Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jalopnik: four months ago

Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Jalopnik: four months ago

Jalopnik's C7 illustrations were released four months ago.

The butt is clearly discernible.

Yeah. Lots of people hate the butt Jalopnik drew (and C&D regurgitated). Got it. Hideous, atrocious, awful, won't buy it, ruins the Corvette, first one you weren't immediately in love with, how could they, Camaro, Camaro, omg, OMG, what are they thinking, no one will buy it, morons, idiots, screwups, fire everyone, sharpen the pitchfork, where's my torch, I'm so buying an Othercar GT instead, the streets will run with blood, you made my dog cry, Camaro Camaro Camaro ugly ugly ugly die die die I keep screaming but the pixels don't change mommy make the bad thing go away.

Welcome to every thread here for the past four months.

.Jinx
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx

Yeah. Lots of people hate the butt Jalopnik drew (and C&D regurgitated). Got it. Hideous, atrocious, awful, won't buy it, ruins the Corvette, first one you weren't immediately in love with, how could they, Camaro, Camaro, omg, OMG, what are they thinking, no one will buy it, morons, idiots, screwups, fire everyone, sharpen the pitchfork, where's my torch, I'm so buying an Othercar GT instead, the streets will run with blood, you made my dog cry, Camaro Camaro Camaro ugly ugly ugly die die die I keep screaming but the pixels don't change mommy make the bad thing go away.

.Jinx
So what is wrong with people NOT liking it??? People have a right to their opinions.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.Jinx
So, would you buy the C&D model in a heart beat?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:19 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is just a plastic body panel. The aftermarket will fix it for those having a hissy fit.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by dboz
It is just a plastic body panel. The aftermarket will fix it for those having a hissy fit.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

.Jinx
WOW - having a bad evening yesterday, were ya?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Hundreds of posts of absurd hyperbole thrown at this thing over and over and over and over and over again, much of it by the same folks for four months, some of it by Johnnys-come-lately who can't bother to look at any existing thread or read any posts before "weighing in," but I'm the one having a bad evening? Get a grip, people. Yeah, there's no new info, yeah, you're bored and don't have anything better to do, but this horse was beaten to death and hauled off for glue two months ago and you're just banging on a bloody stain on the ground now. Aren't anyone's arms getting just a little bit tired?

Hasn't anyone noticed how weird the roof looks?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hundreds of posts of absurd hyperbole thrown at this thing over and over and over and over and over again, much of it by the same folks for four months, some of it by Johnnys-come-lately who can't bother to look at any existing thread or read any posts before "weighing in," but I'm the one having a bad evening? Get a grip, people. Yeah, there's no new info, yeah, you're bored and don't have anything better to do, but this horse was beaten to death and hauled off for glue two months ago and you're just banging on a bloody stain on the ground now. Aren't anyone's arms getting just a little bit tired?

Looks like this morning isn't much better! Sorry!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:41 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Jinx, I haven't been around for a couple of months and was just thinking the same thing when I dropped in yesterday. The rear end has been the butt of most of the criticism but the rest of the car isn't so hot either.

I am hoping it's all just a bad joke.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kon_gee
Oh yes, if they make the 2014 'Dragon Vette' edition like they had during the C6 era then I am all over that for sure!

The most gorgeous Corvette EVAR!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

A fool and his money are soon posted.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:04 PM
teddym15
Advanced

Originally Posted by kon_gee

why would they do that...

haha.
It's so bad. I hope this never happens again. ruining a perfectly good car. such a waste.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

A fool and his money are soon posted.

Nah - it doesn't take money - you can post here for free.... Ya don't have to be a paying member.......
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Here are some slight mods.

Last edited by Shaka; 03-15-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Hyperbole indeed.

Oh, and by the way, that is one ugly **** Camaro butt on that depicted car.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 144 Posts

Provided I don't get raped by dealer markup, I'm gonna go put a down payment on a 2014 ZR1 asap if it looks like the jalopnik version
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Provided I don't get raped by dealer markup, I'm gonna go put a down payment on a 2014 ZR1 asap if it looks like the jalopnik version

I hope they have a Z or ZR variant. Don't know it will be first year, tho.

Get notified of new replies

To Jalopnik: four months ago

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jalopnik: four months ago