Sponsored by:

C7 Engine Seminar

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by billythekid310
I can't wait until 1.13.13 so the facts are clear. I will still be waiting on a second year C7 or CTS-V wagon. Never had a 4-door car before though...

It would be odd to not be in a cockpit of a Corvette.
You're telling me.

It took weeks to get used to driving my new daily driver. It's a 2 door Camry and let me tell you something I discovered...

I MISS MY CORVETTE EVERY TIME I GET IN MY DAILY!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Old buckeye
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

Any reason for moving the build of the LT1 engine to the Tonawanda engine plant in Buffalo?

I believe this Plant at one time built the Hummer engines. Plant was impressive with the high tech equipment in the factory. Unless they change the layout, there is very little "hands on" work to build the engines but not so sure that always gives the highest quality.

Time will tell. As the dollar de-values, cheaper to build in the U.S.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
rmarks
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoever is managing the C7 launch for the General is doing an impressive job. The interest is amazing. Good job buddy.

I want one, my heart says "ORDER NOW". My mind says to wait a year because there are always problems. And be sure to get the most extended warranty.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Lifted07Sierra
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

393rwhp/388lbs This isnt a guess either
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Roger K. Fain
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 Upgrades

The most important upgrade to the C7 should be a "key initiated" ignition...lose the button, whish is a PITA.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger K. Fain
The most important upgrade to the C7 should be a "key initiated" ignition...lose the button, whish is a PITA.
Seriously? I'm in the opposite camp. I see no reason why today, all cars don't employ the C6 system. FOB in your pocket, no need for keys to unlock or start the car. I wish all cars were like that.

The benefits outweigh the negatives. Just think, even in movies, never will you see the scene where the woman runs away from the murderer, fumbling with her keys trying to get into the car, fumbling again with them to try to get them in the ignition and then not being able to start the car.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeMaster
Seriously? I'm in the opposite camp. I see no reason why today, all cars don't employ the C6 system. FOB in your pocket, no need for keys to unlock or start the car. I wish all cars were like that.
I agree. The FOB in pocket system is much more convenient.

My 2008 CTS took the middle ground by using a keyless switch that you turn instead of pushing. I guess it was a way to transition traditional Cadillac buyers into new technology and maybe the analog clock was used for the same reason

Ignition switch contact issues creating odd engine and transmission issues/errors are a fairly common issue with GM's full size pickup and SUV line and the electronic start button gets away from this issue. I think most of the GM line that still uses a real key has "start assist" or whatever GM calls it that will keep the starter motor engaged a short time to start the engine if the owner releases the key too quickly. Even those controls which look "old school" are often just a mask covering newer technology.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
LancePearson
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree good button. Parking brake..trannies all likely to be electric perhaps
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra
393rwhp/388lbs This isnt a guess either
what do you mean its not a guess ?