C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you getting excited about real C7 details?
Nope, not yet.
9.23%
meh...
16.92%
Heckya!
73.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Who else is excited to see real details?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Who else is excited to see real details?

I just bought my second C6, and can't wait to see ALL the details of the C7. I've had enough 'speculation' to last a lifetime. I'm not interested in speculation and opinion, I'm ready for real details on the production 7th generation Corvette!

Undoubtedly, the other companies have thrown some serious statements with the competative offerings. Let's hope that once again, competition works in favor of the consumer.

We have an idea what the exterior is going to be like. Now we need powertrain, handling, packages (Z models) and interior details.

So, who else is getting a excited? (and I'm not taking about Racer's avatar of the day...)
Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This whole C7 thing is just so predictable. It's playing out just like the C6.....my attitude is that nobody knows anything and anyone who says they know something concrete about the C7 is either lying or self deluded.

I respect the factory ability to keep this under wraps and consider anything that is actually "true" and leaked by the factory was planned to be "leaked" as part of the marketing program.

The one thing I'm certain about the C7 is that the MSRP will be a lot higher than on the C6. Also, I'm certain, having watched the C5 and C6 introductions closely, that many will buy the car whether they like it or not just to have the newest latest thang......

ps....a big "ho hum" about getting excited about the C7.....I'll wait to get excited or not when credible information is available. Right now I'm thinking what we "know" about the C7 is approx 99.998% unsubstantiated and probably incorrect.

Last edited by OregonC6; 01-27-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: ps
Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
0Mike@Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't wait! Really curious about the interior
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
The one thing I'm certain about the C7 is that the MSRP will be a lot higher than on the C6.
I wouldn't be so certain about that...it's not good or typical practice (especially for GM) to raise the price of a new/incoming model by all that much, even if there are vast improvements to it. The C6 didn't MSRP for that much more than the outgoing C5.
I wouldn't be too surprised if the C7 had a base MSRP of only $52k - $54k for what could very well be a substantially better car overall.
Of course options could drive the price up but they'd drive up the price of any vehicle.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

I am getting excited. Even though it looks like it will not be to my liking in the styling department, I will still keep hope and watch with excited anticipation. It it shows up and is ugly, I will just make my purchase decision accordingly.

Thoughts on Appearance, Price, and Performance:

Appearance: I think we know what it will look like now. We can hope and dream that the cammo is somehow disguising some tremendous design features that depart from the Jalopnik drawings, but lets get real... its close.

Price: I'm surprised people are expecting an increase. I don't remember what the price of 2005 was vs. 2004, but I do remember that when C5 came out as a 97 model it was CHEAPER than a 96. Thats right...cheaper. The C5 was designed with 1/3 less parts and cost less to build than a C4. Also, pricing a new generation a little cheaper boosts sales and helps recoup some engineering costs faster. It encourages current owners to go ahead and trade up instead of holding back for a year or two. I bet the C7 is very close to C6 prices. Also, in this economy, its best not to give buyers ANY reason to not purchase.

Performance: This one is a no brainer in my opinion. I forgot which top level GM exec said this, but he claimed with the Corvette stable having the Base, Z06, and ZR1 and their individual performance numbers being what they are, there was little need to improve performance. He said any performance gains wold be splitting hairs and Corvette engineering would be working more on efficiency. This makes sense. How much faster 0-60 can you get before you have to jump through some crazy hoops to get there? So performance will be a little better. Efficiency will be a bit better too. The only real question here is "how."

So, yes, I am excited, but more from an entertainment prospective. If I like it I won't be buying for few years.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

They've been driving the price up since C6 was introduced. C7 doesn't have to raise the price much; it's already been raised. I expect base C7 will be priced to match C6 GrandSport and will offer similar performance but better fuel economy and a better interior.

We're not going to learn much of anything except what we can glean from staring at summertime pics of camouflaged cars... until December, when prep for NAIAS and Super Bowl commercial shoots give us a chance at naked pics and a leaked stat or two.

Most of what we want to know will hit the stage next January. Until then we're just going to be arguing about what we think it will be and should be, exactly like we've been doing, but with more people and more frustration and shorter tempers.

Remember, "excited" is like "quality" -- it isn't necessarily positive.

.Jinx
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

My only disappoint with the C7 so far is that they didn't release it in 2013 on the 50th anniversary of the Sting Ray.

It doesn't matter if you like the SWC or not, GM missed a once in a lifetime marketing opportunity to exploit an iconic Corvette, arguably one of the most beautiful and famous cars they've ever built. And that's a shame.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Almost There
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got all the information I need; business in the front, party in the back
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
My only disappoint with the C7 so far is that they didn't release it in 2013 on the 50th anniversary of the Sting Ray.

It doesn't matter if you like the SWC or not, GM missed a once in a lifetime marketing opportunity to exploit an iconic Corvette, arguably one of the most beautiful and famous cars they've ever built. And that's a shame.
They didn't miss an opportunity; they're exploiting one -- the 60th Anniversary of Corvette, with (high profit) options on the C6.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

The MSRP of the C7 doesn't have to go up. Just stop offering incentives and the C7 will cost 10 grand more than a comparable C6..

The C5 had the same thing happen as the C4 was sold with heavy incentives in the final years.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't wait to see what the Real Car will be like.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C7 price thoughts

I agree with those who feel the C7 won't see much of a price increase; the difference, as aptly noted above, is that we are starting to see nice discounts on C6s, which will continue & no doubt escalate as the approach of the C7 nears. I bought at 04 at the end of the year as the C5s were coming out & got a terrific deal, & anticipate the same now with C6 vs 7. I think it's clear that GM won't up the MSPR much on the C7, though they sure won't offer early discounts either! The suspense on the C7 is definitely growing -- anyone know when we'll see "naked" or official pics?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Jinx
They didn't miss an opportunity; they're exploiting one -- the 60th Anniversary of Corvette, with (high profit) options on the C6.
But they are doing the "Anniversary of Corvette" every 10 years. Do people still fall for that?

Cheers,
JB
Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

I will be - when we actually get some real details...........
Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I'M READY TO SEE THE REAL DEAL AND HEAR SOME REAL INFO!GM seems to take forever with stuff like this and they don't even give the buying public a hint!It's very annoying!!
Old 07-18-2019, 11:06 PM
Steel City
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 42 Posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 07-18-2019, 11:22 PM
Steel City
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 42 Posts

I guess it has to be what is has to be but it's not for me.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:16 AM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Steel City
I guess it has to be what is has to be but it's not for me.
Little late to the party, brother.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:29 AM
R8Z51
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by gs-zero
Little late to the party, brother.
lol

Get notified of new replies

To Who else is excited to see real details?

Quick Reply: Who else is excited to see real details?