Sponsored by:

Ok I am buying a C7 this year. If you are post here

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
You definitely love cars. Performance cars in particular. You are not a died in the wool Corvette fan,. A Corvette fan loves all the cars. He/ she joins clubs and races or shows or cruises with the car they love. There is a difference. I support your opinion and also your right to buy any car you would like. . Like a good parent a Corvette fan loves all their children unconditionally ....
Lol.. Well I do love corvettes, family thing.. Dad has a 54 and 63 roadster, uncle has a 63 roadster, I did have a 2009 for a few years but sold it.. Just didn't have time for it and wanted to free up some money.. but now I miss having it.

There is a GREAT slide deck on the GM media site that really goes into detail on the LT1, and I am impressed by the fact that they made such a great engine with what the euro-fans dub "old technology" (Pushrod).. Few people realize or understand that in terms of age, the overhead cam appraoch is, in fact, older than pushrods but I digress..

you've got a motor which puts out 450HP and 450 TQ for starters.. they mention many times "preliminary" which means they either will offer it with more to start or will put a hotter one in the Z06 package. Heck this thing comes with a Z06 torque curve it looks like. I'd love to know why BMW couldn't get better MPG out of their "technologically advanced" M3 S63 v-8... I get that it is a revver, hence not the torque-a-saurus that the LT1 is looking to be, but you're looking at about 10MPG less for a smaller engine (displacement wise, it's probably larger in total size than the LT which looks tiny next to the BMW TT, with less power and less torque..

This new car looks like it will be just a c-hair slower (if that) than my old Z. It will tar and feather the 991C2S on any track..

Believe me, I love corvettes, but not just corvettes and I can see the allure in the caddy.. big, 4 doors, 4 seats, and big *****.. I drove one and it was a grin machine, yet comfy and luxurious.. Lot's of vette guys have both.

I just gotta see how it looks when it comes out..

BTW, my fav vettes are the 67 big blocks. Then the C6 Z models, then go back to 62 with that first year of the stingray rear. I wouldn't own a 73-82 if you paid me. I like the C4's more than the C5 (looks), and can appreciate the historical value of the C1's but not crazy about them looks/performance wise. Unconditional love of all vettes? nah, not me..

I am pumped up about the unveiling though/

check out the slide deck http://media.gm.com/dld/content/Page...%2024OC12a.pdf
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Bill17601, my purchase of an '05 C6 on 8/31/2004 and driving it for three months late Summer through the Fall here in the North East was an experience I will treasure and remember forever. Driving it every day to work I encountered many car enthusiasts wanting to see it up close. Fellow employees were in line during work breaks to be taken for a short ride. No one drove but me however no matter how hard they begged.

The next Spring my brother and I took a round trip 1800 mile ride to the '05 C5/C6 Bash at Bowling Green. The museum and factory tour coupled with the Bash were awesome. My C6 Coupe was great as a tour car fitting all our luggage and averaged over 30mpg on the trip.

Sold my early build '05 C6 the Spring of 2011 and experienced no issues with it after 6 1/2 years of driving it. Bottom line, if you are a real nut for the Corvette, those first 6 months of early ownership and driving a just released C7 will remain in your memory forever too.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

Have you seen it - in person - with your own eyes ?

Perfect renditions - and actual photographs - don't do it for me.

I'll let you know the evening of the 17th.
I will let you know around NOON on the 16th

I am pretty sure once the VERT comes out I will want one and then if they can significantly top the performance of the ZR down the road
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

I am 90% sure I'll buy one once the rebates and invoice pricing comes out.
My 2008 is out of bumper to bumper warranty and is approaching 36k miles so I think its time to get a new daily driver.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I've owned an early production C4, C5, & C6 so thought it best to keep the tradition going as I placed a deposit for a C7. From what I read on the various forums I've had no more (and in many cases less) problems with my early cars than some are having with current production C6's.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 PM
tjfontaine
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman in NC
Don't worry about first year issues. The C5 and C6 were both good cars in all years. I totally enjoyed owning my C6 the first model year. Still have it.
Yup ... still have my 05 C6 and it has been perfect ... 60K on it now ...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
I will let you know around NOON on the 16th

I am pretty sure once the VERT comes out I will want one and then if they can significantly top the performance of the ZR down the road
I will be there Deb at Noon too . I am bringing my daughter (Selena Gomez)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Johnny vette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im In.......... I always buy a Convertible........It looks better than the coupe...........
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

When the 427 comes back- lol.

Quick Reply: Ok I am buying a C7 this year. If you are post here