Top interior ideas for C7

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
vettesweetnos
Drifting

Received 1,267 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
There's no German car interior I've looked at and said "Wow. I like that."
The new Mercedes Benz CLS amg interior beats out the r8 interior.
http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-b...llpaper_42.htm

But that is not what I would want to see in the C7. No wood anyways. Lots of better quality leather though and a bit simpler. Something like Ferrari F430 and with customization.

Last edited by vettesweetnos; 08-19-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That just looks cluttered up to me. Buttons and do-dads all over the place. I'm a fan of keeping it simple and flowing... Rather than being afraid to put you hand down on a button by mistake. Looks like you can't touch anything in that car without turning something on or off.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Nope. There hasn't been a single German car made with an interior I actually like. A lot of people rave about BMW interior, but I despise it. My friend's Audi RS interior is decent, but I'm not into red-lit controls and gauges, as well as the layout isn't good at all. I've seen a few Mercedes interiors and they look cluttered.

The Japanese design MUCH nicer interiors. And Cadillac has really raised the bar lately.
Couldn't disagree more....well, except for the part about BMW interiors which I actually do happen to feel is correct. Aside from that, any Audi, Mercedes or Porsche interior BLOWS AWAY what Japan and the U.S. currently have to offer and by a pretty wide margin IMHO.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

To each their own. I like my interior to be comfortable and simple. As few gadgets and buttons as possible and only the gauges that matter.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

To each their own. I like my interior to be comfortable and simple. As few gadgets and buttons as possible and only the gauges that matter.
And I like the German appearance and layout infinitely better than what Japanese and U.S. interiors offer. You're right, to each their own.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
And I like the German appearance and layout infinitely better than what Japanese and U.S. interiors offer. You're right, to each their own.
Exactly.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Reciprocal
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Couldn't disagree more....well, except for the part about BMW interiors which I actually do happen to feel is correct. Aside from that, any Audi, Mercedes or Porsche interior BLOWS AWAY what Japan and the U.S. currently have to offer and by a pretty wide margin IMHO.
BMWs are nice cars but their interiors are basic, and can be rather cheap. Have you noticed the base seating is pleather? As for Audi, aren't you by now sick of every gauge behind ugly tunnels? Porsche has a nice interior in the Panamera, and even nicer in the new pepper utes, but without the choice of colors, the 911 series would be spartan.

The materials in the Vette are cheap but well organized, large and easy to read. I like how they are angled toward the driver, and how the top of the dash isn't sprouting kermit the frog eyelids. I think it is the stunning interior of the Lexus LFA that BLOWS AWAY the interior of all the German cars, and the LS460/600 interior is much better organized and pleasing than the cluttered Audi.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If that's so, then cars like the 1-Series/Z4 (especially the previous one) and Audi A1/A3/TT should have the "wow" factor you're looking for. They are no more cluttered or complex than the 370Z. No more controls on the steering wheel (actually fewer), and the buttons and gauges are spread out more evenly. Even the R8 seems no more complex in terms of # of gauges and buttons; it's just finished to a much higher standard.
Comfortable...the 1-Series and TT have matched or beaten just about every Japanese counterpart they've been directly compared against.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Having fewer buttons isn't the golden ticket. There's a lot to do with lighting, color, layout, etc. I don't exactly like the interior on the Model T just because it's got 1 or 2 gauges and no buttons. LOL
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
BMWs are nice cars but their interiors are basic, and can be rather cheap. Have you noticed the base seating is pleather? As for Audi, aren't you by now sick of every gauge behind ugly tunnels? Porsche has a nice interior in the Panamera, and even nicer in the new pepper utes, but without the choice of colors, the 911 series would be spartan.

The materials in the Vette are cheap but well organized, large and easy to read. I like how they are angled toward the driver, and how the top of the dash isn't sprouting kermit the frog eyelids. I think it is the stunning interior of the Lexus LFA that BLOWS AWAY the interior of all the German cars, and the LS460/600 interior is much better organized and pleasing than the cluttered Audi.
The pleather on BMWs isn't so bad. It has enough pro's to even out the cons.
Agreed on the LFA; it's a surprisingly good interior (and well-resolved first effort for Lexus in the supercar area).

As for Audi, there is a reason why GM have benchmarked them. Same reason why BMW do too; they've said as much in one of the industry trade magazines when the 7-Series was released.
Also, from a C&D blog at the Detroit auto show:
"So whom do premium brands benchmark? I asked around for a bit, and it emerges that Audi tops the list by a wide margin, followed by BMW. Lincoln takes a close, analytical look at Lexus and Cadillac as well. Conspicuously absent from the list is Mercedes-Benz, which should give the former global standard of automotive quality and engineering something to think about."
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-con...brand-tidbits/
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Having fewer buttons isn't the golden ticket. There's a lot to do with lighting, color, layout, etc. I don't exactly like the interior on the Model T just because it's got 1 or 2 gauges and no buttons. LOL
Well, I think it's obvious we are comparing cars from relatively the same era.
Color was mentioned, yet the 370Z also has many red-colored gauges. As to why Nissan, BMW, Audi and submarines also use this color, here is a pretty good explanation:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...ght-situations

It would also seem to be less distracting than white, green or blue gauges. At night, you'd want the gauges to be as subdued as possible. You'd also want to keep glare on the windows down to a minimum; likely a reason why deeply hooded/tunneled gauges are used in addition to reduced glare from sunlight. These have been in use long before Audi's eminence as an interior design benchmark; the detail is there to serve a function.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check this

Do a search on the Cadillac Ciel Concept car announced a couple of days ago and look at the interior. Or check here:

http://wot.motortrend.com/cadillac-c...rs-109167.html

There's a new interior from GM that's near production ready.

IBT
Old 08-21-2011, 01:26 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I am optimistic that the C7 will be a great improvement over my C6's. I am envisioning a quieter interior -- no more squeaky of the center console when I rest my leg against it, no more creaking of the roof panels when the road is slightly irregular, that the interior panel gaps will be more uniform, and the like.

Take a look at GM's Cadillac interiors, or even those in the much lower priced Cruze and Malibu and you can see that GM can/will produce a really nice, quiet but bold C7 interior. They are benchmarking the best of the German interiors and I am not worried that the interior of the C7 will disappoint me.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:21 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Guibo
Well, I think it's obvious we are comparing cars from relatively the same era.
Color was mentioned, yet the 370Z also has many red-colored gauges. As to why Nissan, BMW, Audi and submarines also use this color, here is a pretty good explanation:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...ght-situations

It would also seem to be less distracting than white, green or blue gauges. At night, you'd want the gauges to be as subdued as possible. You'd also want to keep glare on the windows down to a minimum; likely a reason why deeply hooded/tunneled gauges are used in addition to reduced glare from sunlight. These have been in use long before Audi's eminence as an interior design benchmark; the detail is there to serve a function.
Well, that is indeed a good reason to use red. I just don't like red. It bothers my eyes. I didn't like it in either of my Trans Ams, and getting into the Corvette was so much more comfortable from a vision standpoint.

Honestly, I like 70% of my C5s interior. There are certainly a few things that bother me, and the same goes for the C6s. The layout isn't great, and of course the hard plastics make it feel cheap. But it was only a $55k car. I definitely got a lot for my money and I don't complain about the interior to anyone (other than the retarded seats). The Corvette really does offer a lot and even if you don't see what you paid for in the interior, you see it in the technology and performance of the car.

GM says there's definitely going to be a huge class upgrade to the interior. Would be nice as long as they can keep the Corvette affordable to guys like me. Even if I were rich, it would bother me a bit if the base Corvette jumped to $80K. The Corvette is pricing itself out of the "Working man's sports car" legacy.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
ockie
Instructor

If they followed the quality of the CTS-V interior, I will be very happy.

Just don't follow the MPG of the CTS-V... this killed the deal for me.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ockie
If they followed the quality of the CTS-V interior, I will be very happy.

Just don't follow the MPG of the CTS-V... this killed the deal for me.
No kidding. Sat in one of the press cars. I loved the interior until I saw the average MPG... 8.

Of course, the press really drove the car pretty hard.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 AM
BigNY
Intermediate

I think there should be a two tone leather option to match to any available external color, with matching color trim. It just gives a higher level of detail to the car. The Z06 Carbon Edition is an extremely nice interior IMO, and I think they should bring the trim idea from it over to the C7. Perhaps some suede mixed in with regular leather, not unlike the 04-06 GTO's.

I always felt the GTO had the basics of a very nice interior. The seats were perfect, it matched wonderfully to the car and overall had a very solid feel to it, if slightly unrefined, it was luxurious like a Bentley, but it was much nicer than the interior of any C6 aside from the Carbon.

Get notified of new replies

To Top interior ideas for C7

Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
EyeLuvCorvettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like what they did with the interior of the stingray concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goMxupIoQfE
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts