C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of us that like the Japlopnik renderings...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Those of us that like the Japlopnik renderings...

So I like the Japlopnik renderings and still and to buy a C7. It does seem to be that I'm in the minority here on the forum.

Interestingly enough, I'm getting the feeling that GM did exactly what they set out to do. I'm 28 years old and will be 29 this year. So I'll be 30 when the C7 becomes available. GM said they wanted to appeal to the younger crowd. Maybe they did.

For those of us that do like it, post your age and how likely you are to buy the C7 (regardless of it being used or new) in the next 5 years or so.

I'd like to buy the first year new from the dealer custom ordered as my first brand spanking new car from a dealer in my life.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM
tpapablo
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like it. 55 tomorrow. Going so see what we get under the skin, but planning to buy one.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Happy birthday!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

I'm waiting to see the real C7 but if the Japlopnik sketches are close (and I suspect they are) I'll buy one.

Cheers,
JB
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

i purposely supercharged my c5z06 to hold me off for the next two years, and didn't sell my c5z06 to buy a c6z06 because i am buying a c7 regardless. Theres no way in hell GM will release a performance car let alone the corvette that will not just be jaw dropping. They won't do it. I guarantee the c7 will blow everyones mind once they see it in person. Its like saying honda will release the new civic and it will just be the worst reliable car ever. That simply won't happen, and GM will simply not release a corvette that looks like crap.

we all know its only coming down to looks, the performance, and reliability is there and has been, its really how is this going to look is the big question. Engines eeh you think they will put a wimpy motor in it? i think not they will only get stronger and better than the current models as they have been for the past years I can't wait!! i will have graduated college next year and i will be saving once i get a job!

Look at the 5th gen camaro, i didn't like it when i saw the pics, but when i saw it in person and on some nice rims with tint. and now the #1 selling pony car is the camaro first year it came out and still even with the new mustang design which literally held the market for years didn't surpass it yet.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:44 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
Theres no way in hell GM will release a performance car let alone the corvette that will not just be jaw dropping. They won't do it. I guarantee the c7 will blow everyones mind once they see it in person.
GM will simply not release a corvette that looks like crap.
You make a good point.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

i purposely supercharged my c5z06 to hold me off for the next two years, and didn't sell my c5z06 to buy a c6z06 because i am buying a c7 regardless. Theres no way in hell GM will release a performance car let alone the corvette that will not just be jaw dropping. They won't do it. I guarantee the c7 will blow everyones mind once they see it in person. Its like saying honda will release the new civic and it will just be the worst reliable car ever. That simply won't happen, and GM will simply not release a corvette that looks like crap.

we all know its only coming down to looks, the performance, and reliability is there and has been, its really how is this going to look is the big question. Engines eeh you think they will put a wimpy motor in it? i think not they will only get stronger and better than the current models as they have been for the past years I can't wait!! i will have graduated college next year and i will be saving once i get a job!

Look at the 5th gen camaro, i didn't like it when i saw the pics, but when i saw it in person and on some nice rims with tint. and now the #1 selling pony car is the camaro first year it came out and still even with the new mustang design which literally held the market for years didn't surpass it yet.
You make a good point and I hope you're right
Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 AM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really?

2012 Honda Civic Worst Car Flop of 2011

John McElroy, the host of the Autoline Detroit TV: "The latest Civic was designed only for the U.S. market. The 2012 redesign plummeted in Consumer Reports scores from one of the best small cars to one of the worst, Fisher says. Its nimble handling was replaced with a “soggy” suspension, and braking distances are too long. The interior quality also declined, with lots of hard plastics throughout the cabin and cheaper construction."
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 AM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

39, dig the sketch. looks longer in the photos (not a good thing) and the narrow tires don't help much. I'm also (Weirdly) in the process of boosting my c5z as well to keep me happy until I can afford a c7z. We'll see if the technology and track times make it a must have.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

I'm 57 and a huge Corvette fan that also is a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin fan(not necessarily in that order). I bought my first new Corvette at the age of 28 and another two years later. I then switched to Ferrari's after that and never looked back until now. This new car will certainly draw young and old into the Corvette fold as never before. It's already a world class performer with a great design vernacular, and will only get better. I believe Corvette Racing has been very instrumental in the direction of the C6 and now the C7. Very few on this forum realize the reasons for change in design direction. It not only will look spectacular but will be the best performing, best built Corvette ever. I am not worried in the least bit about this new direction. With Lamborghini LP 560-4 design overtones as well as a few from the Ferrari Superamerica (599), it will be gorgeous.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

47 yrs young and I like it, as with all cars as a starting point. There are so many talented people that will apply their skills to make it look & even perform better (it will be a great performer out of the gate)
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
I'm 57 and a huge Corvette fan that also is a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin fan(not necessarily in that order). I bought my first new Corvette at the age of 28 and another two years later. I then switched to Ferrari's after that and never looked back until now. This new car will certainly draw young and old into the Corvette fold as never before. It's already a world class performer with a great design vernacular, and will only get better. I believe Corvette Racing has been very instrumental in the direction of the C6 and now the C7. Very few on this forum realize the reasons for change in design direction. It not only will look spectacular but will be the best performing, best built Corvette ever. I am not worried in the least bit about this new direction. With Lamborghini LP 560-4 design overtones as well as a few from the Ferrari Superamerica (599), it will be gorgeous.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

When the C4 first starting showing up in spy photos, everyone hated it.

Ditto C5.

Ditto C6.

And now C7.

Heck I remember *I* disliked the C6 at first because the fixed headlights just seemed like blasphemy being used to years of pop-ups. I can't see it any other way now.

Sure there are some here and elsewhere that dislike change so badly that they will not care for the C7 no matter what it looks like, but that doesn't change the strong likelihood that 2 years from now most everyone here will be raving about it and counting their pennys to buy one.

I can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

52 here, have been buying cars for the last 30 years. I was told by a good friend a few years ago at a SAE meeting in Troy Michigan by a very high ranking person at GM this: Talking about future vehicles I asked, how does GM know what we are going to want in the next 2 years....he said lots of meetings with groups but the main thing is that they decide what we want.....Thought it was an interesting comment and its true. I do know that when the new car hits the market we will all want one, funny how that works........
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 and loving the direction that GM is taking so far with the up coming C7...although I will wait and see what the inside looks like...what it will be like to drive etc. Unlike others here on the forum I wouldnt pass judgment on something that isn't even out yet.

Im also sure some of those people will probably end up buying a new Vette any how LOL
Old 01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
danl72
Race Director

Originally Posted by WHT
Really?

John McElroy, the host of the Autoline Detroit TV: "The latest Civic was designed only for the U.S. market. The 2012 redesign plummeted in Consumer Reports scores from one of the best small cars to one of the worst, Fisher says. Its nimble handling was replaced with a “soggy” suspension, and braking distances are too long. The interior quality also declined, with lots of hard plastics throughout the cabin and cheaper construction."
You read my mind. I was going to post it as well. You beat me too it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

56 going on 24 and I'll be in line for one, maybe three years in....

Get notified of new replies

To Those of us that like the Japlopnik renderings...

Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Default Was that a Freudian slip.........?

Uh, I think it's Jalopnik, not Japlopnik"..........
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
Really?

Read the post again. He said that Honda wouldnt release a car that is worst in reliability. I've heard nothing about the '12 Civic to suggest that it's unreliable, just lacking in other ways.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT
Really?

While it may have reduced in quality it never said the reliability of it has reduced. That is what that car is KNOWN for, not having the cadillac interior or the sport tuned suspension, i was talking strictly terms of reliability which it states nothing about.

Honda has received 20 years in a row the most reliable car manufacture by J.D. Power and its mostly looked at the accord but the civic is right there with it in terms of RELIABILITY.

I do understand what you are saying that the overall quality has declined but the cosmetic factor and handling don't have anything to do with if that civic runs 300k miles or not, and is almost maintenance free with routine checkups. They're trying to make it as comfortable/ flashy as can be and cheap as they can be to stretch profit margins. In this economy other manufactures are catching up what honda has been holding off for years but they will NEVER let they're reliability go down the hole. They will loose their flagship quality they are known for.

We all know corvettes here and there have little things they need to improve on cosmetically like my popup headlights, or a few things on the c6 but that car was designed to kick *** on the road in every performance category and it sure does! GM is fixing all those little bugs with the c7 and making the interior cadillac special and i will guarantee the looks of it will be amazing!

Quick Reply: Those of us that like the Japlopnik renderings...