C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, so I did modify one image from Christmas Eve...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
billythekid310
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Fair enough. I just dont see it. The ***** in the Camaro look different to my eyes and serve completely different functions from what I can tell. The Camaro ***** seem to be multifunction and also in the Camaro, there does not appear to be any A/C control interface short of those *****.

In the C7, it would appear that there is a complete A/C control panel located between those ***** and the ***** will likely be used to control seperate driver and passenger temps. In my opion, short of perhaps the size of the *****, I would say the bare a closer resemblence to that of the C6 than the Camaro.

For what its worth, my comment was directed at a couple folks here who do nothing but start new threads or post in various threads day in and day about their distain for the new C7 and it's resemblence to the Camaro. Their constant rant has gotten very old already.
No I see what he is talking about with the ***** looking like the Camaro.. they are round!!!!!!!

Can't wait to UPGRADE from the C6 to the C7.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Fair enough. I just dont see it. The ***** in the Camaro look different to my eyes and serve completely different functions from what I can tell. The Camaro ***** seem to be multifunction and also in the Camaro, there does not appear to be any A/C control interface short of those *****.

In the C7, it would appear that there is a complete A/C control panel located between those ***** and the ***** will likely be used to control seperate driver and passenger temps. In my opion, short of perhaps the size of the *****, I would say the bare a closer resemblence to that of the C6 than the Camaro.

For what its worth, my comment was directed at a couple folks here who do nothing but start new threads or post in various threads day in and day about their distain for the new C7 and it's resemblence to the Camaro. Their constant rant has gotten very old already.
Some people are more literal than others (my wife is that way). While they are certainly not exactly the same, they follow the same design theme.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What I find the most interesting is that a lot of guys here on CF hate the Camaro and yet it is consistently out-selling it's old nemesis, the Rustang.

It just proves that the haters are just flat-out wrong and if the lights and ***** are Camaro-looking, that is a good thing as it will attract more new customers for the C7.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM
I swear some of you could find fault with a sunny day.
And some folks can't accept that not everybody likes everything they see. BTW, come down to Houston in the middle of the summer and tell me how you like our sunny days when it's 95 degrees and 95 percent humidity.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BlueOx
What I find the most interesting is that a lot of guys here on CF hate the Camaro and yet it is consistently out-selling it's old nemesis, the Rustang.

It just proves that the haters are just flat-out wrong and if the lights and ***** are Camaro-looking, that is a good thing as it will attract more new customers for the C7.
Several points here.

I wonder how many of both the Mustang and Camaro are bought by rental car companies. I see Camaros all over the lots.

The Mustang design is getting long in the tooth and the Camaro is newer - that almost always favors the newer design.

Secretaries buying six cylinder versions often have different opinions than guys with gold chains and small "body parts" like those of us on the Corvette forum
Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Here is the Camaro AC and the proposed C7 AC which I photoshopped together. The sizing is pretty close to actual size comparatively. Again, I don't see the resemblance other than they are both *****. The Camaro ***** are completely different looking in that they have the + design in the center Which appears to be seperate controls and are also much larger in size along with closer together.

Why is the forum duplicating every picture I post when I link only one Photobucket image??? I've never had that happen before today!
Attached Images  

Last edited by slief; 01-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Camaro

I like the new Camaro, rather have that than a Mustang anyday. But I love my Vette.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

1965 Shelby Gt 350 has the EXACT same gauge cluster and radio as the Ford Falcon.

The 1967 Shelby GT 500 has the exact same sequential tailights as the Ford Thunderbird.

What is my point?

Two of the the most historic, most valuable, most universally respected muscle cars in history borrowed EXACT pieces from lesser models.

So I guess Carrol Shelby was an idiot...

If you hate the new corvette because you hate the design that IMO is an acceptable position and one many wil take.

If you hate it solely on the basis of perceived brand similarity then you have made a tired weak arguement that the herd has made.

Every time someone makes the camaro point I go out in my garage, sit in my 66 Shelby and thank the car Gods for Carrol Shelby.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ......... If it matches mine. ha !!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Another comparison.. Still don't see a resemblence other than the fact that they are round.. Sorry about the double image. Not sure what is going on when I paste the image link to my post.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
michaelrm1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915
1965 Shelby Gt 350 has the EXACT same gauge cluster and radio as the Ford Falcon.

The 1967 Shelby GT 500 has the exact same sequential tailights as the Ford Thunderbird.

What is my point?

Two of the the most historic, most valuable, most universally respected muscle cars in history borrowed EXACT pieces from lesser models.

So I guess Carrol Shelby was an idiot...

If you hate the new corvette because you hate the design that IMO is an acceptable position and one many wil take.

If you hate it solely on the basis of perceived brand similarity then you have made a tired weak arguement that the herd has made.

Every time someone makes the camaro point I go out in my garage, sit in my 66 Shelby and thank the car Gods for Carrol Shelby.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ......... If it matches mine. ha !!!
Aren't you getting tired of walking out there?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by michaelrm1
Aren't you getting tired of walking out there?
It my new "Camaro Fitness Program".

I can drop 20 lbs by spring. Unfortunately, I have also created solo drinking game where I take a shot of Jagger, every time the word Camaro appears on the C7 forum.

Neat to see the poll on the tailights running 2-1 in favor..... I'm sure Gm would love that acceptance rate pre-release....
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

I can drop 20 lbs by spring. Unfortunately, I have also created solo drinking game where I take a shot of Jagger, every time the word Camaro appears on the C7 forum.

Neat to see the poll on the tailights running 2-1 in favor..... I'm sure Gm would love that acceptance rate pre-release....
You're welcome - can't believe I was the first one to do that! It is NOT a poll on the tail lights - read the d@mn title! It's about the overall rear design!!! Funny how many folks get confused by the difference between the two when repyling to those of us who don't like it.....

Actually, as I post this it's 2/3 undecided and only 20% in favor...

Don't get too hung up on winning polls being a validation of quality - remember the last election.....................

I'm tempted to say "Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro" just to see how you post with a major buzz, but I won't do that for fear that you will think that's what the poll is about!!

Last edited by tuxnharley; 01-03-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo, trying to get keeks buzzed!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Here is the Camaro AC and the proposed C7 AC which I photoshopped together. The sizing is pretty close to actual size comparatively. Again, I don't see the resemblance other than they are both *****. The Camaro ***** are completely different looking in that they have the + design in the center Which appears to be seperate controls and are also much larger in size along with closer together.

Why is the forum duplicating every picture I post when I link only one Photobucket image??? I've never had that happen before today!
The similarities are obvious. They both have rectangles AND circles.
/sarcasm off

Looking forward to seeing it in real materials instead of wireframes.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
You're welcome - can't believe I was the first one to do that! It is NOT a poll on the tail lights - read the d@mn title! It's about the overall rear design!!! Funny how many folks get confused by the difference between the two when repling to those of us who don't like it.....

Actually, as I post this it's 2/3 undecided and only 20% in favor...

Don't get too hung up on winning polls being a validation of quality - remember the last election.....................

I'm tempted to say "Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro" just to see how you post with a major buzz, but I won't do that for fear that you will think that's what the poll is about!!
To be more accurate:

Of all those polled who have a current opinion, 2-1 of respondents like the back end.........a clear majority.

Hope fully that is more accurate......
Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

To be more accurate:

Of all those polled who have a current opinion, 2-1 of respondents like the back end.........a clear majority.

Hope fully that is more accurate......
Darn - apparently no major buzz there.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Another comparison.. Still don't see a resemblence other than the fact that they are round.. Sorry about the double image. Not sure what is going on when I paste the image link to my post.

You are not showing the row of buttons above the ***** on the Camaro - that along with the ***** is what makes it look very similar.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Aftermarket Billet *****, JC Whitney body kit and Camaro tail lights.....I want one!

Get notified of new replies

To OK, so I did modify one image from Christmas Eve...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
You are not showing the row of buttons above the ***** on the Camaro - that along with the ***** is what makes it look very similar.
Is this better?? I still dont see the resemblance. One has mutlifunction big ***** nearly side by side without buttons, the other has smaller single purpose ***** with buttons between them. The buttons on the Camaro are above the CD slot. Those buttons are radio controls for the Camaro. The buttons on the C7 are AC controls. Not to mention that it was the *****, not ***** and buttons that were mentioned as being ripped off from the Camaro. Now that said, there are 2 ***** on the Camaro on either side of the CD slot that look like they are part of the radio control. Those smaller ***** do resemble those of the C7 AC ***** but they are smaller and serve a completely different purpose.
Attached Images  

Last edited by slief; 01-03-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Several points here.

I wonder how many of both the Mustang and Camaro are bought by rental car companies. I see Camaros all over the lots.

The Mustang design is getting long in the tooth and the Camaro is newer - that almost always favors the newer design.

Secretaries buying six cylinder versions often have different opinions than guys with gold chains and small "body parts" like those of us on the Corvette forum
Yeah, you could at least come up with a new one there. You haven't been to a rental lot of you think Camaros outnumber Mustangs at the rental places.

BTW, WHAT THRILLING ***** THOSE RUSTANGS HAVE!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
michaelrm1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the new look and think it will be better in every way including the Camaro lights. The car is going to look awesome in person and I'd be willing to bet that most people will love the new car even after complaining for months about something they've never seen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OK, so I did modify one image from Christmas Eve...