Sponsored by:

Round Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
John, it seems as though you are correct. They seem to be mimicking the Ferrari F12 short rear deck. I am not a fan of that look typically...makes the car look stationwagon-like. The CTS coupe also has a very short rear deck and it looks pretty funky (I like the 4 door CTS much better).

I hope the rear doesn't appear so short in person. I think it just might be the angle of the latest CAD picture that is making it seem so short...I don't notice it on the camo photos.
You are right Paul, the camo cars look less slingshot like and that is probably a good thing.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stew24
No doubt, when compared, the new lights on the new car belong!
Let me put this out on the tail lights.
The keeksCAD is showing 2 rectangular boxes per side. Now if you look at Jalopnik ,the face of both boxes are silver, like the car. On the keeksCAD the face of the boxes are red , like the car. We can't see inside these boxes from this angle but I believe if you could you would see 2 half circle red taillights just like the rear shot that MikeG37 did with the tapered window car ( keeks said this was "dead nuts on").

Also, keeks said lights were half circle cut off at top by bezel.

I believe the flat face part of these rectangular boxes are "color coded to the car" and that part does not light.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Let me put this out on the tail lights.
The keeksCAD is showing 2 rectangular boxes per side. Now if you look at Jalopnik ,the face of both boxes are silver, like the car. On the keeksCAD the face of the boxes are red , like the car. We can't see inside these boxes from this angle but I believe if you could you would see 2 half circle red taillights just like the rear shot that MikeG37 did with the tapered window car ( keeks said this was "dead nuts on").

Also, keeks said lights were half circle cut off at top by bezel.

I believe the flat face part of these rectangular boxes are "color coded to the car" and that part does not light.

I am thinking these colored light might be a big expense for GM. Not sure that would be practical from a mass production standpoint....I could be wrong though...
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy on DC photoshopped this pic and I could learn to live with the lights if they looked like this! Totally changed it when they got rid of the masked bandit black around them. Not 100% even with these but closer to 80%.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

^^^
I like that.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stew24
No doubt, when compared, the new lights on the new car belong!
I believe that at least some of this taillight bezel will be color coded to the car. Inside this bezel will reside a half circle taillight that is very similar to what the CF renderings have previously shown.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Eddard Stark
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 91redragtop

A guy on DC photoshopped this pic and I could learn to live with the lights if they looked like this! Totally changed it when they got rid of the masked bandit black around them. Not 100% even with these but closer to 80%.
This would look okay if the outside light rounded up on the outside corner, giving it kind of a evil grin look.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 AM
ELOC
Racer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ELOC

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I must say ... after looking at what some of you think looks good, ... Thank God you don't work for GM Designs!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm dissapointed with all these pictures including the original one.

Beauty

Why?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

The wheels in your pictures kind of suck imo...
Old 09-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Chris Draper
Drifting

Location: Gilbert, Arizona Currently Own: 1998 Coupe YouTube: My Corvette Life
Received 495 Likes on 208 Posts

The rendering of that black C7 ZR1 looks awesome but realistically that car would have the hardest suspension in the world and would rip the underside to shreds on most real world roads, let alone any speed bumps or driveways.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

They have screwed up the rear half on this C7. The Halo that many people like and the trademark rear of the Vette are now gone. Heck, it dont even look like a Corvette from the rear half. Most Vettes people can instantly tell what car it is just by the shape. Now many people dont know what kind of car it is until you tell them. Most say "It dont look like a Corvette"... The C6 GS may be the Best Vette Yet for a LOOOOOONNNGGG time to come.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:02 AM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by PureSwank

This SCREAMS Corvette!!!

The Jalopnik renders and the keeks CADs drawings DO NOT.

However, I do see "Corvette" under the camo cars and I have yet to see a concept drawing that ever matches the real deal 100%. I don't know how much of it is the padding, but if the lines under the camo hold true then there's definitely a Corvette laying in hiding under all that black and white.

There's no doubt that the C6 raised the bar for Corvette exterior design and with that comes great expectations for the new model. It's going to be hard to follow the C6 exterior wise. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by jr3
They have screwed up the rear half on this C7. The Halo that many people like and the trademark rear of the Vette are now gone. Heck, it dont even look like a Corvette from the rear half. . Most Vettes people can instantly tell what car it is just by the shape. Now many people dont know what kind of car it is until you tell them. Most say "It dont look like a Corvette"... The C6 GS may be the Best Vette Yet for a LOOOOOONNNGGG time to come.
Im a big fan of the new look, profile and stance of the car. Plus
If it has Corvette in lettering on the rear as has been said, it will be unmistakably and irrefutably a Vette.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Nuieve
Intermediate

I love C6, I plan to buy it... but I do realize those round taillights are dated as crap... in the context of rear bumper. Many itailan supercars put them on their cars and it's alright, they intergrate them into their design whilst Corvette them basically spit-and-slapped onto their rear bumper... They're old, really old, especially since there's minimal difference between C5 and C6 rear bumpers compared to C7 drastic redesign which makes C6 redesign like stirring water in a cup. Still, love C6, but it's time to move on.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuieve
I love C6, I plan to buy it... but I do realize those round taillights are dated as crap... in the context of rear bumper. Many itailan supercars put them on their cars and it's alright, they intergrate them into their design whilst Corvette them basically spit-and-slapped onto their rear bumper... They're old, really old, especially since there's minimal difference between C5 and C6 rear bumpers compared to C7 drastic redesign which makes C6 redesign like stirring water in a cup. Still, love C6, but it's time to move on.
I couldn't have said it better. I have been hoping all along ths car does not even resemble a C5/C6. Must we live in the past forever? It indeed is time to move on.

Get notified of new replies

To Round Tail Lights

Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
I couldn't have said it better. I have been hoping all along ths car does not even resemble a C5/C6. Must we live in the past forever? It indeed is time to move on.

Good taste is timeless; change for the sake of change alone does not necessarily make things better - just different.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Good taste is timeless; change for the sake of change alone does not necessarily make things better - just different.

Then go buy a C5 or a C6.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by jr3
They have screwed up the rear half on this C7. The Halo that many people like and the trademark rear of the Vette are now gone. Heck, it dont even look like a Corvette from the rear half. Most Vettes people can instantly tell what car it is just by the shape. Now many people dont know what kind of car it is until you tell them. Most say "It dont look like a Corvette"... The C6 GS may be the Best Vette Yet for a LOOOOOONNNGGG time to come.
Well, the good news is there will be many great deals on all C6 corvettes. If I don't like what I see from the C7, I will have absolutely ZERO reservations about buying a used C6. Little bit of a suspension drop and a new set of seats and you will have one of the meanest and best looking cars on the street. It's all good

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-30-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Round Tail Lights