Sponsored by:

C7 Logo

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilla
it is easy to tell if this is a legit emblem - Make one and try to sell it. If it is the emblem that is going to used by GM you will probably here from Equity Management Inc. Equity Management Inc is the company that protects GM's trademarks.
You have the best "eye catching" Avatar on the Forum
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by vant
The only one that I am aware of is on the Stingray concept. But I don't think it's official - yet.

Me Likey
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Corby
I could already picture it on my new C7!
Ditto !!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it! I will get my C7 logo tattoo the same day I order my C7....
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Corby
I could already picture it on my new C7!
That's a stretch since you really don't know what the car will look like.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 AM
behardt91
Instructor

Originally Posted by manley845
Anyone know where the bowtie or flower came from?
I think the flower thing is the symbol for saints. I'm not sure though.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:56 AM
behardt91
Instructor

Oh, now I found it out after some research. The flower is the the Fleur De Lis, a French symbol symbolizing peace and purity. The reason its a French logo in the flag is because Chevrolet is a french name. Originally the left flag in the corvette flags was supposed to be an american flag but Chevy changed it becuase its illegal to use the american flag in a commercial product.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehardt1979
Oh, now I found it out after some research. The flower is the the Fleur De Lis, a French symbol symbolizing peace and purity. The reason its a French logo in the flag is because Chevrolet is a french name. Originally the left flag in the corvette flags was supposed to be an american flag but Chevy changed it becuase its illegal to use the american flag in a commercial product.
The original Corvette logo was designed by Robert Bartholomew, an interior designer at Chevrolet in 1953. This emblem was destined to appear on the 1953 Corvette prototype which was introduced to the public for the first time at New York's Waldorf-Astoria hotel in January of 1953. It had crossing staffs with the checkered flag on the right hand side, and the American flag on the left hand side. However, four days before the Corvette was to go on display at the show, Chevrolet management decided that it should be redesigned. The problem with the proposed emblem was that it included the American flag which is illegal to use on a commerical product. Right before the show, redesigned emblems were attached to the front hood and steering wheel of the Corvette. The new emblem contained the checkered flag on the right side as well as the white racing flag, red Chevrolet bow-tie symbol and a fleur-de-lis .

Where did the fleur-de-lis come from? At the time, Chevrolet was conducting research on various emblem designs for the 1953 and 1954 passenger cars. They looked at the Louis Chevrolet family history in an attempt to discover a crest or some type of heraldry that they could utilize. Unfortunately, they came up empty, but they did realize that Chevrolet is a French name and the fleur-de-lis (flower of the lily) is a French symbol meaning peace and purity. They decided to use the fleur-de-lis along with the famous blue Chevrolet bow tie on a new flag which replaced the American flag on the Corvette. When the 1953 Corvette first appeared to the public at the Waldorf Historia Hotel, the redesigned emblems were in place.

This info was listed at:http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
rockstar
Advanced

AND ANOTHER THING!! Why doesn't GM - Chevrolet just leave the logo as it was years ago...say 1972 or 1957...just simple crossed flags. You don't see Porsche, Jaguar, Aston or Ferrari changing their logo every year. It should be the "family crest" of the car.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 PM
vette54728702
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't give a D**N what Porshe, Jaguar, Aston, Ferrari do with their cars. The corvette logo has never been the same and I like that.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 PM
rockstar
Advanced

Well, Vette758702, you DO represent what most of us Americans feel. We tend to always want something new and different and discard what we currently have. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I find reassurance in seeing a familiar brand that can be instantly recognized by it's logo. Of course, I always liked the old "O.K. Used Cars" sign, too. No offense meant.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CandyVette
I love it! I will get my C7 logo tattoo the same day I order my C7....
rock on!

Transformer kine? sah-weet
Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Buster1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar
Well, Vette758702, you DO represent what most of us Americans feel. We tend to always want something new and different and discard what we currently have. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I find reassurance in seeing a familiar brand that can be instantly recognized by it's logo. Of course, I always liked the old "O.K. Used Cars" sign, too. No offense meant.
i find it hard to believe that you can look at that logo and not instantly recognize it as a corvette emblem. each generation has had a new emblem that captured the spirit of the original yet has been tweeked to meet the styling standards of the era, just as the cars themselves have evolved. are you trying to tell me youd like a new c6 with a 1953 emblem on it? that would look absurdly out of place. i suppose you dont like the new style money either. change happens and corvettes change, which makes it even better for us corvette enthusiasts because not only do the older models become more affordable, but we can take pride in preserving the heritage of our iconic cars while still being able to look forward to a new design from gm every few years.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by solaris_vii
i find it hard to believe that you can look at that logo and not instantly recognize it as a corvette emblem. each generation has had a new emblem that captured the spirit of the original yet has been tweeked to meet the styling standards of the era, just as the cars themselves have evolved. are you trying to tell me youd like a new c6 with a 1953 emblem on it? that would look absurdly out of place. i suppose you dont like the new style money either. change happens and corvettes change, which makes it even better for us corvette enthusiasts because not only do the older models become more affordable, but we can take pride in preserving the heritage of our iconic cars while still being able to look forward to a new design from gm every few years.
While I actually like the faux CF overlay, I think "rockstar" was refering to the OEM emblem being toyed with, not that it evolves with each generation.Thats a given as it should be.

Quick Reply: C7 Logo