Sponsored by:

High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Thank you for the pics.

Very sad to see this. Looks like some untrained high school kids were asked to design the new vette.

Took a bunch of styling cues from many other cars, stuck them together and said there is your new vette.

The back end is about as bad as it gets. If I wanted a Camaro I'd buy one. The rest looks like a parts bin from other car makers were just glued together.

Also, I would need to get some fsih line to remove that dumb badge on the side! Doesn't even look like it belongs there. Besides a horrible design.

Haven't even gotten into the drive train. Will need to see how it performs in about a year. From what I've read so far, it might even be worse with fuel management. On a Vette?

Thankfully, now I'm able to make up my mind. Buy a 2013 427 vert.

The new one doesn't even resemble the heritage of Corvette. Very sad ending.

The only thing that looks like it might be better are the seats. Time will tell.

I did expect changes. Hopefully for the better. Not!

Now I can wait for the C8.

Last edited by speedlink; 01-14-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DON-Z06

i'm an owner of a c4 1995 and to me the interior of c7 is an upgraded C4 corvette interior , there is nothing new or special about it !! please take a good look at the picture i attached its almost i identical in terms of shape , lines ...etc .
I was an owner of a C4 as well. IMO, while the shape is similar to the dash in the C4 the design and material are worlds better. Plus leg room and ability to get in and out of the car easier. The one thing they should really take and majorly upgrade from the C4 was the bolstering in the seats. While the seats where flimsy and not great looking they were the best corvette has had in terms of keeping me in place while driving hard.

I think the car came out really good with the exception of the fit & finish gaps that will hopefully be addressed prior to release and the most disappointing part is the rear which I hope will grow on me. Other than that it is a great entry level vette. I can't wait for the more beefy variant ie Z06/ZR1 or whatever they want to call is. Maybe it will be called the fast back. LOL!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
Thank you for the pics.

Very sad to see this. Looks like some untrained high school kids were asked to design the new vette.
Took a bunch of styling cues from many other cars, stuck them together and said there is your new vette.

I felt the same way when I saw it. Looked to me like one guy designed the front half and another the back half.

It appeared they were given a list of features that should be on the car and they stuck them on even if they didn't really fit. Kind of like trying to use all the features that came in your "Mister Potato Head" kit on one potato.

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/mrpotatohead/

I guess when Obama was doing all the firing of the top brass at GM he should have also included the design team execs because the poor vehicle design over recent years at GM also was a big factor in GM's demise.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM
mikymu
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Red C7 look stunning but that was 12 hours ago. After a good night sleep and reflecting on the new C7 suddenly it does not feel "special". This is not a good sign. It means the new design is not timeless and all the sharp straight line are just that - sharp line. The gray C7 below now look like a Hertz rental and the interior is just a rework of the C4 interior. It's still a very good looking car but the beauty will last longer if sharp line are smooth out a bit.

Last edited by mikymu; 01-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys that are saying the C7 interior is nothing more than a "reworked C4 interior" are absolutely riduculous. The absolute ONLY similarity is that there is a similar shape around the driver. Absolutely NOTHING more. The C4 interior shouldnt even be talked about in this thread they are not even on the same planet. Then ofcourse if GM designed something sooo radical and different with no similarities to previous vettes you guys would be bitching about that too. I like that they took styling cues from other generations and applied them to this car. At certain angles I see the slim and rounded styling of the Stingray Corvette, similar fighter jet cockpit feel of the C4 interior, and menacing basic exterior shape of the C6. I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by c54u

Check out the spot where the top of the rear bumper meets the quarter panel......ouch.

Didn't the presentation say they addressed the quality?
I know a friend who worked for Mercedes Benz as a body man and he was telling me how the tolerances for body panel gaps are much stricter for European cars than domestic. This, sadly, kind of proves it...
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Yeah, Jalopniks already got pictures of it!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
zcarbon
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks For all the pic's fella's, Good job,
Answered many questions.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
red line 8200 RPMs

I love the look. I hope its not cheap plastic around the rear tail lights.

tough choice for me 2009 ZR1 or a new C7. Price will be the same
^^ You do realize that tach is from the Aventador, correct?
This engine will no way in hell rev that high (OHV)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
^^ You do realize that tach is from the Aventador, correct?
This engine will no way in hell rev that high (OHV)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Not to be rude but you could not be more wrong. I just rented a Cayman and that interior is pathetic and cheap!!!

This interior looks very high in quality and technology. It's like a more advanced Audi R8 interior. Well done GM!
i said BOXSTER not CAYMAN or can't you read. and it still doesn't change my mind that the C7 interior still looks CHEAP and thats my opinion.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
You guys that are saying the C7 interior is nothing more than a "reworked C4 interior" are absolutely riduculous. The absolute ONLY similarity is that there is a similar shape around the driver. Absolutely NOTHING more. The C4 interior shouldnt even be talked about in this thread they are not even on the same planet. Then ofcourse if GM designed something sooo radical and different with no similarities to previous vettes you guys would be bitching about that too. I like that they took styling cues from other generations and applied them to this car. At certain angles I see the slim and rounded styling of the Stingray Corvette, similar fighter jet cockpit feel of the C4 interior, and menacing basic exterior shape of the C6. I LOVE IT!!!!!
Calling it a reworked C4 interior isn't a bad thing, IMHO. The LT1 C4 interior, aside from the rattles, was far better than anything in a Corvette since. My C5 is wider, roomier, and more comfortable... but a step backwards for driver engagement and style.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Mark S.
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, it's a bit too gaudy for me...looks like the Pontiac Trans Am is back...the design is way too busy (definitely not sleek looking)...I can live with the front half...but that rear is really outlandish...somebody in the design department went crazy!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
i said BOXSTER not CAYMAN or can't you read. and it still doesn't change my mind that the C7 interior still looks CHEAP and thats my opinion.
Boxster and Cayman are practically the same car. Even a base 911 doesn't have as good as an interior as the C7 judging by the C7 pics.

Perhaps go spend some unbiased time in the Porsche's and you will see what I am talking about.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroToSixty
I am quite excited that a company that was in bankruptcy a short time ago can offer a real step up from past Corvettes and its rivals in many ways.

I think it should also be pointed out that many of the naysayers of the new design are individuals that own slower cars or don't have the means to purchase a new Corvette. I am in the second category, but on the whole, I really like the car.

We are very lucky to live in a country where such a variety of vehicles are available for sale at reasonable prices (not to mention the low gas prices). Think about what you can buy new for

30k or so (V8 Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, great handling BRZs, great bang for the buck 370zs and Genesis Coupe).
40k or so (HiPo versions of V8 Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers, base Porsche Boxsters)
50k or so (Top line HiPo versions of the Camaro and Mustang, Porsches mid model Boxster)
60k or so (the new C7 Corvette)
70k to 90k or so (Cadillac CTS-V, GTR, Viper and most of the Porsches)
90k and above..........I don't care, I like having a place to live.

The new C7 Corvette will be able to closely match or out perform every car in its class,.......... at virtually any price point (that includes all the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Lexus LFAs, Porsches, or AMG Mercedes) for about 60k.

That is an engineering triumph in anyone's book.

As far as the styling, it is quite nice in many aspects and the interior is now competitive and far superior to anything in a Corvette ever (but GM makes nicer interiors......look at a G8 or CTS-V)...........I am not in love with some of the detailing and the rear end (which has pointed out ad nauseam).......these are all minor points that can be remedied in the aftermarket.

You can replace much of the detailing with CNC pieces of your own design......and how fast do you think there will be a LED tail light kit that fits in the stock shape and features 4 round lights ?

It would seem that GM may have styled the car's hind quarter a bit to close to the Camaro (a view that most of its competition will become very familiar with).........but on the whole this is a very sweet ride, that looks and performs well and should sell in numbers that will keep the Kentucky plant humming in profitability.
so I'm gonna point out that your price range is off:
entry level boxter is 50, the boxter S is 60 ish, the 991 911 entry level 96 and the viper 120...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Boxster and Cayman are practically the same car. Even a base 911 doesn't have as good as an interior as the C7 judging by the C7 pics.

Perhaps go spend some unbiased time in the Porsche's and you will see what I am talking about.
I'm not a big Porsche fan and never have owned one but the new latest 2013 Boxster interior is very classy, they have really stepped up their interior and the quality is extremely high from the one I saw. I found it to be way nicer than my C6 convert which sold for about the same price point when new.

2013 Porsche Boxster S interior pics from car and driver:

Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Crunk
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skol
great pics, but the car itself makes me cry a little. i'm a younger corvette owner/lover at the ripe old age of 26. to me, they ruined the corvette. i'd probably love this as a different car, but as a corvette it makes me so thankful that i ordered my grand sport c6 two months ago.
Your brain is shielding you from the truth .

Get notified of new replies

To High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
so I'm gonna point out that your price range is off:
entry level boxter is 50, the boxter S is 60 ish, the 991 911 entry level 96 and the viper 120...
Whether you get the boxster or the S you still get the same console the same ***** alot of the same stuff and that STUFF is way better than the C7 console, ***** etc, ..... the whole boxster interior looks much richer than the c7 regardless of whether its a S or not. Hey look i was rooting for a great interior like everyone else as i have a deposit on a C7 also. but now im rethinking my situation as i have no problem keeping my '12 coupe. The C7 interior still looks cheap to me.

Last edited by red2012; 01-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So young 30's guy here.

Front is fine, nothing horrible really. Could be better..
Headlights nice, a bit too much like the viper.
Why does the body color stop like that on the roof?
Paint the front pillars!

Back half is not bad, I like it...
4 exhausts was always stupid, I hate that even on my corvette

Interior: Audi/C4 design rip off not bad though, but I think they're usually okay on design. Except that steering wheel.
Materials: typical crappy GM interior materials.
They'll NEVER GET IT. Seat is slightly better, they tried a little I guess.

Proportion wise I think it looks good, Corvette's always seemed too long.

Last edited by dagon138; 01-14-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
CitationZ06@yahoo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has any body found the gas cap? or does this thing run on the crushed dreams and opinions of people that just bought a Porsche?

I love it but holding out for the LT5 in 2016!

Quick Reply: High Res Pics of C7 Exterior Interior & Engine Compartment