C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less than a week to go.. and still no official pics!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Less than a week to go.. and still no official pics!

What kinda CIA security did GM hire to protect this car. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a production vehicle so well hidden from the public. Less than a week to go, and not a single actual picture of the car (sans camo) has made its way onto the internet. I was absolutely sure stuff would start popping up a week or two away from the actual reveal as those with access to that material get less weary of GM legal action.

Seriously.. We've had the original Jalaponik leak, Keek's CAD stuff, BlueOx manual drawings and a few odds & ends like the front fascia & rear bumper cover. Whoever is in charge of the C7 security project, should be the next CIA director! Definitely does a better job of hiding secrets than Petraeus lol.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/i...heartauto-app/

Well here's something thats not secret anymore. 2014 GM vehicles will get the iHeart radio. Thats pretty big news in my eyes as my primary music listening is Pandora & iHeart radio. Both of which should be supported by the C7 infotainment system.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I applaud them, because they are realy doing a great job.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
vankenn
Instructor

They have not built any new Corvette yet, only the demo vehicles used for testing and for the reveal. With very limited vehicles, no one is able to grab a pic of it. May not surprise me if some people have to wait until 2014 to get a hand on their new Corvette.

Last edited by vankenn; 01-07-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 671 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by vankenn
They have not built any new Corvette yet, only the demo vehicle used for testing and for the reveal. With very limited vehicle, no one is able to grab a pic of it. May not surprise me if some people have to wait until 2014 to get a hand on their new Corvette.
They have like 50 camo cars driving around the country, not one.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

They have not built any new Corvette yet, only the demo vehicles used for testing and for the reveal. With very limited vehicles, no one is able to grab a pic of it. May not surprise me if some people have to wait until 2014 to get a hand on their new Corvette.

It also has to do with the fact that GM is concealing the C7 from even its own. A NYC exec from GM lives in town and I've become friendly with him and to this day he swears he hasn't seen or heard anything in detail about the C7 (I will be calling him today about a personal matter, so I'll ask again if I can pry any info out of him...).

GM really wants 1/13/13 to be a significant event, not just the official reveal of a car everyone has seen months earlier, despite what Jalopnik wants us all to believe.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TractionControlOff
It also has to do with the fact that GM is concealing the C7 from even its own. A NYC exec from GM lives in town and I've become friendly with him and to this day he swears he hasn't seen or heard anything in detail about the C7 (I will be calling him today about a personal matter, so I'll ask again if I can pry any info out of him...).

GM really wants 1/13/13 to be a significant event, not just the official reveal of a car everyone has seen months earlier, despite what Jalopnik wants us all to believe.
You should know that many people use that line to hide the fact that they can't talk about it. If he said he did know something, you'd be on his butt constantly trying to pry info from him.

I spent years in the DOD and that is a standard dodge.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I doubt a test vehicle will be used in the reveal.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

So much has changed since we last discussed this topic five days ago:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...curity-gm.html

I don't even know where to begin.

.Jinx
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You should know that many people use that line to hide the fact that they can't talk about it. If he said he did know something, you'd be on his butt constantly trying to pry info from him.

I'm not expecting him to show me photos of the real car, but he could have said "yeah, I've seen it."

Who knows, maybe he'll tell me more of what he knew after 1/13/13.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by TractionControlOff
I'm not expecting him to show me photos of the real car, but he could have said "yeah, I've seen it."

Who knows, maybe he'll tell me more of what he knew after 1/13/13.
Maybe, but then you'd be buggin him about the future C7 versions, when they are coming out, what will or won't be on them, yatta yatta yatta. Why would he want to deal with that?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Maybe, but then you'd be buggin him about the future C7 versions, when they are coming out, what will or won't be on them, yatta yatta yatta. Why would he want to deal with that?
I wanna know about what's planned for the C8, sure hate to buy a C7 to be disappointed when the C8 comes out as a Camaro.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

No "official" GM photos yet, but hell we saw as close as it gets months ago with the jalopnik stuff, and on top of that I think the red car could be the actual car from GT5. Wouldn't be the first time a toy or video game leaked in advance. We've probably seen almost the exact thing, but since it doesn't have a GM stamp or embargo we aren't thinking that much of it.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

I know people involved with it. You have to respect they can't talk about it IF they want a job. Watching all the speculation and rumors is much more fun. Only a few more days
Old 01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
I wanna know about what's planned for the C8, sure hate to buy a C7 to be disappointed when the C8 comes out as a Camaro.
OK, sure!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
I know people involved with it. You have to respect they can't talk about it IF they want a job. Watching all the speculation and rumors is much more fun. Only a few more days
Yeah! What she said!

Hey, you got their phone number?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I am very impressed with GM security but that is if you don't include Jalopnik.

Just think, if we never had Jalopnik , Keeks stuff would have not had much credibility no matter how CADCAMMY it was and of course the same for the line drawings from the Ox.

Get notified of new replies

To Less than a week to go.. and still no official pics!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 671 Likes on 227 Posts

I still want to know the story behind how Jalopnik got to see the body panels, etc. We will probably never know though.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Yeah! What she said!

Hey, you got their phone number?
They all have me on call blocking
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by John T
I am very impressed with GM security but that is if you don't include Jalopnik.

Just think, if we never had Jalopnik , Keeks stuff would have not had much credibility no matter how CADCAMMY it was and of course the same for the line drawings from the Ox.
Well, I agree to a point. I didn't buy the Jalopnik images meant much until the Omega Tool video confirmed the nose and rear end. That was the tipping point for me.

I will personally write a letter of recommendation to the guy/gal who planned this 'campaign' if it was all a dodge and the car looks significantly different (by that I mean nothing like it) than the Jalopnik image.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Less than a week to go.. and still no official pics!