Sponsored by:

11/29/2012 Video Link :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
Did anyone notice at 0.08 that the "window" that it's supposed to have is non-existant? It looks like a panel...
You mean where the speaker is? I noticed that too. IF that's the case, it's going to have a HUGE B pillar!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, where the speaker is
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
and they have put 7 k on this mule
I was thinking that was the miles left to bring it in for service.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
Yes, where the speaker is
It could be the quarter window is not a detail they want to reveal as yet. So just "the junk in the trunk" was shown.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
It could be the quarter window is not a detail they want to reveal as yet. So just "the junk in the trunk" was shown.
Did anyone notice the odd shading on the back window of the C and D magazine rendering?

Not being sarcastic but it looks like a back seat.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Did anyone notice the odd shading on the back window of the C and D magazine rendering?

Not being sarcastic but it looks like a back seat.
You are like my dog with a 2X2 bone...chew till it's gone no matter how tough it is, even if you have to break a few teeth in the process!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You are like my dog with a 2X2 bone...chew till it's gone no matter how tough it is, even if you have to break a few teeth in the process!
If you get a chance brother Ox, check out the side vent on the new Chevrolet SS Sprint Cup car.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

If you get a chance brother Ox, check out the side vent on the new Chevrolet SS Sprint Cup car.
I meant about a potential C7 back seat. What does the shading of the back of the C&D C7 have to do with the sprint cup car? What's the point?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Never mind what Jalopnik has posted or what magazines say. I am going by what Chevrolet posts in their videos. And what I am seeing in the videos is amazing. As soon as my dealership takes deposits on the C7, I am putting mine in. As far as I am concerned, their advertising is working on me--the Corvette customer. Who cares what anyone else thinks.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by CandyVette
Never mind what Jalopnik has posted or what magazines say. I am going by what Chevrolet posts in their videos. And what I am seeing in the videos is amazing. As soon as my dealership takes deposits on the C7, I am putting mine in. As far as I am concerned, their advertising is working on me--the Corvette customer. Who cares what anyone else thinks.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by CandyVette
What is in the videos that is amazing to you? Really, I'm very curious because they ain't saying anything to me and I too am a Corvette owner.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

What is in the videos that is amazing to you? Really, I'm very curious because they ain't saying anything to me and I too am a Corvette owner.
Well I am always fascinated by gadgets and new technology and am always the first to jump to have the next big thing before anyone else. Because I like it. Now, if the rear end looks anything like what has been posted, I am going to be disappointed. But I am just waiting like everyone else. I currently own my seventh Corvette and am eagerly awaiting my eighth but if it isn't everything I envision for myself personally, then I will wait.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Ox, I got your message on the 2+2 ....C&D back window shading still is bizarre .

Sprint Cup SS Chev is another subject entirely. The car has a vertical vent on the front fender that resembles some C7 renderings.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

No rear pasenger seat in a C7 Corvette, defeats the design purpose entirely....
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Ox, I got your message on the 2+2 ....C&D back window shading still is bizarre .

Sprint Cup SS Chev is another subject entirely. The car has a vertical vent on the front fender that resembles some C7 renderings.
Yeah, I saw it and I find it a bit disconcerting. I hope it's not on the final product. I see no reason for a bunch of these familial traits like that vertical vent gewgaw and tail light similarities. It is one thing for great design similarities that make operational sense but some of this stuff is just going too far.

It also makes me wonder what the new Camaro will look like.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
ScottNC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Regarding window

Originally Posted by XTRME 94
You mean where the speaker is? I noticed that too. IF that's the case, it's going to have a HUGE B pillar!
If you stop at 13 secs in you see the guy getting out of the car and closing the door. The camo covers the side window/panel so I'm guessing thats why you dont see any daylight at 8 sec.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottNC
If you stop at 13 secs in you see the guy getting out of the car and closing the door. The camo covers the side window/panel so I'm guessing thats why you dont see any daylight at 8 sec.
Yes, but what we're getting at is your not going to have a clear window with a speaker or visible things on the other side.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
oldvtr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XTRME 94
Yes, but what we're getting at is your not going to have a clear window with a speaker or visible things on the other side.
Looks to me like the speaker is below the fender line so would also be below the bottom of any side window. Think the speaker in the photo is at the same level as in C5 & C6 so still room above for some sort of window. Also think the C&D rendering shows a much thinner "B" pillar than what the actual car will have. The "window" will look bigger from the outside because the glass will be laid over what is the "halo" on C5 & C6. Question - why would they go to the trouble of the convoluted hatch outline if there isn't a window? Would have been cheaper/easier to stay with full glass like C4/5/6.

Quick Reply: 11/29/2012 Video Link :)