C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???

With all we know now from Keeks, and with looking at this Jalopnik Render we see all the cues being met. Notice they show the bumper cover and diffuser in contrasting colors. There ain't much left the camo has to conceal!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

This early render ever has right that funky spoiler that Keeks' CAD showed us! (When I say right, I mean ... how much closer can a drawing get?)
Old 09-29-2012, 10:20 AM
BMWDAD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! starting to agree with this assessment
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If this is true, then how can Jalopnik be worshiped and Keeks be crucified for showing us essentially the same thing?!!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:30 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Luster
If this is true, then how can Jalopnik be worshiped and Keeks be crucified for showing us essentially the same thing?!!!!
I'm guessing here but I think it is a matter of where the actual CAD files came from. The Jalopnik images aren't CAD files.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Unless GM is going to play a switch-a-roo on us, this is what I see under the camo too. However, I don't believe the lights on the latest CAD drawing are accurate. Just a gut feeling...
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Well in the past they have put prior year panels on the upcoming Vette to conceal it.If in fact that JALOPNIK thing up there is the new Vette then I'm glad I have a C6 to enjoy for many years.It does not take my breath away like the C6 did when I first saw it.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Like it or not, that is 99%, the C7.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
got2bblu
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 95 Posts

This one has headlight washers. We don't need no stinkin headlight washers.

Originally Posted by Stew24

Old 09-29-2012, 01:27 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

The Camaro also has a contrasting color diffuser. Pretty similar to that one.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Z-Rated
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I'm guessing here but I think it is a matter of where the actual CAD files came from. The Jalopnik images aren't CAD files.
Who's to say that they didn't use CAD file images as an underlay. Funny how close those sketches appear to be.....
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

No but maybe their pics came from CAD files and not "pic of pics"

Their rendering drawings came out awfully early in this spy game, and were awfully close to the real thing. I think them being "artist renderings" is what kept them from being in major hot water, and they knew it.

I say this because I don't believe for a second that they say the real car when they said they did......You know we can't trust the liberal media to tell the truth....
Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Z-Rated
Drifting

Originally Posted by CarBoy

Their rendering drawings came out awfully early in this spy game, and were awfully close to the real thing. I think them being "artist renderings" is what kept them from being in major hot water, and they knew it.

I say this because I don't believe for a second that they say the real car when they said they did......You know we can't trust the liberal media to tell the truth....
Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by CarBoy

They may have had CAD files (not that we'd know if they did or not) but they sure didn't show GM CAD files on their site to an international audience.

I take them at their word that they somehow got to see real cars or car parts (I assume at some test site) because I have no way to prove otherwise.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Z-Rated
Drifting

They may have had CAD files (not that we'd know if they did or not) but they sure didn't show GM CAD files on their site to an international audience.

I take them at their word that they somehow got to see real cars or car parts (I assume at some test site) because I have no way to prove otherwise.

Because the images lack perspective it's easy to see that there was some CAD reference in their creation. How could they possibly see a car for that long and be able to "draw" three detailed perspectives !!! And not take a photo...hmmm....maybe they didn't have a camera on their phone ??!! yes that's it !! no phone just a nice big sketch pad, with a real good insightful description !! Of course they have not been able to repeat this act on any other cars !! Maybe their "chosen" artist went to work for a real company, one that would pay for his truely exceptoional talent !!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
I said it back when it first appeared and I'll say it again now, I do like that white car.
If the rest of the car is going to be all (460+hp, improved fuel economy, updated/'world class style' interior etc.) that it's being rumored to be, I could grow to love the next generation Corvette if it looks like that.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
Because the images lack perspective it's easy to see that there was some CAD reference in their creation. How could they possibly see a car for that long and be able to "draw" three detailed perspectives !!! And not take a photo...hmmm....maybe they didn't have a camera on their phone ??!! yes that's it !! no phone just a nice big sketch pad, with a real good insightful description !! Of course they have not been able to repeat this act on any other cars !! Maybe their "chosen" artist went to work for a real company, one that would pay for his truely exceptoional talent !!
CAD files DO have 3D perspective and nobody said they didn't have access to CAD files. They just didn't SHOW obvious GM CAD files on their web site.

Who said they didn't take detailed photos? They said they spent 7 hrs. around the "sheetmetal".

Get notified of new replies

To Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???

Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

origins?

De Ja View?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Z-Rated
Drifting

CAD files DO have 3D perspective and nobody said they didn't have access to CAD files. They just didn't SHOW obvious GM CAD files on their web site.

Who said they didn't take detailed photos? They said they spent 7 hrs. around the "sheetmetal".

Cad files can have 3D perspective if it is selected. Normal working files
in an a UG orthographic lay out will not. The front 3/4 image from Japnik clearly shows the perspective is diverging and not converging to a single point perspective The reason Japnik didn't expose the GM Cad files because they would have been accused of stealing future product info. As you remember GM did not state or support their claim. And yes of course, GM always leaves future products on the roadside with no watch or camo....for 7 hrs. !!! Unbelievable !!!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

They have the spoiler, I'm looking forward to the rear window C7 louvers!

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 09-29-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Guess we all Forgot about this Jalopnik Render???