Sponsored by:

Looks like a combo of a Lambo LP 560 and a Ferrari SuperAmerica

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 516 Posts

Default Looks like a combo of a Lambo LP 560 and a Ferrari SuperAmerica

After viewing these rendering's for the last week I am seeing lot's of LP560 and some Ferrari SuperAmerica. Notice how the body panels are folded edge like a Lambo . Ferrari's tend to be more curvilinear. I think the Corvette designers have done a very good job of blending these Italian design cues with the Corvette design vernacular without making it too obvious. Notice how the rear 3/4 section is a convex profile while the Lambo is slightly more slab sided. Both LP 560 and SuperAmerica have flattened edges at the wheel arches with the Lambo having a vent at the front edge of the crease line. The new Vette design has inserted side lights which could really look great at night. The roofline certainly emulates the Lambo's even though it is mid engined cab forward profile while the Vette is front mid engined cab rearward profile. The rear hatch on the Vette reaches all the way back to the rear. The plan view and side profile view on the Vette backend are also convex curves just like Lambo.
The vent behind the front wheel does resemble the GTR's but could also relate to the SuperAmerica's. I think this design is spectacular and will move Corvette to a more exotic look while still paying homage to it's design traditions. It's very difficult to view a two dimensional rendering like this for most people. Until you see it with your own eye's which is three dimensional, most of you will not get it. This car will look stunning when finally cleaned up design wise and design detailed.

Last edited by skank; 11-24-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-28-2013, 08:12 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Default Two years ago today we were talking about the Jalopnik renderings

Originally Posted by skank
After viewing these rendering's for the last week I am seeing lot's of LP560 and some Ferrari SuperAmerica. Notice how the body panels are folded edge like a Lambo . Ferrari's tend to be more curvilinear. I think the Corvette designers have done a very good job of blending these Italian design cues with the Corvette design vernacular without making it too obvious. Notice how the rear 3/4 section is a convex profile while the Lambo is slightly more slab sided. Both LP 560 and SuperAmerica have flattened edges at the wheel arches with the Lambo having a vent at the front edge of the crease line. The new Vette design has inserted side lights which could really look great at night. The roofline certainly emulates the Lambo's even though it is mid engined cab forward profile while the Vette is front mid engined cab rearward profile. The rear hatch on the Vette reaches all the way back to the rear. The plan view and side profile view on the Vette backend are also convex curves just like Lambo.
The vent behind the front wheel does resemble the GTR's but could also relate to the SuperAmerica's. I think this design is spectacular and will move Corvette to a more exotic look while still paying homage to it's design traditions. It's very difficult to view a two dimensional rendering like this for most people. Until you see it with your own eye's which is three dimensional, most of you will not get it. This car will look stunning when finally cleaned up design wise and design detailed.
It's ironic that about this time two years ago this forum was in a uproar about the leaked cad drawings from Jalopnik. Most people on this forum hated the new design. I was one of the few that loved the design. This should be a lesson to all that we should trust the Corvette design team as we now all know how beautiful the new C7 is. It is a real stunner. Cannot wait until we see the new wide body version this January at Detroit. I posted the above on 11/24/2011
Old 11-28-2013, 08:26 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

"This car will look stunning when finally cleaned up design wise and design detailed." sums it up!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:41 AM
isdnews
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
It's ironic that about this time two years ago this forum was in a uproar about the leaked cad drawings from Jalopnik. Most people on this forum hated the new design. I was one of the few that loved the design. This should be a lesson to all that we should trust the Corvette design team as we now all know how beautiful the new C7 is. It is a real stunner. Cannot wait until we see the new wide body version this January at Detroit. I posted the above on 11/24/2011
Wow, Skank! You were spot-on .... 2 years ago!! I was paying attention back then, but not as closely as you. And today - with one actually sitting in my garage - it was a pleasure reading what you posted.

This car is exquisite eye candy. I never, ever, get tired of looking at it - and trying to appreciate the work that went into its design. It truly is a stunning work of automotive art, and I love it.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:47 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by isdnews
Wow, Skank! You were spot-on .... 2 years ago!! I was paying attention back then, but not as closely as you. And today - with one actually sitting in my garage - it was a pleasure reading what you posted.

This car is exquisite eye candy. I never, ever, get tired of looking at it - and trying to appreciate the work that went into its design. It truly is a stunning work of automotive art, and I love it.
And to think that there were so many on this forum that hated the new design direction.

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like a combo of a Lambo LP 560 and a Ferrari SuperAmerica

Quick Reply: Looks like a combo of a Lambo LP 560 and a Ferrari SuperAmerica