly liked but overall, i feel like in the first 15 minutes of the reveal i got attention deficit disorder. and that red color seemed to make it all even more dizzying.

overall i don't know if i like it or not. i can't seem to focus on any one thing long enough to decide without my eye instantly being pulled to something else. .
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ilkhan
I'm 27, right in the supposed target market for the new blood they want.
I see 3 issues on an otherwise damn good looking car.
The hood vent is hideous.
The stingray logos by the front vents need to come off, stick some flags on there.
That rear spoiler is a deal breaker. The design, not the fit/quality. Better be an option.

I'm disappointed the mag ride control seems to require the Z51 package (according to the broken flash site). The rear hatch seems to be ackward, but I'll give that a pass until I see it in person. The lights are close enough, again until I see it in person.
I thought the trashy flash was appealing to the young dudes . I guess GM got that wrong. I know they got the auto transmission wrong.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,841 Likes on 1,157 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I assume it has an electrically activated E-brake?
Yes, it's a small lift-button similar to the window control on our cars, and it's located right behind the shifter, next to the control ****. It electronically actuates the hydraulics on all 4 calipers, bringing the car to an emergency stop... Right. Now!

One of the advantages of the system: the rear rotor no longer needs to be engineered with a hub in it for the parking brake.

GM brought this system to light in current CTS-Vs, and it works almost violently. My CTS-V designer buddy told me to try it out carefully on an open road with no traffic around, so I could experience what the system could do. He was right: the car decelerated quite abruptly when I lifted the lever.

It works.

jas

Get notified of new replies

To High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment

Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 AM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Really impressive. I think they did a great job inside and out. I am going to miss making fun of the seats.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
If I'm not mistaken, the Dunlops are (or were...) on the gray car that "Automobile" and "Motor Trend" photographed last year (November/December time frame) at GM's studio. One can only guess why they were on the car, but my guess is they were just testing materials at the time, and had no intentions of ever releasing the car with them on it.

All of the material GM's released so far indicate the Michelin Super Sports are the tire of choice for the car.

jas
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by S'vette
I think its only going to be 2 in the stable but not sure.
I'm guessing you're right: 2 cars. I don't expect to see a ZR1 in the C7 line-up mainly due to fuel economy problems.

The success of the Corvette means sales volumes that eclipse most other hot-rod sports and GT cars. With those sales volumes comes the unfortunate ugly specter of fuel economy requirements. It means that mega-HP Corvettes are going to be harder and harder for GM to do as the US CAFE numbers keep going up and up. Team Corvette just doesn't have the leeway as, say, Viper does.

My prediction (which is worth no more than anyone else's) is: we'll see the base coupe/vert, and then a single up-rated version with a supercharged mill. Whether they call it the Z06, ZR1, or something else entirely is still up in the air.

jas

Quick Reply: High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment