Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Jinx
.... You know they're gonna bundle. Want the HUD? Only in LT3. Want the nav? LT3, plus $1500. Want the sport seats? LT2 at least -- and maybe LT4. Wish it wasn't so, but GM has little incentive to change their ways on this score.. ....
So if they don't package it, they can just do what Porsche does. $82,000 for a lower performing base Carrera model that includes Nav. Then add $6,000 to $7,500 for leather adaptive sport seats and another $5,000 for a high-end sound system. And there still is no HUD, nor Corvette's performance.

We'll see how it goes, and the Corvette will sell. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

I think it would be a good idea to minimize option packages. Back in the day, you just ordered options, plain old options. Ordering only options on a car would certainly screw with dealer inventories, but it something to consider. Even if they minimize packages down to one or two.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to chime in.

No disrespect but those who think the CTS or CTS-V have a high quality world class interior really need to go check out some other cars and know the definition of high quality. That's just a nice way of me saying it! Probably the same people that thought the XLR had a world class interior

I mean the interior of the CTS is ok and about average or maybe just slightly above average for an entry level luxury vehicle. It is nooo where close to being high quality!!

The Corvette is no entry level car, it is GM's and Americas Halo car. If the C7 has a similar quality as the CTS it would be a major failure!!

GM needs to FINALLY step up big time and raise the bar and shut up all the critics. There is no reason it can't. Go ahead and raise the price of the car but give it a worthy interior!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
If the C7 has a similar quality as the CTS it would be a major failure!!
The Corvette is successful as it is, even with a sub-par interior. The CTS interior is far better quality and would certainly be welcome in the Corvette. However, I expect the C7 interior to be different than anything GM currently offers as it will share no major components with any other GM car.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Numerous CF members have opined that "if this interior was in a Porsche today, the mag writers would grovel over it. And if a Porsche interior were in the Corvette, it would be rated "below par"."
Apparently that line of thinking doesn't only apply to car magazine writers LOL.

Case in point:
No disrespect but those who think the CTS or CTS-V have a high quality world class interior really need to go check out some other cars and know the definition of high quality. That's just a nice way of me saying it!
I mean the interior of the CTS is ok and about average or maybe just slightly above average for an entry level luxury vehicle. It is nooo where close to being high quality!!
Maybe it's not actually the interiors that are the issue, but perhaps some people's standards/expectations that are just WAY too high sometimes?

Sir, I am going to have to blatantly, completely and utterly DISAGREE with you on that one.

This isn't Cadillac 'circa 1979' anymore, I think some of you people really need to drop the anti domestic nameplate biases and stereotypes of the past already and join us here in the present day.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by redvette77
The Corvette is successful as it is, even with a sub-par interior. The CTS interior is far better quality and would certainly be welcome in the Corvette. However, I expect the C7 interior to be different than anything GM currently offers as it will share no major components with any other GM car.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Notch
Safety Car

IMO, the pop-up NAV display just doesn't do the interior any favors.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Apparently that line of thinking doesn't only apply to car magazine writers LOL.

Case in point:
Maybe it's not actually the interiors that are the issue, but perhaps some people's standards/expectations that are just WAY too high sometimes?

Sir, I am going to have to blatantly, completely and utterly DISAGREE with you on that one.

This isn't Cadillac 'circa 1979' anymore, I think some of you people really need to drop the anti domestic nameplate biases and stereotypes of the past already and join us here in the present day.
It looks good in pictures but in person you can see the downfalls in quality! This CTS interior will not even be good enough for the next generation CTS let alone a car like the Corvette.

Yes you are right this isn't 1979 and it's a world economy and it's not domestic bashing. The stereotypes will not stop till there is a reason for it to stop. I strongly believe the C7 will be the car that does that!!

Last edited by shawnvettefan; 01-26-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

I just had to chime in.

No disrespect but those who think the CTS or CTS-V have a high quality world class interior really need to go check out some other cars and know the definition of high quality. That's just a nice way of me saying it! Probably the same people that thought the XLR had a world class interior

The Corvette is no entry level car, it is GM's and Americas Halo car. If the C7 has a similar quality as the CTS it would be a major failure!!

GM needs to FINALLY step up big time and raise the bar and shut up all the critics. There is no reason it can't. Go ahead and raise the price of the car but give it a worthy interior!
and

It looks good in pictures but in person you can see the downfalls in quality! This CTS interior will not even be good enough for the next generation CTS let alone a car like the Corvette.

Yes you are right this isn't 1979 and it's a world economy and it's not domestic bashing. The stereotypes will not stop till there is a reason for it to stop. I strongly believe the C7 will be the car that does that!
I read perfectionist and I read 250K Corvette. I suppose there are few tens of "ubers" out there ready for that C7. I assure you there are more good'ol practical folks ready for the 60K C7.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:56 AM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Realistically, you cannot expect a perfect interior with the highest possible quality. You have to remember that the base price will hover around 50k, not 100k or 200k. The best interior I have ever experienced in a car was the Mercedes SLS I had the privilege of driving. The leather was top notch, and covered absolutely everything. Even the carpet on the floor was so much better than anything I had ever seen before. But that is a ~230k car. You can't expect an interior like that on a Corvette.

The leather surfaces from the CTS, while not top notch, is something like what I expect to see in the C7. Not the best quality out there, but leaps and bounds better than the C6 interior. For the price, I think that would be more than sufficient. You also have to ask yourself; how many people buying a Corvette are looking for luxury? At the end of the day, it is a performance car at heart, and performs quite well.

Lastly, look at the Corvette's competitors. They all cost more. Why? Because they concentrate on interiors and luxury and all of that. They lose to the Corvette every single time at twice and sometimes three times the price because their efforts are exhausted, in my opinion, in the wrong areas.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

I'd be happy with seat backs that adjusted electrically rather than manually, and an ashtray cover that looked like it cost more than 5 cents to produce.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

..... GM needs to FINALLY step up big time and raise the bar and shut up all the critics. There is no reason it can't. Go ahead and raise the price of the car but give it a worthy interior!
I don't want to pay $10 - 12K for some interior that I don't see as necessary! Ala Porsche, let them offer a $7,500 leather interior package to make you happy, but I don't want it. I like my minimally optioned C6.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
ockie
Instructor

Yes you are right this isn't 1979 and it's a world economy and it's not domestic bashing. The stereotypes will not stop till there is a reason for it to stop. I strongly believe the C7 will be the car that does that!!
You need to really lay off the crack. I am not sure where you are coming from with this absurd comments.... I bet 10 bucks that you've never been in one.

The V interior won so many awards and compliments from even the harshest European reviewers... so I am not sure what you're expecting.

You must be one of those people who wants Bugatti Veyron standard with acres of Noahs Arc wood and with windows washed in unicorn **** in a $65k car.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

^This. One of the people at a car meet-up I went to said it wasn't as nice as the interior in his Bently. HOLY CRAP, IT MUST BE AWFUL THEN!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
C8forT
Burning Brakes

Received 452 Likes on 229 Posts

I just had to chime in.

For a $38k vehicle (when I purchased in 2008), I do think the CTS interior is nice, and in the opinion of both my wife and me, nicer than the comparably priced BMW 3 series cars we looked at in 2008. Is it as nice as my buddy's Jaguar, no, but his car cost over $60k.

If the C7 interior is as nice as the CTS, or even better the new ATS, that would satisfy me.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by ockie
You need to really lay off the crack. I am not sure where you are coming from with this absurd comments.... I bet 10 bucks that you've never been in one.

The V interior won so many awards and compliments from even the harshest European reviewers... so I am not sure what you're expecting.

You must be one of those people who wants Bugatti Veyron standard with acres of Noahs Arc wood and with windows washed in unicorn **** in a $65k car.
If you think the CTS-V has a class leading quality interior then you must be the one with the crack pipe buddy!! The interior is not bad, but from from being top notch. I am a big CTS fan but don't want a CTS like interior in the C7.

I'm expecting an interior with tighter gaps, better leather, better plastics, CUE style technology, free of creaks and rattles.

I am willing to pay for a far better interior even if it costs more. Go sit in a $113K ZR1 and compare to any other $100K+ cars out there and you will see what a disappointment that interior is. It is an interior that is slightly better than the Malibu's. Sure you can add the 3LZ option but it still is far behind the rest in quality & technology.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
For a $38k vehicle (when I purchased in 2008), I do think the CTS interior is nice, and in the opinion of both my wife and me, nicer than the comparably priced BMW 3 series cars we looked at in 2008. Is it as nice as my buddy's Jaguar, no, but his car cost over $60k.

If the C7 interior is as nice as the CTS, or even better the new ATS, that would satisfy me.
So you would be satisfied with the C7 having an interior similar or as nice as a $38K CTS that was designed in 2008?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 interior expectations.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

GM has always doe a great job of keep the base price down on a car. It is stripped down so far that to get it back to their japanese and european competitors; I alway multiply the base by 40% to get it so you can feel comfortable with the options.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

I'm expecting an interior with tighter gaps, better leather, better plastics, CUE style technology, free of creaks and rattles.
Then be prepared to may much, much more than you would not for a Corvette.

I am willing to pay for a far better interior even if it costs more. Go sit in a $113K ZR1 and compare to any other $100K+ cars out there and you will see what a disappointment that interior is.
Those same sports cars, with better interiors, cost much more than the Corvette and lose to it every day on tracks all across the world. As I said in a previous post, performance is why Corvette buyers buy Corvettes, but luxury.

So you would be satisfied with the C7 having an interior similar or as nice as a $38K CTS that was designed in 2008?
Personally, I would me perfectly satisfied with that. That same 38k CTS certainly does not perform like a Corvette does.

Last edited by BluegrassMotorsport; 01-26-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Go sit in a $113K ZR1 and compare to any other $100K+ cars out there and you will see what a disappointment that interior is.
And those other $100k+ cars you speak of, they perform as well (or even remotely nearly as well) as a ZR1 too?
There is ALWAYS some sacrifice, you can't have it both ways.
You'd have to spend upwards of $160k+ to get a car that both runs with/beats a ZR1 and also has a better interior.
You could also FAR surpass that $160k car's interior for less than only $10k in aftermarket upgrades to a ZR1.

Quick Reply: C7 interior expectations.