Its alomost over.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Its alomost over.

The speculation has been intersting and fun to say the least. What we are going through is the modern version of the late sixties in my view, with each new performance car coming out with higher horsepower ratings, more sleek lines, better interiors and features. This is all good for car lovers of every kind not just Corvette folks. Obviously it isnt the sixties, but as close as they can get these days, especially with the web protruding into our lives almost incessantly.

With the new corvette, There were the taillight haters, the horsepower raters, Those who want new seats, those who saw rear seats. Along the way there were Jalopnik pics, and spy pics, but thus far, there is still some mystery and anticipation.

Regardless of ones' opinion, there was fun, healthy speculation about this next gen corvette. Let's all hope its everything everyone wanted, and goes on to become the best one yet. In the meantime, who cares if it has taillights from another car? will you be looking at them as you shift into seventh gear? Remember that its all in good fun, and to survive in this crazy world, there must be an evolution. Unfotunately, the days of only "corvette guys" buying them need to end, and they need to bring in a new audience. Is everyone in that group a corvette purist? no, of course not, but they should be welcomed to the fold to keep the brand alive. Any child makes mistakes, try to not chase them away....new blood is a good thing.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by flange
The speculation has been intersting and fun to say the least. What we are going through is the modern version of the late sixties in my view, with each new performance car coming out with higher horsepower ratings, more sleek lines, better interiors and features. This is all good for car lovers of every kind not just Corvette folks. Obviously it isnt the sixties, but as close as they can get these days, especially with the web protruding into our lives almost incessantly.

With the new corvette, There were the taillight haters, the horsepower raters, Those who want new seats, those who saw rear seats. Along the way there were Jalopnik pics, and spy pics, but thus far, there is still some mystery and anticipation.

Regardless of ones' opinion, there was fun, healthy speculation about this next gen corvette. Let's all hope its everything everyone wanted, and goes on to become the best one yet. In the meantime, who cares if it has taillights from another car? will you be looking at them as you shift into seventh gear? Remember that its all in good fun, and to survive in this crazy world, there must be an evolution. Unfotunately, the days of only "corvette guys" buying them need to end, and they need to bring in a new audience. Is everyone in that group a corvette purist? no, of course not, but they should be welcomed to the fold to keep the brand alive. Any child makes mistakes, try to not chase them away....new blood is a good thing.
It has been fun, almost hate to see it end. GM did a great job of keeping the new car under wraps. From the banner that has been seen in Detroit, there are differences in the actual profile verses the renderings. Get ready
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

THANK GOD it's almost OVER!!!! I've purposely stayed away from this section of the forum until this week, and am glad I did. The speculation got old about last year (meaning 2011 )

Most of threads turn into "hater" type threads were people pass judgement purely on speculation and get negative and diss the C7 not even knowing the full performance capabilities, as well as the final look of the car.

It is fun to speculate to a degree, but when it turns into internet pizzing matches it's a colossal waste of time. ie..we've got one C7 thread going here with the GTR pitted against the C7
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck it was over when the Jalopnik pictures were posted over a year ago. There isn't to much we don't know about the car already.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
THANK GOD it's almost OVER!!!! I've purposely stayed away from this section of the forum until this week, and am glad I did. The speculation got old about last year (meaning 2011 )

Most of threads turn into "hater" type threads were people pass judgement purely on speculation and get negative and diss the C7 not even knowing the full performance capabilities, as well as the final look of the car.

It is fun to speculate to a degree, but when it turns into internet pizzing matches it's a colossal waste of time. ie..we've got one C7 thread going here with the GTR pitted against the C7
Frank, it worked both ways. We had people placing deposits and loving the car based solely on speculation and internet renderings.

I respect both sides. People who love what they have seen are not wrong, and people who don't love what they have seen are not wrong.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by jschindler
Frank, it worked both ways. We had people placing deposits and loving the car based solely on speculation and internet renderings.

I respect both sides. People who love what they have seen are not wrong, and people who don't love what they have seen are not wrong.
I think it's one thing to put faith in GM and *love* the car based on speculation..fine..it's a risk, but glass half full approach

I guess what I was driving at (no pun ) is people who have already made up their mind and throwing their arms up in disgust before knowing for sure what the car will be or look like... it's kind of like the guilty until proven innocent.. why stress all the negativity and waste time ?

If after the car is released people don't like it.. game on, fair enough
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
Heck it was over when the Jalopnik pictures were posted over a year ago. There isn't to much we don't know about the car already.
What we know:
1. What it looks like
2. Horsepower/torque
3. Tire fitment
4. etc...

What we THINK we know:
1. See above

Jimmy
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Personally, I still think we're in for a surprise or two.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Personally, I still think we're in for a surprise or two.
I think there will be a lot of surprises. Some people will like and some they may not.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I think there will be a lot of surprises. Some people will like and some they may not.
I agree that we are all going to be surprised, the fact that they kept this SO under wraps (Jalopnik not withstanding although you know my stance on that!) is amazing. I was saying to my wife this morning that it is amazing in this day and time, where literally every person has a phone and that phone has a camera, not ONE photo has appeared. We saw the C5 undisguised months before reveal and the C6 6 weeks before reveal and those happened 17 and 9 years ago respectively.

Jimmy
Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by jimmyb
What we know:
1. What it looks like
2. Horsepower/torque
3. Tire fitment
4. etc...

What we THINK we know:
1. See above

Jimmy

I was going to reply after I had read just the first part of your post to say I don't THINK so. Then I completed reading your post. Spot on!
Thanks for my morning chuckle.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
John_R
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only surprise I would like, is getting a FREE C7 for my birthday which happens to be January 11. GM are you listening? HINT HINT, I'm in no rush for the present I'll settle for the ZR1 C7 when it comes out.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

I don't expect but two exterior surprises, ... #1 = Headlight group jewelry ... What will they look like, what type LED DRL's and what design?
#2 = What will the front fender vents look like? .. Jalopnik renders or some slight modification?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
What we know:
1. What it looks like
2. Horsepower/torque
3. Tire fitment
4. etc...

What we THINK we know:
1. See above

Jimmy
Fully...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blueox
i think there will be a lot of surprises..
oh i agree. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say gm is laughing their asses off right now with what we think we know and what the actual car has in store for us.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I want the pop up head lights back to compliment the Camaro's tail lights.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I agree that we may be pleasantly surprised. I hope Chevrolet knocks our socks off.

Get notified of new replies

To Its alomost over.

Quick Reply: Its alomost over.