Sponsored by:

"Automobile" magazine has posted new spy photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,432 Likes on 2,268 Posts

The bulging butt will take some getting used to, if in fact that stays.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
IMO someone has effed up and Jalopnik saw the car. They've got the main body line curves dead on. Look at the quarter panel line and then how high the fender line is creating an overly high belt-line; seems to be the norm in modern design (see the new Camaro).

Trinity rendering based off of Jalopnik

Latest spy photo.... other side, but you can really see the quarter panel/fender creases match exactly.

Just my $0.02, but I think we've basically seen the car. Overall I do like it, but if given the choice I'd go buy the new Viper in a heartbeat. Far sexier/dynamic design.
I know it's full of camo, but that front fender, the area between the front of the door and front wheel well, looks massive and out of proportion. C6 looks better proportioned there...
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Here is a link.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spie...quarters-view/

I know I will regret saying this, but the two center taillights sure do look circular to me.
I'm wondering if the inside tail lights are round and are for the turn signals, and the outside tail lights are more Camaro like for the running and brake lights. Both sets do look sunken down in a bezel. Anybodies guess at this point.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I know it's full of camo, but that front fender, the area between the front of the door and front wheel well, looks massive and out of proportion. C6 looks better proportioned there...
The camo is not following the wheel well's arch. The camo is being pulled tight, almost to a straight line, making the distance beween the back edge of the wheel opening to the rear edge of the front tender look greater then it is.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I agree. I mentioned in a post last night that it could be "swoopier" if not for the latest iteration of crash and pedestrian impact standards. Cars in general are getting very high belt lines. The fender crease just stays too high IMO.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Yeah, I did. That is why I posted it. What is your explanation?
I didn't have one, that's why I asked. It's not clouds; it's too consistent across all the photos. Some striated artifact is in every image with a decent angle on that area.

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Could be some air brushed lines to fool the observer's eyes.
Could be. It's certainly messing with mine.

It won't look massive and out of proportion when you can see the styling elements (vent and body lines) hiding under that camo. Cover the same section of a C6 (as was done with camo before C6's introduction) and it'll also look odd.

.Jinx
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

I just noticed what seems to be that line that runs along the top of the side fender vent (i.e. the line that forms the top of the "7" style side vent...if that makes sense).

If you look closely, it seems to be there...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jinx
Cover the same section of a C6 (as was done with camo before C6's introduction) and it'll also look odd.

.Jinx
I hope you are right...the C6 looks much shorter here to me.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

I hope you are right...the C6 looks much shorter here to me.
I don't think your eyes are fooling you.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I'm wondering if the inside tail lights are round and are for the turn signals, and the outside tail lights are more Camaro like for the running and brake lights. Both sets do look sunken down in a bezel. Anybodies guess at this point.
Also the rear hatch glass looks as flat as it does in the jalponik renderings and the lammers rendering's, wonder where they got that idea from?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look at photos 3 & 7. You can see where they padded out the top of the rear bumper to make it look wider. The top of the bumper is going to swoop in a lot more than it looks like with the camo on.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jinx
I didn't have one, that's why I asked. It's not clouds; it's too consistent across all the photos. Some striated artifact is in every image with a decent angle on that area.
So what is it?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlueOx
So what is it?
It looks to me like the front of the roof panel swoops down to the windshield a lot more than the C6. Could it just be a weird reflection?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Now that I think of it, I have seen similar striations in certain light with my blue roof panel.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I think GM has done some creative painting under the camo to disguise the rear lights. On the rear shot, look at the white/black lines around the lights. On the passenger side, the outer light, on the inner side, is straight on the bottom with a straight side going up at about 95 degrees included. The inner taillight has the straight bottom with the inner edge going straight up at around 110 degrees included.

Then compare to the taillights on the drivers side that are rounded on the white/black. No consistency beween the passenger side and the drivers side which makes me believe they are both doctored so when you look through the mesh, you are not seeing the true shape.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Imagine it with a great big gill opening there. I think the C6 is bigger there than you think.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
Imagine it with a great big gill opening there. I think the C6 is bigger there than you think.
Maybe, if the vent opening is large enough. However, if jalopnik is accurate, seems to me the vent is very GT-Rish...

Get notified of new replies

To "Automobile" magazine has posted new spy photos

Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

I think I've figured it out. The white with the weird black lines is a vinyl wrap and they roughly cut out openings for the taillights, etc. Then covered it with padded camo. It's clear if you compare the tailights from one side of the car to the other. Also, look at the passenger door at the front where the vinyl wrap has come loose and is flopping around.

I'm betting the taillights are round.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 AM
The running man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm liking the design of the top and the way the exhaust is set up. My excitement level to see this car is through the roof. Darn you GM for making me wait until January.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 AM
BMWDAD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MOTOR TRENDS COMMENTS

http://wot.motortrend.com/spied-2014...ds-261503.html

Quick Reply: "Automobile" magazine has posted new spy photos