Sponsored by:

Wishing the C7 has some cool DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Wishing the C7 has some cool DRL LED's

I really hope GM listens and gives us some cool funky tech features like led drl's and obviously the much needed overhaul of the nav system or infotainment system. I would also like to see cooled seats. I hate getting out of the Vette now and sticking to my seat.
What else would you guys like to see ?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I think things will turn out surprisingly well in the interior front.
I for one only care that the body is a homerun.

And let's see some new/nice colors!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Cooled seats sound frivolous... until you're driving across hot country all day, especially in a Corvette. The AC can keep the air positively chilly, and yet your backside still gets warm. It feels like heat is coming up from underneath the car... because it is. It's one feature of my brother's M45 of which I'm most envious, and for which I'm willing to pay what is surely a profitable amount.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:14 PM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would vote strongly for some cool LEDs in the front AND ventilated seats- test drove a 370Z this weekend for fun, & the a/c seats really work!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by CMCvette
I would vote strongly for some cool LEDs in the front AND ventilated seats- test drove a 370Z this weekend for fun, & the a/c seats really work!
In the summer months ventilated seats are really enjoyable.

Cheers,
JB
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd much rather have cooled seats then heated that's for sure. The car throws off enough heat as it is. Maybe this will be resolved in the C7.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:44 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by studiovette
I'd much rather have cooled seats then heated that's for sure. The car throws off enough heat as it is. Maybe this will be resolved in the C7.

Corvettes are used in warm weather more than in cold.

I have heated/cooled seats in my Pickup (driver and passenger), but not in GM's flagship ZR1.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

I say eliminate the numb steering on the C6 for the C7, have an option without nav/fancy lights & other garbage so some of us can have a straight forward sports car. Really all a great sports car needs is good braking, good power, & good handling, everything else hold little interest for me & certainly do not want to pay for it or pay a lot to repair it years later.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've seen more and more sports-car manufactures do beautiful designs with LED for DRLs that gives the car a new edge. Hope to see some tasteful designs for C7.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never knew the Corvette was to become a luxury car now with even more crap that has nothing to do with performance.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

^^^^ My bet is the "younger demographic" so many here & GM seem to want to attract are as interested in being connected & want aids in driving rather than focus on the driving experience.

I prefer to focus on handling, braking, & hope GM at least provides a cheaper model that focuses on that & does not force us to pay for electronic toys that distract from that experience. If not, looks like the C7 will go the direction of the GT-R.

Last edited by zland; 03-25-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:38 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dboz
Never knew the Corvette was to become a luxury car now with even more crap that has nothing to do with performance.
C'mon man, ya gotta have the multi speed 10 way adjustable posturepedic seat (and foot) massagers for both driver and passenger, otherwise the car just CAN'T be considered 'world class' LOL.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Ya know...I'm all for there being a "base" option package for those that want a Vette only as a "pure" sports car experience and nothing else...and I definitely never want the priority on top performance to go away. That said, I still like to have the other things like the electronic toys and cooled seats. I'd like there to be MORE option packages to choose from (since its obvious that "a la carte" options are verboten these days)...so that most folks can get closer to the options they want.

For that matter...What's so wrong with being comfortable while driving fast in a badass car?!?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS44
Ya know...I'm all for there being a "base" option package for those that want a Vette only as a "pure" sports car experience and nothing else...and I definitely never want the priority on top performance to go away. That said, I still like to have the other things like the electronic toys and cooled seats. I'd like there to be MORE option packages to choose from (since its obvious that "a la carte" options are verboten these days)...so that most folks can get closer to the options they want.

For that matter...What's so wrong with being comfortable while driving fast in a badass car?!?
Agreed, but can one actually consider a modern era base Corvette to be a truly uncomfortable, ill equipped car overall?
Standard ice cold A/C, power EVERYTHING, cruise control, leather powered driver's seat (and now powered passenger seat as well for 2013), great storage/interior space, On Star, XM Radio, plush carpeting, well sound deadened etc. etc.
There really is no such thing as a 'racer's Corvette' anymore as they're all very well equipped now, even in base/standard form.

But I do understand that some simply want more and I can appreciate that as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

everyone moans about having all this extra stuff but then you see by far the most popular equipment packages are 2LZ and above. What gives?

I love my 1LZ

Get notified of new replies

To Wishing the C7 has some cool DRL LED's

Quick Reply: Wishing the C7 has some cool DRL LED's