C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your current opinion?
Badass, wicked, SICK!
45.16%
Like it overall, but I have a couple reservations
34.72%
Completely undecided
7.00%
I dislike more about it than I currently like
13.11%
Voters: 671. You may not vote on this poll

39 years old and under enter...what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
randommj
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only reservations were the uses of the words "badass" "wicked" and "sick" thats why I didn't chose it...

Miles
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
corvette77
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

35 here, and voted "Like it overall, but I have a couple reservations".

I really like the front, and sides, but will have to see the rear in person before being all-in. For me, I don't mind the looks of the lights, just wish they would light up on all 4 sides, instead of the bottom and sides. To me, this is what makes it look like the Camaro.

Also, I think the rear is too busy with all the lines. To me, all of the previous generations were pretty plain on the rear, which is ok too.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
28 here and have owned my C6 since I was 22.

I was hoping it would get me as excited as I was from the C5 to the C6. I hated the C5 and instantly wanted a C6 when it debuted.

The C7 rear-end seems odd. I don't care at all about round or square tail lights...the rear just seems like it's missing something or has too much of something...can't quite put my finger on it. Love it from a head-on view.

The interior looks like it will be dated quickly. I was expecting to see something that appeared to be higher tech, which this does not. The sport seats get me excited though, so I can't complain about that, nor should anyone else be able to

I'll be checking one out in person when I can to make my decision, but right now I'm not too excited and will be looking at some other cars, although I really don't know what right now. I was banking on falling in love with the C7. The Houston Auto Show is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm sure they'll have a C7, so I'll be going there to get a hands-on look at it and make final judgement.
Honestly I was hoping to be excited about this car seeing the pictures like I was seeing the pictures of the newest gen Viper. I think that could have something to do with my disappointment. The Viper seemed to nail it in every aspect interior and exterior and I was counting on Chevy to do the same.

Anyway...put me down for completely undecided right now. In person will tell the tale.
sure hope you are right about the Houston Auto Show having a C7 -- but the show usually disappoints
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Drew1Down
Instructor

30, reading thru the posts it looks like people just want it to say they have it. Its missing that corvette feel, C6 vettes was a big change removing the pop-up headlights now the C7 is changing the rear-end. Soon it will be a euro-clone, then more people can post up "i had a C5, C6, C7 and C8 grand sport-stingray-ZO6-ZR1-SS-GT-GTO
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Tha_Q
2nd Gear

31 here, got my 1st ('06 Z06) when I was 26. It took a bit for the headlights of the C6 to grow on me, but they have and I love the C6 now. I feel most of my reservations for the C7 at the taillights, but I think I'll come around. I like the interior of the C7. I LOVE the seats of the C7.
One more thing, I wish they had saved the Stingray name for something better than the base. Maybe drop the Z06 and replace with Stingray? Oh well.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess im getting old(37). Im the few that don't like it. I guess i will wait how the Z06/ZR1 looks like.

The interior looks like a C4 and the rear like a camaro
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by paul310
I can see how gm is targeting the younger buyers. The black wheels and race inspired seats prove this. However, I'm 14 and overall, the car doesn't impress me at all. The design is too complicated, and doesn't recall enough corvette history. The exterior seems too much like their trying to reinvent the corvette. Maybe its because i like classic corvettes, but I think there needs to be a better balance of history and cutting edge tech in the car. In 10 years when i'm hopefully able to buy a vette, this won't be it.
Please...with all due respect, there is no 14 year old who writes like this. If there is, and you are it, then we really do have nothing to worry about America's education process.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 PM
excessive81
Safety Car

36 and I love it. This is the base model and it is great. It looks edgy and I love the lights. Everyone freaked out over the c6 headlights and now everyone loves them and the same will come of the tail. Pictures never do a car justice so we are headed to Michigan next Sunday to check it out in person. I def see a twin turbo z version of this car parked by my c6
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

32 and WANT! Lime Rock Green, black accents, that new brown interior and black wheels please!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Kevin93
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMvette7
I think if you think it looks ANYTHING like a camaro, you should give up on cars...seriously.
Except insofar as the current Camaro was accused of taking the Corvette taillights a few short years ago, I think this whole Camaro comparison is WAY overblown. So far we've heard ripoff of Viper, Camaro, GT-R, Ferrari, Aston, Delorean, and BRZ. Covering those ends of the spectrum all I can think is... seriously?

For f's sake, I swear people will make accusations of copying others until the thing is jet-powered and has five $*(&# wheels, one headlight, and taillights that worked on sound instead of light.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
cpmatthew
Racer

I'm 35 and I love it.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Skafte
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
32 and WANT! Lime Rock Green, black accents, that new brown interior and black wheels please!
Yes, Lime Rock Green looks awesome on the car! Do want!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Axial
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin93
Except insofar as the current Camaro was accused of taking the Corvette taillights a few short years ago, I think this whole Camaro comparison is WAY overblown. So far we've heard ripoff of Viper, Camaro, GT-R, Ferrari, Aston, Delorean, and BRZ. Covering those ends of the spectrum all I can think is... seriously?

For f's sake, I swear people will make accusations of copying others until the thing is jet-powered and has five $*(&# wheels, one headlight, and taillights that worked on sound instead of light.
Interestingly enough, jet-powered might actually be an excellent idea for C8.

[/broken record and gas-turbine fan]
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 PM
ZYUL8r
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im 33 and totally impressed at the LFA style instrumentation, 5 modes for the suspension, the rev matching 7 speed manual, the interior is my favorite, I like the new exotic styling, its a totally new vette! Now i've owned sports cars since i got my license, 240z,350z,370z, S2k, miatas, EVO, and a C5 Z06, and my current 12' C6...I WILL buy one of these after the dealer markups have subsided!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 PM
samotlietuvis
Instructor

Pushing 32 years; owned my 08 for the last 3 years. Been driving her ~20k miles a year on average. Not sure about the complexity cylinder deactivation adds to the motor versus mpg improvement. Not feeling the butt. Would love to experience Magnetic Selective Ride Control, and cannot wait for a nicely integrated GPS / audio system so I don’t need to install one myself. Too much information is left out about the C7 at this time, so I vote “Like it overall, but I have a couple reservations”.

Maybe all I need to see one in yellow with black rims first
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Axial
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

37 here and just hope the car does the spec department well. The 450 estimated HP and 3300-3350 estimated curb weight are not doing it for me. I can handle most of the car but still need some warming up to that rear.....

Get notified of new replies

To 39 years old and under enter...what do you think?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
You always had a thing for green
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

32, worshipped the 'Vette since I was about 10 years old. Loved everything up until the C5-- thought the aesthetics were awful. C6 really got me drooling, and this new car has me wanting to take out a home equity line of credit so I can ****** one up.

Looks NOTHING like a Viper. Certainly has NOTHING in common with a Camaro, and those that think so are the old sticks in the mud who hate change for any reason whatsoever. Most of them probably whined about the fixed headlights on the C6 and bought one anyway. I sense envy.

That said, it certainly doesn't have much at all in common with its prior generation like the 'Vettes of old-- and I'm fine with that. Personally, I think doing away with the "is my butt too big?" rear end is the start of something great-- I'm a fan of the rear.

I also question whether the demographic they were targeting are younger, or those who buy cars simply for exotic looks? Certainly the $60k starting price isn't aimed at many of us 20-30somethings who haven't commanded the large salary yet. My guess is they are trying to take a chunk out of those looking at an Italian or German.

Last edited by ProfessorDeath; 01-14-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
C5Rme
Instructor

I think I'm in shock... because I loved it yesterday, but now that I've been starring at it for a while, I'm starting to really question how I feel about it... the back end of the body seems to rise into eternity. The front grill area looks like a F'n Chrysler?!?!!? WTF?!... I'm really hoping it will look much better in person!!!!

I must ask one thing: WHAT MENTAL GIANT AT CHEVY DECIDED TO RUIN THE BACK END WITH THE LAME *** CAMERO LIGHTS?!?!

They should have just re-released the C6 Z06... best damn design they ever put out. At least the Corvette I DO want won't be as expensive when all the old guys go buy these new ones! hahaha

Last edited by C5Rme; 01-14-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: 39 years old and under enter...what do you think?