C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As shown on steering wheel, Cue explained on Cadillac.com!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 PM
scottsdalevette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default As shown on steering wheel, Cue explained on Cadillac.com!!

These new owners manual sketches shows the new steering wheel buttons which are explained in good detail at Cadillac.com website using the Cue tabs to watch all of the videos. All of the new buttons showing on the Vette steering wheels are explained in the "Steering Wheel Controls" video.

The Cue looks very cool compared to the current 6th generation technology. Hopefully the head up display is going to show the Cue selections so you don't crash while scanning the screens.
Anybody here own a new Caddy with the Cue system??
How does the Cue work with all of the choices available??
Have fun!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

FWIW, and I know it isn't worth much to many here, Motor Trend doesn't think much of CUE. So I'll just offer this quote from the Feb 2013 MT article on the ATS vs 335 vs C350 article, maybe as just a starting point.

It wouldn't be an ATS review if we didn't spend some time discussing (or maybe just dissing) Cadillac's CUE system. Febbo hates it: "While CUE is new to me, even after a month, I would still think it sucks. It's two generations behind Audi, BMW, and Mercedes." Evans disagrees: "I like CUE. It's a lot like an Apple device. I find it intuitive." I'm philosophically disappointed with it. As you may know, cars from Bavaria (BMW) are designed in Ingolstadt (Audi) and vice versa. The Germans shamelessly copy each other tit for tat. See CLS, A7, and 6 Series Gran Coupe for proof. As we know, Cadillac straight up stole the 3 Series recipe when it cooked up the ATS -- the Caddy is within less than an inch of the F30 in wheelbase, length, width, and height. I have no problem with that. As Woody Allen said, "When you steal, steal from the best." But Cadillac didn't copy iDrive (which is now excellent) or Mercedes-Benz' COMAND (it's pretty much OK) or Audi's MMI (good, but the damn wheel still spins backwards). No, Cadillac copied Detroit, specifically Ford's MyTouch system. Not only am I with Team Febbo in saying CUE doesn't work so hot and looks boring, but it works differently from the (German) cars it competes with. In other words, Cadillac, don't steal from Lincoln.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM
scottsdalevette
Pro

Default The Cue is going to be fun --- when parked in your garage!

I just went thru all of those videos on Cadillac.com explaining the Cue and in Corvettes next year, you will have to pull over and park to use the 40 possible apps or find a new XM station.
How is the voice recognition microphone going to hear you with the top down (convertibles) or off (coupes) shifting all 7 gears?
New Corvettes with Cue will make music CDs obsolete as there is no slot.
Well - Steve Jobs would have been very happy driving the next Vette!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

I don't think it will be like CUE. Chevy has it's own version that is much easier to use. I've had it in several rental cars this past year and it was quite easy to navigate.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 PM
scottsdalevette
Pro

Default Same cost/value argument potential for C7 Vette's!

Hey MikeyTX, for the future cost of a new 2014 Corvette starting at a minimum of 50 thousand dollars or more, the infotainment system will hopefully be the Cue and not the MyLink on Malibu or Equinox models. The buttons in the new C7 steering wheel sketch matches more to the Cue than the MyLink.

So let the same old argument start up - Does the new Corvette get the same stuff as a Equinox or better stuff like a new Cadillac??
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Default On the 13th ...............

Originally Posted by scottsdalevette
Hey MikeyTX, for the future cost of a new 2014 Corvette starting at a minimum of 50 thousand dollars or more, the infotainment system will hopefully be the Cue and not the MyLink on Malibu or Equinox models. The buttons in the new C7 steering wheel sketch matches more to the Cue than the MyLink.

So let the same old argument start up - Does the new Corvette get the same stuff as a Equinox or better stuff like a new Cadillac??
Heh ........... We'll know for sure on the 13th ................
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

If you have an iPad, there's a CUE app that shows how all of the features and interfaces work.

Get notified of new replies

To As shown on steering wheel, Cue explained on Cadillac.com!!

Quick Reply: As shown on steering wheel, Cue explained on Cadillac.com!!