Sponsored by:

Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:32 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
OK, this has nothing to do with Rick Conti but I am going to ask a question I haven't heard anyone else ask.

Look closely at this picture, specifically at the transaxle area below the pipes under the car. Is that the same transaxle you have on your C6? It doesn't look like my '05. Is it maybe like your later model Vette? Mine has an anti-roll bar that is really obvious and this one doesn't. BTW, I can't really tell much about it otherwise than it has 7+ white LED-looking backup lights in the center of the tailights. CLICK on the bar above the pic to see it much larger.
it really looks like some kind of pressure hose hanging down in the back, like a power steering pressure hose...the black rubber part connected to a metal line

maybe thats just me though
Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Basically just a culmination of things we have heard. The LED lights can be seen on the mule on the videos. And I agree that masked and unmasked test cars should be running around tracks anytime now. Shouldn't be long before we see more of the car.
where have we seen led's on the mule or even the jalopnik photos???

i dont remember seeing any
Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those "rectangular things" are simply part of the camo. The taillights may be shaped like that, and they may not. Way too early to worry too much about it.
Where do you get that from? They are clearly a part of the body as shown in the rendering.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Look for a upgrade to the NAV System with C7. Obvious need that will be addressed.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by jdhommert
where have we seen led's on the mule or even the jalopnik photos???

i dont remember seeing any
Originally Posted by JLinNY
Where do you get that from? They are clearly a part of the body as shown in the rendering.
Look at the pic in the post one above jdhommert and two above JLinNY. Sure looks like a round tail light lens with LEDs in it to me...........?
Old 07-08-2012, 03:58 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Look at the pic in the post one above jdhommert and two above JLinNY. Sure looks like a round tail light lens with LEDs in it to me...........?
I'm not talking about the tail lights!! No one can see what it going on there. I am talking about those lower rectangular body parts on either side of the rear bumper cover. The ones that look just like what is shown in the jalopy rendering.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant tell with the camo over it but I think the rear lights are gonna look good on the vette! I cant wait until january! 5 more months!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm not talking about the tail lights!! No one can see what it going on there. I am talking about those lower rectangular body parts on either side of the rear bumper cover. The ones that look just like what is shown in the jalopy rendering.
there is obvious similarity with the details you note between the rear view spy photo and the Jalopnik rendering. But I'm very skeptical about this being an accurate and final version of what the C7 exterior will finally reveal.

Last night I watched a cable show in part about the inner workings of the design team of a major auto maker. The attention to detail from initial sketches to final clay mule work-ups was extensive to the point of being almost absurd. With that, although the Jalopnik illustrators may be good drawers and got the basics right of what they saw (final production C7?), their rendition could have missed key, minute elements of what the C7 will be in only "a few hours". I hope so for our sake, please!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

They look like vents, for high pressure air under the car and rear wheel wells.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Those "rectangular things" are simply part of the camo. The taillights may be shaped like that, and they may not. Way too early to worry too much about it.
Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Okaaaay then, I guess it's my bad for being so stupid as to assume that you were referring to what you were quoting..........Geez...

Quick Reply: Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog