Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
blackcorvette06
CF Senior Member
 
blackcorvette06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Location: North Hollywood CA
mike macias
Default C7 Convertible

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...te-convertible
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by blackcorvette06; 10-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.
blackcorvette06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Thanks...good spot. I can't believe that isn't the same convertible top and frame as the C6! Although I will say the upper back corner of the passenger window cloth looks a lot more rounded than the C6's. And I might add that the top looks smoother.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by BlueOx; 10-23-2012 at 08:03 PM.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
z edge
CF Senior Member
 
z edge's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: BOOMER SOONER
Default

very interesting...
z edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
burtonbl103
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13
 
burtonbl103's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2004
Location: Boston MA
Default

looks allot more rounded
burtonbl103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
DREAMERAK
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DREAMERAK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOx View Post
Thanks...good spot. I can't believe that isn't the same convertible top and frame as the C6! Although I will say the upper back corner of the passenger window cloth looks a lot more rounded than the C6's. And I might add that the top looks smoother.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
It could be a folding panel top that is cloth covered, like Porsche is doing with the new 911
DREAMERAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
lake_bueller
CF Senior Member
 
lake_bueller's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Green Bay WI
Default

Looks like you can see the ribbing a little better in the second picture. Curious to see the two models side by side. I love my C5 drop top (except for the horrible blindspots!!). But I could be sold on the C7 convertible if it's "that good".
lake_bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Default

I wish they would make an aluminum or carbon fiber retractable hard top.
Stingray23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
DREAMERAK
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DREAMERAK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake_bueller View Post
Looks like you can see the ribbing a little better in the second picture. Curious to see the two models side by side. I love my C5 drop top (except for the horrible blindspots!!). But I could be sold on the C7 convertible if it's "that good".
That second pic is a C6
DREAMERAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Chris Draper
CF Senior Member
 
Chris Draper's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Gilbert Arizona
chrisdraper2007 CRjakeFAN
Default

Much, Much, Much better then the current top.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
Much, Much, Much better then the current top.
I fail to see how you can tell it is 3 muches better!
After some study I would say the C7 top is slightly lower than the C6's. But it is hard to tell much because of the differences in lighting, angle, etc. It could be that there is less headroom in the C7.

Last edited by BlueOx; 10-23-2012 at 09:18 PM.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
RC000E
CF Senior Member
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Default

Just a super quickie to highlight what I'm seeing here...

It appears there may be something different than Jalopnik in this front bumper. It would make sense, that in ALMS, since going GT they've gone back to iron rotors and the Ferrari's out brake them. Bigger front brake ducting would be a great enhancement for the race cars.

This front appears to have large outer brake ducts and seems to have a small "jagged" design in the leading edge of the front bumper that Jalopnik didn't show. Hard to tell, but it appears that way. Also appears to be a license plate mounting in the mouth as well possibly. And that convertible top looks phenominal!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
GordyRay
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
GordyRay's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Owings Maryland
Default This test mule looks allot like the C6

I like the top. It doesn't show the two support bars across the top. Much like the Porsche using a composite top covered in soft-top material. The smooth look is very appealing. It surely doesn't look like you could have a back seat in the car. I am glad to see that nonsense is cleared up. The front end looks just like the advertisement we saw back in the summer.
Hopefully you will be able to raise/lower the top while on the move if under 30 mph. Overall the test mule certainly looks like a Corvette and that is a good thing. Now give me more power, less weight, better interior and a decent sound and most of us will be thrilled.
Cheers,
Fuze
GordyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #13
Chris Draper
CF Senior Member
 
Chris Draper's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Gilbert Arizona
chrisdraper2007 CRjakeFAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOx View Post
I fail to see how you can tell it is 3 muches better!
After some study I would say the C7 top is slightly lower than the C6's. But it is hard to tell much because of the differences in lighting, angle, etc. It could be that there is less headroom in the C7.
What I mean by that is that you can not see the giant ribs. It's much smoother.

Click the image to open in full size.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
What I mean by that is that you can not see the giant ribs. It's much smoother.
I agree it does look smoother and lower.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
snide
CF Senior Member
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11
 
snide's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard on duty.
Send a message via AIM to snide Send a message via MSN to snide Send a message via Skype™ to snide
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
rcallen484
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
rcallen484's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMERAK View Post
That second pic is a C6
Not in the original post. Both pictures are of the same car.
rcallen484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
TractionControlOff
CF Senior Member
 
TractionControlOff's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Bergen County (Ridgewood) New Jersey
TractControlOff tractioncontroloff
Default

It's interesting...there's so much Ferrari influence on this car (or so it seems) that I thought there might actually be a folding hardtop Corvette coming with the C7. I really think that convertible tops on sports cars will be a thing of the past in the not-so-distant future.
TractionControlOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
John T
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: lisbon ,md,usa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post
Just a super quickie to highlight what I'm seeing here...

It appears there may be something different than Jalopnik in this front bumper. It would make sense, that in ALMS, since going GT they've gone back to iron rotors and the Ferrari's out brake them. Bigger front brake ducting would be a great enhancement for the race cars.

This front appears to have large outer brake ducts and seems to have a small "jagged" design in the leading edge of the front bumper that Jalopnik didn't show. Hard to tell, but it appears that way. Also appears to be a license plate mounting in the mouth as well possibly. And that convertible top looks phenominal!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
WTF !!! Don't you guys see this ??? Another ugly *** camo mule with a perfect BLUE top.

Everybody knows the Ox wheels a Vert !! This is the first special edition C7 - The Blue Ox edition C7 ! OMG...
John T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
Rkoetting
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControlOff View Post
It's interesting...there's so much Ferrari influence on this car (or so it seems) that I thought there might actually be a folding hardtop Corvette coming with the C7. I really think that convertible tops on sports cars will be a thing of the past in the not-so-distant future.
Any chance that part of the "camo" is a fabric covered retracting hardtop? That was my first thought when I saw the lack of distinct ribs.
Rkoetting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T View Post
WTF !!! Don't you guys see this ??? Another ugly *** camo mule with a perfect BLUE top.

Everybody knows the Ox wheels a Vert !! This is the first special edition C7 - The Blue Ox edition C7 ! OMG...
Thanks for noticing...yeah, they needed to test with one and I lent them mine...I'm actually driving but you just can't see me.
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page C7 Convertible
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Is This ? No HardTop Vert ? matthewelle C7 General Discussion 90 02-17-2013 04:57 PM
What's the difference ? Mr.Chevy C7 General Discussion 23 10-31-2012 11:03 AM
Slide Show Test Glennm27 Testing 1 09-25-2012 04:52 PM
Theory about the Tail-lights chiefttp C7 General Discussion 58 09-19-2012 11:49 AM
I want this job! BlueOx C7 General Discussion 21 09-17-2012 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2