Sponsored by:

Finally the Truth!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Finally the Truth!

You guys aren't arguing about this stuff I picked up here too?

The new Corvette C7 debuts at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and expect it to come into the world with a roar. Bolder, more aggressive styling, a reworked direct-injected 6.2L V8, a lightening quick dual-clutch transmission and a world-class interior will make it the mightiest version of America's Sports Car yet. We’ll be covering the next-generation Corvette from performance to pricing, so stay tuned!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo

The new Corvette C7 debuts at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and expect it to come into the world with a roar. Bolder, more aggressive styling, a reworked direct-injected 6.2L V8, a lightening quick dual-clutch transmission and a world-class interior will make it the mightiest version of America's Sports Car yet. We’ll be covering the next-generation Corvette from performance to pricing, so stay tuned!

I like everything I'm reading...where did you get the quote from?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:33 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
I like everything I'm reading...
Me too.

We might be LOL.

And this is from where exactly?
High ranking GM/Chevrolet officials/engineers, or a car magazine?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

I can see the auto mag reviews in my mind..."The Best Vette Yet"
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I could go for all that, I love dual clutches and if it goes Di with the 6.2l how much power are we looking at? And a better interior would be nice even though I spent over 1K to better mine with the DSV stuff, Great products they have.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

". . . lightening quick . . ."
Old 07-07-2012, 05:48 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

I just want to make sure that you know why people tend to question or be apprehensive about information such as this and how it is presented, there is a big distinction between 'what will be' and 'what people want to be'.
In my opinion, most (all?) of the info we've received about this car has stemmed/originated from an amalgamation of people's (magazine writers/editors, car salesmen, the general public, us here on CF etc.) beliefs or desires/hopes of what the car will be, not from any fact based tangible evidence.

Some of us have been posting for months (years even) about engine sizes and transmission options/choices and those very postings might have even influenced what others are now writing about the car and it's potential contents.
In other words, if we were all to post enough times, in enough threads on enough message boards that the next Corvette will have a 7L V10 engine, you can rest assured that a few months from now someone in some position of journalistic clout/credibility might even quote that V10 as something that the next Corvette is in fact believed to incorporate LOL.

I hate to sound so negative and skeptical but I would just like to see the speculative rumors separated from the actual facts for once when people post this "breaking news".
Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I just want to make sure that you know why people tend to question or be apprehensive about information such as this and how it is presented, there is a big distinction between 'what will be' and 'what people want to be'.
In my opinion, most (all?) of the info we've received about this car has stemmed/originated from an amalgamation of people's (magazine writers/editors, car salesmen, the general public, us here on CF etc.) beliefs or desires/hopes of what the car will be, not from any fact based tangible evidence.

Some of us have been posting for months (years even) about engine sizes and transmission options/choices and those very postings might have even influenced what others are now writing about the car and it's potential contents.
In other words, if we were all to post enough times, in enough threads on enough message boards that the next Corvette will have a 7L V10 engine, you can rest assured that a few months from now someone in some position of journalistic clout/credibility might even quote as something that the next Corvette is in fact believed to incorporate LOL.

I hate to sound so negative and skeptical but I would just like to see the speculative rumors separated from the actual facts for once when people post this "breaking news".
But probably will never happen till it debutes.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
I like everything I'm reading...where did you get the quote from?
They read it on CF.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:58 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So that's what they call that rear end, aggressive
Old 07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
They read it on CF.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Dude's go to the first page under C7, and I know I hadn't ever read it before either!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Dude's go to the first page under C7, and I know I hadn't ever read it before either!
Yeah, after having been already posting in here for quite a while I too first saw that about 4-5 months ago as well.

Some of that info is likely about as accurate and factual as the 'mid engined twin turbo V6' rumors LOL.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Credibility!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Yeah, after having been already posting in here for quite a while I too first saw that about 4-5 months ago as well.

Some of that info is likely about as accurate and factual as the 'mid engined twin turbo V6' rumors LOL.
If this was my job I wouldn't put total B.S. up there!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

jesus tap dancing christ, STOP POSTING CRAP
Old 07-08-2012, 10:22 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I doubt the 6.2L DI engine. I believe the displacement will be smaller, especially if DI is reality for the new motor. Power from a 6.2L DI motor would be GREAT, though. Probably into the 480hp range or better.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

The description of the C7 Corvette section on the Corvette Forum home page is not authoritative.

I read that C7's frame rails are made of a lightweight open-cell structure, bonded with organic adhesive, and galvanized with a special coating that gives them a brown hue. This source goes back almost three years, when the core elements of the car were being determined.
source

This is the kind of radical shift that not everyone is quite ready for; weight reduction will be significant.

My source also states that production will double.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally the Truth!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jinx
I read that C7's frame rails are made of a lightweight open-cell structure, bonded with organic adhesive, and galvanized with a special coating that gives them a brown hue.
Oh, well, yeah obviously, I mean everyone knows the car will have that of course.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
hihoSilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so doesnt direct injection mean you can use 87 octane, or is this just bs?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM
REZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Everyone has a souce...!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally the Truth!