The most accurate representation of the C7 rear... new PHOTOG

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 169 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
...Or, at least pay your dues as a true forum member and help support this place.
Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Here's an idea for you Billy Bob - how about you pay some dues and put your money where your mouth is? Naw, you just like to mouth off for free.
Do you really think your $200 lifetime gold pays the bills for Internet Brands??

With all due respect, the monetary support surely helps but when you throw it around like a badge of honor it makes you look "snobbish". YMMV.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I have a question for the forum. Is this forum non profit? Truthfully, I assumed the advertisers supported this form. God's honest truth, I don't know the lay of the land here.

I am impressed by St Judes. charity by the percentage that actually goes to charity !!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Axial
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The spoiler looks like it was stuck on and that is the only thing that really bothers me. I am so glad that the bottom half is black as opposed to body colour, because that just makes the back end.

Never really cared about the shape of the tail lights.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,935 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by got2bblu
I think you will have amber for both the North American version and the export version.

Just as Keeks told us months ago " IT LOOKS MEAN "
I think it would be great to have amber turns signals on the U.S. version. It would give it another distinction from the Camaro, and give the car more international flavor, more of a world class car.

The back looks very good, but I hope the center doesn't stick out too far, or the pod where the tailpipes are isn't too heavy looking.

Michael
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot88
The only thing I don't like about it is that I don't own it.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Z06-1
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
What makes it better are the proportions, the big but is dead
I agree 100% that rear end is sexy , I will be honest I was a little skeptical on the rear but this picture of the rear is fabulous , it's all about the proportions on car design and gm hit a home run with this vette . Cheers
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 PM
BuddhaZ06
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
.....Look at the 0:10 part...behind the Sparco seats there is NO WINDOW!!!!....there is only the open window just foreward of the seat . .. (enlarge it or go to YT to see it better)

Anyone?? I see what he means. No 1/4 glass from inside
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddhaZ06
Anyone?? I see what he means. No 1/4 glass from inside
Would the external camo be hiding this?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you younger and new older corvette owners have the money for this thing.

Lots are not going to like it for a couple of model years, till they clean it up like the
C4.

So many may wet there pants for it, but do they have the money to buy it ??????????
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM
VETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
Yeppers.....in the flesh

Still ugly. And that magazine cover is either a BS photo chop, or GM paid for that...

The back looks like it belongs on a Caddy IMO.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Axial
Racer

@texvette2: But...the C4 was never cleaned up. It got a small facelift (er...tail lift?) after 1992, but it still remained pretty much the same. It's hard to clean up a design that is inherently and purposefully clean.

While I like the C7 as a package, I also feel like it's a bit gaudy. I understand they went all aero on it, but aero doesn't sell cars. Especially with most of us younger guys (not necessarily me), you need to have killer looks. All they need to know is that this car performs well and better than what the majority of their peers are driving; from what I gathered in conversation the specifics don't count for much outside of the horsepower figure.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,256 Posts

It's a relief to finally see undisguised images of the front and rear. The Jalopnik, etc. renderings were starting to scare me, but the new pics look aggressive and purposeful, the start of a whole new era for Corvette. I can see now that the whole C7 will just be stunning in looks. Plus, the C7 is about a lot more than looks, so Tadge and Co, will have sweated all the details to make this all-new wondercar ride, handle, steer, shift, brake and scoot like no Vette ever. Maybe like no other sportscar ever!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
Wow no "Corvette" in that rear end at all. Worse than I expected.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM
rage793
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im liking it
Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Stockcar Axeman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Really? If you don't like Corvettes then go to another thread. If you have to bad mouth the car go some place where people care what you think. You have the right to say anything you want. Free country. It might go over better if you go where people give a s about what you have to criticize.

I get fed up with critics who obviously are not true Corvette fans . You are a car guy, I will give you that, but you are a poor example of a true Corvette fan. Go away...
Man, I guess we know who you voted for. Just another liberal that thinks his opinion is the only one. Why don't you just go to another country? We don't need people like you around. This is the kind of mentality that is bring our society down. I wish we could all get together and see everyone's big mouth (keyboard) in person and then see how much talk you got. The internet can be a great resource but when guys are slamming others for their opinions on a car that hasn't been released it sure makes ya think "what the hell is wrong with these folks?" And the latest term "Haters" is so ghey! Kids these days! Also Bill (whatever the rest of your numbers are) the gentleman that has had a Vette for 41 years is a VETTE guy. He probably owned that car longer then you've been alive.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:40 AM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LouieM
It's a relief to finally see undisguised images of the front and rear. The Jalopnik, etc. renderings were starting to scare me, but the new pics look aggressive and purposeful, the start of a whole new era for Corvette. I can see now that the whole C7 will just be stunning in looks. Plus, the C7 is about a lot more than looks, so Tadge and Co, will have sweated all the details to make this all-new wondercar ride, handle, steer, shift, brake and scoot like no Vette ever. Maybe like no other sportscar ever!

I also believe when we look back at the C7 years from now, we'll look at this as the start of the "modern era" for Corvette (which I personally currently attribute to the C4).
Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TractionControlOff

I also believe when we look back at the C7 years from now, we'll look at this as the start of the "modern era" for Corvette (which I personally currently attribute to the C4).

this c7 really is revolutionary not evolutionary ..

Get notified of new replies

To The most accurate representation of the C7 rear... new PHOTOG

Old 01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Stockcar Axeman
Man, I guess we know who you voted for. Just another liberal that thinks his opinion is the only one. Why don't you just go to another country? We don't need people like you around. This is the kind of mentality that is bring our society down. I wish we could all get together and see everyone's big mouth (keyboard) in person and then see how much talk you got. The internet can be a great resource but when guys are slamming others for their opinions on a car that hasn't been released it sure makes ya think "what the hell is wrong with these folks?" And the latest term "Haters" is so ghey! Kids these days! Also Bill (whatever the rest of your numbers are) the gentleman that has had a Vette for 41 years is a VETTE guy. He probably owned that car longer then you've been alive.
No, The Gentleman that you are referring to is the center of just about all of the conflict on this forum. I suggest you read his posts. You will get a belly full of him real fast. Bill is spot-on in his assessment of him. He's constantly fighting with people here.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Wow, much improved picture over previous renditions

This rear end looks Mean and Tough. I like it.
I am eager to see the car.
I think the car will be revolutionary compared to the C6. Pictures never really provide fair justice to a car. You have to really see it in person to really appreciate the depth of the body shape. Every sports car I have every had an interest in looks better in person compared to just viewing it in a photo. This C7 is going to Rock the World. Smaller in size and weight, good looking and better aerodynamics, improved interior & better electronics, better fuel mileage and overall faster in speed and handling.
Also safer so what else could we complain about now? Now just tell us on Sunday evening that the car has 485 Hp, 470 torque and weighs only 3000 pounds and it will be perfect.
Cheers,
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Stockcar Axeman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
No, The Gentleman that you are referring to is the center of just about all of the conflict on this forum. I suggest you read his posts. You will get a belly full of him real fast. Bill is spot-on in his assessment of him. He's constantly fighting with people here.
I'm on here all the time. Man are you overstating that he is at "just about all the conflict on this forum"? Spare me the drama. There are plenty of a-holes on this board. Thanks for your input though. He is spot on this one and that is the thread I was responding to. I could care less about his other posts. There are plenty of people on the forum that like to stir it up and we could go on forever about them but if you read my post it is about our individual opinions and our right to them without getting trash talk from someone who disagrees about a car that we have not even seen yet. See my point? Nobody is trying to rain on anyones parade or party. It's a public forum, not a private party.

Quick Reply: The most accurate representation of the C7 rear... new PHOTOG