Could this be it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by dfarese
I understand what your saying, I didn't mean to come off like I was attacking you. What I meant was in general here on the forums, I keep hearing a lot of people saying wow it looks a lot like a 599. I hate that, It's like Chevy saying well the Ferrari 599 looks way better so lets make our car look like that. Where is the Imagination, I mean at least with the Stingray Concept their was something totally different and unique to corvette. If I bought one of these and Some one said hey nice Ferarri, I would hate to have to explain, "well this isn't a Ferrari, I couldn't afford one, but this looks just like one don't you think." I don't want a poor mans Ferrari, I want a unique kick *** Vette....Stingray

When was the last time someone bought a Genesis because it looked like a supercar they couldn't afford, are you kidding me? If they made it look just like a gallardo or 458, then yeah, that would be totally stupid.
I too liked the Stingray concept car, but I think it may be more of a show car than something that could be livable day to day. I have a feeling that if they redesigned it to fit large Americans it might lose most of that extremely low profile and just become something awkward and cartoonish.....resembling more of a kit car than a Corvette.

Having said that, I would try my hardest to cram my 6" 3" frame into one if Chevy built it. Sadly, they're going another direction and if the Ferrari style is the target, I'm not going to be sad about it. If someone was truly stupid enough to say "Nice Ferrari" about my C7 Corvette, I'd consider the source and just say "Thanks."
Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
Two thirds of you in here bashing it are going to own one in the next 36 months.

This happens with every marquis car, every iteration, with everybody. Everyone hates it and says it's ugly. Then they see it in person, then they get used to it, then they start to see the dated design of their current beloved generation, then the see some modified new ones, then they lust for the new one secretly, then they finally bite the bullet and buy one...

Then the praise it for it's beauty and start the same bashing again with the next generation.
Didnt the same thing happen when the C5 came out? People bashed its huge rear end.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
If someone was truly stupid enough to say "Nice Ferrari" about my C7 Corvette, I'd consider the source and just say "Thanks."
+ 1 I've seen someone say the same about a C6
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 AM
dfarese
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
+ 1 I've seen someone say the same about a C6
LOL, me too, to me.... And I also got the Nice dodge viper....lol Come on...

I tell you one thing, if the Stingray concept was coming out, that would end all confusion.

So do most here believe these are the base C7 pictures, because I don't see the spoiler or side intake ducts for the brakes?
Old 01-24-2012, 02:45 PM
click
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im curious did you read (overlooked or ignored post) or come to the same conclusion about perspective?

Bravo either way.
m2

Originally Posted by XZR1
To check the photo perspective issue I took some photos of my car from different angles, one from opposite the front of the car one from opposite the rear and one opposite the middle. I used maximum zoom so I could take the photo from far away as possible to minimise the perspective error.

Here is the Jalopnik outline over a composite of the three photos showing that the length is near enough to the same once the photo is fully side on.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the C7 will be the same length, it may just mean that the renderings Jalopnik did assumed the length was the same.

Also it demonstrates how the photo angle makes a big difference so I think the overlay I did over the spy photo probably has significant error due to the angle of the photo. (also lens length plays a part)

Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by XZR1
Jalopnik C7 outline over C6 ZR1
I have aligned the wheel base

But if you look at some of the C7 mules with the C6 grand sport body over it, you will notice the front wheels seem pushed toward the front of the car. So aligning the wheelbase is not going to give you an accurate comarison. Not to mention scale and ratio of a drawing compared to the camera distance the shot was taken at. And then I read somewhere that the CAFE regulations are calculated by the cars footprint, which may explain the lengthened wheelbase. I am guessing the car will be slightly longer than the C6.

Last edited by pTr73; 01-25-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm still waiting on the actual car to come out, but if it looks like this pos i'll be getting myself a c6z again, i love the c6z bodystyle
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Did they announce a date for the C7 to be released? Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I don't follow the rumor mill much.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
Did they announce a date for the C7 to be released? Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I don't follow the rumor mill much.
It is looking like it will be a 2014 model, we might start seeing 'official' photos of the actual car as early as this time next year with a possible actual 'ready for sale' date of around June/July/August 2013?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
It is looking like it will be a 2014 model, we might start seeing 'official' photos of the actual car as early as this time next year with a possible actual 'ready for sale' date of around June/July/August 2013?
This summer we might see the car hit the Nurburgring for testing, but it'll still have the black and white camoflauge on the car.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Bummer. Since a first year model is out for me (hate being a beta tester) looks like 2015 would be the soonest we could buy.
The only thing that has my interest is if it will have AWD. That would be such a joy to us people who live in the snow belt, not counting the better launches
Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
COALMINER,KY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few guestions. Why would they put different style rims on the left and right side of the car. who ever took these photos got really really close to this car. also what about the vents on the back. you can clearly see two vents on the rear pillar of the car. The jalopnik photos dont show these.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

For the 1,000,000th time there are two different cars in these pictures.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

I am wondering as I look at this picture. Look at the sleet and icy patching on the ground, and it appears to have summer tires on the car with no chains.

Do you all think that this car would also make it up that slight incline ahead let alone be able to drive under these conditions as a RWD car?

Is it dawning on everyone that this C7 might be an AWD car if they are testing it in these conditions?

I seriously doubt if I took my C6 on that roadway, it wouldn't make it 5 feet without hydroplaning side by side before succumbing to a complete stationary rear wheel spin. Or even a complete 360 and off to the side of the road.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pTr73
I am wondering as I look at this picture. Look at the sleet and icy patching on the ground, and it appears to have summer tires on the car with no chains.

Do you all think that this car would also make it up that slight incline ahead let alone be able to drive under these conditions as a RWD car?

Is it dawning on everyone that this C7 might be an AWD car if they are testing it in these conditions?

I seriously doubt if I took my C6 on that roadway, it wouldn't make it 5 feet without hydroplaning side by side before succumbing to a complete stationary rear wheel spin. Or even a complete 360 and off to the side of the road.
I hear what you're saying and it does make sense but I think you're selling the C6's abilities a little short in conditions such as that. That snow isn't all that deep and the incline isn't all that steep, as long as it's stock tires are in new/nearly new condition the C6 with it's stellar Active Handling and traction control systems can successfully traverse (at a slow pace of course) a road like that. With dedicated snow tires on it, even more so.
If the tires are worn and/or the snow was deeper or the incline was higher then I agree, the car wouldn't have much of a chance.
While anything is possible, I don't think we'll see AWD on the C7.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Mr. Lau
Pro

The only real problems I have with the drawings are the number of vents and openings with unnecessary slashes in them, the tail lights, the signal lights and the way the rear bumper has sharp edges. If they clean those areas up and smooth out the back end too, it could look pretty good.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ugh. Just no. Please keep your AWD hopes away from the Vette! It doesn't belong and it will ruin the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Could this be it..

Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 AM
EVL JAKE
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Ugh. Just no. Please keep your AWD hopes away from the Vette! It doesn't belong and it will ruin the car.
Yeah..........ok......
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by pTr73

Have you ever tried to drive your C6 in the snow with good winter tires? Hell I've driven in light snow with Michelins in a 600hp C5 with no problems.

There will be no AWD C7 Corvette. Period.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Have you ever tried to drive your C6 in the snow with good winter tires?
Have you ever tried sauteing food in a tea kettle? I never take my vette out in the snow, thats what my jeep 4x4 is used for. The vette (or any purpose built sports car for that matter) doesnt belong on icy or snow patched roads.

Quick Reply: Could this be it..