Sponsored by:

Our new C7 visualization video on youtube

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM
saetta
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_Lammers
I wanted to put up a formal note to the members here, as I am a long time member of the Corvette Forum.

We spent a few months making a sort of TV commercial for our best estimate of the new C7 design (using the spy photos, Omega nose/tail, and especially the Jalopnik illustrations). I thought you would be really interested to see it. We posted it in full HD so you can switch the quality to 1080p and go full screen if you really want a good look at it. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfFyZ3aaiQg
Today it is the headline item on Jalopnik.com!

Also I did a little "behind the scenes" web site about it at
http://www.myc7.us

If you have any questions feel free to post.

thanks

Jim
You have great talent and tremendous vision. To finally see some depth and sculpture in the rendering of vehicle is a great benefit. It seems you have somewhat raised the acceptance level of this controversial design. Kudos.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Jim_Lammers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Jim, does the new car seem larger, smaller or the same?
Pretty close to the same. For trying to get proportions right we used the C6 for comparison and made it come in at a similar proportion, so it is by design. I bet the new C7 is <1" shorter in length and pretty similar otherwise...
Old 08-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Jim_Lammers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by John T
Great point...I just jumped to YouTube and found the new Cad XTS headlight demo and it has the light tubes! I think we are safe.
I agree it would look better. I took a second look at a spy photo and it may be a light tube...
Old 08-18-2012, 11:30 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

When i first saw the Jalopnik rendering, after i quit throwing up and crying like a baby, i went out to the garage and hugged my C6 for what might have been hours.

After seeing this video, the wheels in my head began to spin, and i went to the fridge and grabbed a beer. And then another, and then another...well anyway...then i went out into the garage and looked at my C6 and imagined this C7 sitting right beside it.

deep thought require lots of beers

Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I agree it would look better. I took a second look at a spy photo and it may be a light tube...
Thanks Jim, I have ordered this car and this is really good stuff !
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Your rendition of the c7 is in the right direction. I believe when GM does their own video of the c7 it will show the details of the design that you are missing. I will say nice animation.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Weely
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice video. Thanks for doing it. It made the new vette look better than some other drawings I've seen. In particular the area behind the side windows in your video looked good.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:29 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The animation work is outstanding. Amazing job. The car is ugly though I really hope GM will surprise us all. I really want to feel the need of getting into a C7 some day but we will see.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

I agree it's not quite there, I'm confident the GM design will be sexier from all angles.
THAT'S a relief!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:18 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

great animation, but you got the C-pillar all wrong. makes the whole car look like crap.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:18 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Jim, What is your take on this 4 seater rumor?? Did something like that ever come into your thoughts while on this project?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by m48xhp
great animation, but you got the C-pillar all wrong. makes the whole car look like crap.
how do you know this?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At risk of sounding like I live in the 80's (sometimes I still do), what a totally awesome video. I had to watch it twice, because I was so awed by what I saw. What a wonderful interpretation of the C7. I thank you and your collaborators on what must be many, many grueling hours to work on this project. My husband and I also love your work on the "Archer" show. But back to the video......if your research is correct and I am assuming it is, this rendering gives me hope for the C7 to be more awesome than I could have imagined. This video makes me want to camp out at my local Chevy dealership to put down a deposit! Great job!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
how do you know this?
because the C-pillar on this:

looks NOTHING like the C-pillar on the car in their video. the quarter window is too tall and curved, for reasons I dont understand.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Fantastic video! Thanks JIM for the effort/work!!!

Jim,
In the previous thread I stated that the video was good but the car was ugly. Then I saw your message to view the video in HD and full screen.
I did just that. I hooked my computer up to my 65" TV and watched the video several times. The larger picture did wonders. I had to provide free beer to get the same four guys back over to my house to watch the video again. (3 of 4 guys have Corvettes). Everyone had a change of heart except for the flat back end. It appears to be cut off too abruptly. Hopefully in person the back will jump out better for us.

We do like your "behind the secenes" picture the best. You get a better guess at the "3-D" appearance. We (to include several family members) are beginning to like the car but there is an overall agreement that a ZR-1 spoiler would look better than what is there now; similar to the car magazine rendition that showed the 'bow-tie' on the back. Also some in the group had the same comment that was mentioned earlier about the C-pillar being off from the Jalopnik rendition.
I wanted to thank you for all the work on this video. This is the best that CF members have to even get close to the C7 up to now. Hopefully the actual C7 car will be better.
Obviously sports cars in pictures do not look as good as in person/real life viewing. As I stated in the previous thread, GM leaders like the C7 and won't let an ugle Corvette come out. (1st hand message I received)
We are eager to see your additional photos/videos that show more colors or angles to include stripes like the 2013 model year.
Great video, thanks for the entertainment & early pre-view.
Cheers
Fuze
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by m48xhp
To be brutally honest, after seeing these latest renderings/videos, the sharper/sleeker lines of this Jalopnik rendering are starting to look A LOT better right about now LOL.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

I appreciate the effort & quality of work made on the video but to me it is like being the make up artist for Tammy Faye Baker.

Get notified of new replies

To Our new C7 visualization video on youtube

Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
To be brutally honest, after seeing these latest renderings/videos, the sharper/sleeker lines of this Jalopnik rendering are starting to look A LOT better right about now LOL.
I have to agree, the jalopnik renders look WAY better than that vid
Old 08-20-2012, 12:38 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
I have to agree, the jalopnik renders look WAY better than that vid
Maybe that's part of the plan?
Maybe GM/Chevrolet saw all of the negative fallout/banter over the Jalopnik photos (which may just be the 'real thing') and they snuck this video out there to make the original renderings look better and drive people more towards appreciating it LOL.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM
DarkKnight Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incredible job on the video. At first I liked the Jalopnick photos. I didn't love them, but I liked certain parts and wasn't a fan of others.

So I figured the C7 would look good and futuristic but the C6 would still hold its own next to it. So I planned on buying a 2013 grandsport within the next month or two.

After seeing your video, I am having second thoughts. I may have to just hold out a bit longer, put a deposit down at my favorite dealership, and get a slot for a 2014 C7

I REALLY think this car looks good. And in your renderings, it does actually look like it would have room for Porsche 911 sized rear seats.

Excellent work fellas! You just resparked my interest in the C7. Looks to be one hell of a car.

Quick Reply: Our new C7 visualization video on youtube