Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

several serious reasons the C7 is inadequate

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I won't be selling my ZR1 any time soon.
Amen to that!

You do realize that the 662hp Mustang GT500 is a $20k car with a $30k engine, right?
And you think the Vette is any different? Ok,maybe a 30,000 dollar car with a 30-40 grand engine..
Old 02-10-2013, 03:39 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
Cars with those performance numbers are all 6 figure cars. Your post is totally unrealistic.
2013 Mustang GT500 fullfills all of the performance expectations (except for weight), at 53000 MSRP, go figure
Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Probably not, but I get tried of hearing those that believe only they are entitled to discus(good0) the C7 because they "can afford one and plan to buy one", and any one that discusses the C7(bad) should get out of the C7 section. Well, it works both ways.

Hope he does purchase a new C7 as GM will need the sales......bad. But, those of us that have purchased new Corvettes in the past, are the reason there is a Corvette for him to purchase later this year.
I have nothing to prove, the c7 Stingray will prove itself as all Corvettes before it have.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acannell
1- the jump from C5 to C6 was a 50 hp increase!! the C6 to C7 is 14? isnt that a K&N filter on the LS3? they say the torque is like the LS7 at low rpms..will have to see how relevant that is.

2- the base C6 was as fast as the previous Z06!! The C7 will weigh more than the C6 Z06 and have 50 hp less power....is that supposed to be exciting? Im not saying the base C7 should be a C6 ZR1..but its been 8 years!!! The C7 should be breaking the C6's records in a big way!

3- when the C6 came out with 400hp, it had *100HP* more than the brand new mustang...the C7 with 450HP isnt doing anything special..thats just average now for sports cars

4- this car needs to be in the solid mid 11's with a mid to low 3 second 0-60 to be exciting, especially at $59 grand.

5- this car has no links to the stingray..calling it that is ridiculous...it doesnt have the curves and it doesnt have the mystery

Heres what the C7 SHOULD have been:

200 lbs lighter..figure it out GM
better seats and a somewhat nicer interior
535 hp
11.4 quarter mile, 3.4s 0-60
LED headlights (not LED DRL's)
NOT a camaro rear end

$55000 base model with those specs
the car is stunning and we love that the stingray is back.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

lol looks like i hit a nerve..im an 09 C6 owner and I would LOVE to have the C7 eating away at my brain and forcing me to buy one...but this reveal is nowhere near the experience of the first time I ran into the C6 (visually or spec wise)...

maybe i will be proven wrong with the road tests come out..i hope so..
you will be.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Well, tell us about the Corvette you currently own. What makes you so special that you are entitled to make posts in the C7 section, as you don't own a C7 either.

I currently own a C1, C2 and a C6 so I have reasons to belong to this forum. If you don't currently own a Corvette, of any generation, why are you here? Since I don't own a C7, I'm not allowed to participate in the C7 section, but you are? LOL

If you feel you are entitled to belong to the Corvette Forum, particularly the C7 section, yet don't own a Corvette, then why are you saying others aren't?
I don't own a c1 but I wonder how well I'd be received if I were more like yourself and decided to head that way and trash talk the car as much as I could on a daily basis?
You're asking me if I own a Vette and somehow because you own more Corvettes than I do you have more of a right, or entitled to an opinion I simply stated that nobody here owns a C7 Stingray so we are all equally entitled to an opinion here,
However I fail to see why if you have no intent on ever owning a c7 why you just won't go enjoy what you have and let us be?

And that's the last of the troll feeding I'll do today!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Aozora
I don't own a c1 but I wonder how well I'd be received if I were more like yourself and decided to head that way and trash talk the car as much as I could on a daily basis?
You're asking me if I own a Vette and somehow because you own more Corvettes than I do you have more of a right, or entitled to an opinion I simply stated that nobody here owns a C7 Stingray so we are all equally entitled to an opinion here,
However I fail to see why if you have no intent on ever owning a c7 why you just won't go enjoy what you have and let us be?

If you never owned a corvette, especially the progression that supposedly happened from C5 to C6 and now to C7, how will you be able to figure out if corvette has been improved like GM says it has been? Like it or not, the main pool of new vette buyers would be among the current owners, this is why GM offers owner loyalty incentives among other things. If you have no experience with corvettes, you should listen to current owners and their comments instead of being hostile toward them. Without them, you would not have opportunity to buy C7, too bad you fail to comprehend this part.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Volvo? Damn that is cold...
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Aozora

Do you own a Corvette of any generation? Have you ever owned a Corvette? At least I have a first hand ownership history of what makes a Corvette good and/or bad.

Again, what makes you feel that you are so special that you can post on the Corvette forum and I can't? I have just as much right to criticize the C7 as you have to praise it.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,125 Likes on 728 Posts

I will only say regarding the OPs original post: the LS1 hasn't been tested and certified for the final numbers yet. May very well be North of the 450/450 target released by GM so far. The criticism of GM is completely off the mark at this moment.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
I will only say regarding the OPs original post: the LS1 hasn't been tested and certified for the final numbers yet. May very well be North of the 450/450 target released by GM so far. The criticism of GM is completely off the mark at this moment.
Everybody is going to jump all over your butt for saying LS1... But the guys who are not smart asses know what you meant.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GOLD72
Well, then maybe GM should not be releasing any numbers at all until at least they can sort out the car's weight which apparently seems to be going up at least partially due to vibration issues with LT1 running on all four cylinders?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Gmumd48
Racer

Default See how you can improve yourself !!!

If you can build a better car do it !

If not see what happens first,

1- the jump from C5 to C6 was a 50 hp increase!! the C6 to C7 is 14? isnt that a K&N filter on the LS3? they say the torque is like the LS7 at low rpms..will have to see how relevant that is.

2- the base C6 was as fast as the previous Z06!! The C7 will weigh more than the C6 Z06 and have 50 hp less power....is that supposed to be exciting? Im not saying the base C7 should be a C6 ZR1..but its been 8 years!!! The C7 should be breaking the C6's records in a big way!

3- when the C6 came out with 400hp, it had *100HP* more than the brand new mustang...the C7 with 450HP isnt doing anything special..thats just average now for sports cars

4- this car needs to be in the solid mid 11's with a mid to low 3 second 0-60 to be exciting, especially at $59 grand.

5- this car has no links to the stingray..calling it that is ridiculous...it doesnt have the curves and it doesnt have the mystery

better seats and a somewhat nicer interior
535 hp
11.4 quarter mile, 3.4s 0-60
LED headlights (not LED DRL's)
NOT a camaro rear end

$55000 base model with those specs
Old 02-10-2013, 04:21 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

I beg to differ. The C7 will be anything but inadequate. It will have a completely new upscale interior that many people want. It will have a more modern infotainment system. From the interviews we have all read, it supposedly will have improved ride & handling. As to power, we've kinda reached a point where quantum leaps in that area just are somewhat topped out, at various price points. For a street car, the stock C6 is fast, Z06 very fast & the ZR1 a rocketship. What you seem to expect out of a base car in the C7, is C6 ZR1 performance. Good luck. Every time BMW & Porsche increase the power even a relatively small amount, we all know they charge you up the wazoo a ton of money. When it comes to our corvettes, we get a tremendous bang for the buck in any of the models.
If one wants more, you can get a Z06/ZR1, but you gotta pay for it & they are still a fabulous bargain.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
CitationZ06@yahoo
Racer

I am glad the GT500, CTSV, ZL1 are putting down some great numbers at the track. They all have a nice supercharger helping them move. OK let post the Keeks CAD with the supercharger on top of the LT1 in the C7. Just hold your breath things are going to be very fun for the few of us that hold out.

I LOVE YOU HATE THE REAR....so when I race you, you get to look at it!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Hmmm!

E85 add 40hp!

There are design constrants, but, E85 add 40hp, but, base test it with E10 as is the standard NOW!

The direct upward competition has 400hp,325lb tq, but, add 40hp and don't pull any timing around the track in the summer!

The direct competition Porsche 911S cost 123k+ and will probably not be able to beat this thing road racing, especially with E85.

No mystery? Will it be good enough to be The Best Drivers Car and how will the souped up model do with all the gas gusler constraints ETC ETC.

It would have less traction, would need bigger tires, would have more drag with wider fenders, and would cost more as would the bigger tires.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 02-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:29 PM
MikeMaj82
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ok ok so it doesn't have current-gen camaro taillights. It has what would look to be next-gen camaro taillights..

Get notified of new replies

To several serious reasons the C7 is inadequate

Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeMaj82
ok ok ok so it doesn't have current-gen camaro taillights. It has what would look to be next-gen camaro taillights..
Can I borrow the crystal ball of yours?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Well, tell us about the Corvette you currently own. What makes you so special that you are entitled to make posts in the C7 section, as you don't own a C7 either.

I currently own a C1, C2 and a C6 so I have reasons to belong to this forum. If you don't currently own a Corvette, of any generation, why are you here? Since I don't own a C7, I'm not allowed to participate in the C7 section, but you are? LOL

If you feel you are entitled to belong to the Corvette Forum, particularly the C7 section, yet don't own a Corvette, then why are you saying others aren't?
Joe, STOP it, you sound like a GRUMPY OLD MAN. Did you take your meds this morning?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM
MikeMaj82
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slief
Can I borrow the crystal ball of yours?
GM is so predictable these days you don't need a crystal ball. They just unveiled the new Commodore in Australia...wait a week from now and see how bland the Chevy SS is going to look..

Quick Reply: several serious reasons the C7 is inadequate