Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Viper Picture Leaked

http://fordgtalley.com/forum/showthr...is-could-it-be
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyway to copy the photo and post it here directly?
I'm not a member on that board and it says we need to be to open that link up.

I know the reveal is this week in NYC and I was considering going but they're all sold out.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1

I know the reveal is this week in NYC and I was considering going but they're all sold out.
Quite an elite club. They request references. Maybe I could say I know George Howell III at the GT Country Club of Santa Barbara.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1

repost the picture on here
Old 04-02-2012, 07:29 AM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA

repost the picture on here
+1 me too
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM
HHZ06
Pro

Someone give me an email and I will send
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

How gay. The not being able to sign up without references part.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I wanna see!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

-Sigh-

Look, you old farts, you know I love you guys and cherish your immeasurable car wisdom, but it's time to get with the times.

1.Download the picture to your hard drive. Right-click and "save" to a place where you can find it. Since you weren't able to figure out what I'm about to tell you on your own, I'd suggest saving it to your desktop.

2.Go to www.imgur.com.

3. Upload the picture using the gigantic button that says "computer."

4. When it finishes, copy the URL (that's the address in the box at the top) and paste it here. If you want to be really fancy, you can paste it into the "insert image" dialogue box and we'll see the picture.

And you're done. No stupid photobucket frames around the image when people hotlink to it later, no sign-ins, no giving up email addresses or personal information, no bandwidth restrictions, no content restrictions, no games, just the ability to easily and quickly upload single pictures or whole albums. You will never come back to a thread in two years to find that the pictures are gone because the "account expired" or any of that other nonsense. Nobody uses Photobucket anymore, it is to sites like imgur what a pager is to an iPhone 4.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It was leaked on April 1?

Yeah, I'm sure it's real
Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
It was leaked on April 1?

Yeah, I'm sure it's real
Considering the car will be premiering this week at an auto show...
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
HHZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Endeka
-Sigh-

Look, you old farts, you know I love you guys and cherish your immeasurable car wisdom, but it's time to get with the times.

1.Download the picture to your hard drive. Right-click and "save" to a place where you can find it. Since you weren't able to figure out what I'm about to tell you on your own, I'd suggest saving it to your desktop.

2.Go to www.imgur.com.

4. When it finishes, copy the URL (that's the address in the box at the top) and paste it here. If you want to be really fancy, you can paste it into the "insert image" dialogue box and we'll see the picture.

And you're done. No stupid photobucket frames around the image when people hotlink to it later, no sign-ins, no giving up email addresses or personal information, no bandwidth restrictions, no content restrictions, no games, just the ability to easily and quickly upload single pictures or whole albums. You will never come back to a thread in two years to find that the pictures are gone because the "account expired" or any of that other nonsense. Nobody uses Photobucket anymore, it is to sites like imgur what a pager is to an iPhone 4.
I have owned and sold 3 High-Tech companies to different Fortune 500 companies. Adding a picture to a thread should be a drag and drop and at no cost. I don't know if the picture is real or not but I would put it's sex-appeal up there with my Ford GT.

And yeah I know what a Desktop is and No I am not going to go through a bunch of trouble to post a picture. Thanks for the directions regardless.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

^ That's not how VBulletin works. The picture is attached to the thread on that other forum and cannot be viewed unless you are a registered member and logged in. You can save it to your computer and attach it here or you can host it on a free site like photobucket etc. etc. There is no "cost" to anyone.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
HHZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by travisnd
^ That's not how VBulletin works. The picture is attached to the thread on that other forum and cannot be viewed unless you are a registered member and logged in. You can save it to your computer and attach it here or you can host it on a free site like photobucket etc. etc. There is no "cost" to anyone.
VBulletin provides for a button called "Manage Attachments" where a dialogue box will appear to upload an image, video or document in various formats. Most Forums don't like to provide that option as they will have to pay for the disk space that hosts the uploads - which is understandable. The corvette forum has a large amount of members and obviously their bill will run-up. What most guys suggest is a work around to link to an image instead of uploading it.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:39 PM
C6-Stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Here it is in torch red

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal...heels.jpg.html
Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Endeka
-Sigh-

2.Go to www.imgur.com.

Umm, yeah, this "old fart" knows most of that already. I've even found ways to successfully post photos without going through all of what you've listed above LOL but that's NOT the problem here.
The problem here is simply just accessing/viewing the damn photo in the first place, never mind copying it/posting it here LOL.
And I too believe it was just an April Fools joke but it was worth a shot LOL.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C6-Stingray
Yes those are the tidbits that have been released already, the one on the Ford GT site is claiming to be a new peak at the real car but I'm questioning it's legitimacy now as it hasn't appeared ANYWHERE else yet.
The internet typically moves pretty damn fast, if it were a real photo it would've been all over Jalopnik/Facebook/SRT Forums and everywhere else already in my opinion.
We'll see the real deal in two days.

Get notified of new replies

To New Viper Picture Leaked

Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

But then again, maybe this was the elusive photo?:

Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The problem here is simply just accessing/viewing the damn photo in the first place, never mind copying it/posting it here LOL.
Right, which is why I was suggesting a way that the photo could be moved into a visible public space. Sorry if that was too remedial for some people, but I see so many different "lol, how does I post pics from my phone onto corvet forum!11!11" posts on here that I want to kill myself. I was suggesting that whoever had access could download them, and upload them to a mirror that was accessible to everyone, including a hotlink from this thread.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

A little 'brighter' shot on the right:

Car could be a hit.

Quick Reply: New Viper Picture Leaked