Sponsored by:

Reveal too much about nothing?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Reveal too much about nothing?

Not being one to follow all the hoopla surrounding new models, I wonder if when the new Ferrari, GT500, GTR, Viper, etc. were revealed if there was as much going on as what has occurred here on CF.

And what about the manufactures? Do they all seem to tantalize the public with what amounts to planted leaks?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, the Corvette is unique and special--close to the American heart. The other vehicles you listed certainly have a following, but there is something special about Corvette and the Corvette community. Even people outside of it, who don't own and never will own a Corvette, appreciate the car for its performance and beauty. I have die hard Porsche friends who are interested in this unveiling. There's something special about Corvette, and a new Corvette generation.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Walford
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide
Even people outside of it, who don't own and never will own a Corvette, appreciate the car for its performance and beauty.
My mom said C3s looked like cockroaches. We never did get along.

She liked my C5, tho.

But seriously, the Vette, the Mustang, and the 911 are the only cars that have been able to maintain an ethos each its own for more than 40 years, the Mustang and 911 closing in on 50.

Ferrari and Lambo and MB and BMW can produce fantastic cars, but nothing that has a spirit all its own as old as the Vette's. And there are imitators and one-uppers like the Viper, but they'll never have the soul a Corvette has.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide
IMO, the Corvette is unique and special--close to the American heart. The other vehicles you listed certainly have a following, but there is something special about Corvette and the Corvette community. Even people outside of it, who don't own and never will own a Corvette, appreciate the car for its performance and beauty. I have die hard Porsche friends who are interested in this unveiling. There's something special about Corvette, and a new Corvette generation.

well said, and very true. Its an iconic car, and the people that are in charge of its re design are well aware of the responsiblity of getting it right. The more I see of what it will be the more I think it will be terrific. remember though, nothing can live up to the hype. and if this car even comes close, it will be a huge winner.

Get notified of new replies

To Reveal too much about nothing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reveal too much about nothing?