C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Camaro stern gets a stern response from me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

The problem is that the styling Bar was set so high with the C5 and the C6. I am reserving judgment until I see the real thing. Having said that, I have to agree, that is one fugly rear end.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:39 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanthophyll
I don't know.... looks pretty square to me. But I am still putting my hopes in a good-looking car.

They look like two different cars to me. The roof line is different. The spy car is more flat on top. The spy car back isn't as high and doesn't have the big spoiler on it. I think this is a early April fools joke. lol
Also, if the spy car is covered, they could put some fake panels and stuff on it to throw of the real look of the car. Until I see a actual picture from GM, I'm not going to put too much stock into these renderings. I just dont believe that GM would make the corvette so butt ugly as that. This is there icon.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99
They look like two different cars to me. The roof line is different. The spy car is more flat on top. The spy car back isn't as high and doesn't have the big spoiler on it. I think this is a early April fools joke. lol
Also, if the spy car is covered, they could put some fake panels and stuff on it to throw of the real look of the car. Until I see a actual picture from GM, I'm not going to put too much stock into these renderings. I just dont believe that GM would make the corvette so butt ugly as that. This is there icon.
I have to agree. They won't screw this up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the rear in the rendering is ugly. I dont think it will really look that bad. I'm hoping the lines look more like this below. Just a little change can make a huge difference. The spy car is camouflaged pretty good.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 03-14-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If thats the C7 I'll skip it, when will the C8 be out? I've owned every series so far but if the C7 looks like that I won't be buying one!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by davisce
If the new C7 looks anything like the Jalopnik Renderings (shown above) then in my humble opinion GM missed the mark. I’m a “died in the wool Corvette Enthuse and owner”, but the Jalopnik Rendering is too much like the C6 (but Butt Ugly). Its too squared off in the rear end and the sharp edges suck. It looks too much like the Camaro in the rear. If I’m gonna spend the big bucks for a new C7 Vette that looks like a Camaro then I’ll spend the little bucks and buy a Camaro and get more bang for my bucks (ZL1). Bottom line, if this is the best GM can come up with for a new generation Corvette then they really screwed the Pooch this time. Long Live the C5/C6 is all I can say.

It beter not look like that.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Texas Stinger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the Camaro lights, it also has a Cadillac look with how the center comes to a point. Both of which don't belong on the Corvette. Unless it's a C1, then a Corvette should have rounds in the back.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 AM
IRS-Cop
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long live the C5/C6! I've got a 2008 Corvette Coupe and will either sell it for a ZR1 or possibly get a new Shelby. At least Ford hasn't missed the target with its nameplate. Like everyone else has said on here, I am a diehard Corvette fan. But if the C7's rear end (the best part about a Vette IMO) looks anything like these drawings I'll pass. GM can keep their ricer looking, smaller displacement V8, POS.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Someone please make up some new intel so we can stop riding this a$$ into the ground.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
The problem is that the styling Bar was set so high with the C5 and the C6.
True. Aside from both looking so damn good they were also simply great cars, as well as being great performance sports cars.
Tough acts to follow I bet.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

like said before if that is truly the read view. It looks like gm
got the plastics R us catalog, ordered a mess of plastic pieces
from the trick out your ricer section.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Timz16
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CKPERFORMANCE
All you guys are in an uproar, the same things were said of the C5 and C6 renderings also. Everyone is quick to forget the BIG rearend the C5 had compared to the old C4. The ones rolling off the line will be sweet, and as always will have some similarities to concept but won't be exact.
I loved the c5 from the moment I saw it. I have owned 3. Same with the c3. Not so with the c7 test mules which look awfully close to Jalopnik. I am still waiting for the c4 to appeal to me. So unless the production car looks radically different from Jalopnik, I am not impressed enough to spend the big bucks on one.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Timz16
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99
Those tail lights are Camaro shaped. The lack of spoiler could be base model as opposed to ZR1's gaudy glue on's in Jalopnik renderings.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
wide one
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crush2
If this is what they decided on... gag me with a dipstick. AWFUL!

If we wanted a Camaro ****-end, we would buy a Camaro.

Just sayin'.
What an opportunity for after market parts.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
While I don't hate it as much as some of you do, I certainly don't like it very much either.
There is a Camaro resemblance for sure but do keep in mind that the Camaro does not have those tall side pods coming off the rear fenders like the Corvette rendering does.

Speaking of those side pod thingies, is it me or do they vaguely/distantly resemble the jowls on a bulldog or boxer?

now they do! man one more reason to not like the c7 styling...

why is it that so many newer cars and concepts are all so damn ugly these days?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanthophyll
I don't know.... looks pretty square to me. But I am still putting my hopes in a good-looking car.

Wow so close. Am not concerned about the design am concerned about the value. Once you buy a new Vette they are like worhtless. I have a 2012 and wanted to trade in to get a house. Am getting offers like $48 - 52K, the MSRP was $70k. Why don't GM design something with a resale value, like Germany auto makers?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tonybsr
Wow so close. Am not concerned about the design am concerned about the value. Once you buy a new Vette they are like worhtless. I have a 2012 and wanted to trade in to get a house. Am getting offers like $48 - 52K, the MSRP was $70k. Why don't GM design something with a resale value, like Germany auto makers?
its because of your location - you bought an american car in america! in germany the vette would retain more value.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Camaro stern gets a stern response from me!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I will wait for the official announcement from Chevrolet. However, if this is the C7 Corvette rear end, I am sure I will pass...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

why is it that so many newer cars and concepts are all so damn ugly these days?
That's a natural effect of aging. Took me a while to figure out

.Jinx
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Jeff W
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by tonybsr
Like the ~$150k AMG cars that are worth $50k just a few years later after the warranty period is up?

Quick Reply: C7 Camaro stern gets a stern response from me!