Sponsored by:

C7 Concept at Tampa Bay Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
I think it was already confirmed somewhere that the Transformers Corvette is not the C7.
- i'll be glad when the c7 does come out and put all this BS to bed - the transformer car is NOT the c7!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
JCFILM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zebra86
i heard Ed Welburn say in an interview that the Stingray Concept was only a design project - that it wasn't intended as a C7 prototype
Too bad. They need to do something revolutionary with the C7 not evolutionary. C5 was a major jump in design in my eyes from the C4 but still carried over some of the DNA. From the C5 to C6 didn't impress me at all.

I really want something different than a new c6 revision in the C7...
Every auto show I go to, it is always the concept cars which they never make that I want. All the other cars are "blah.."
Want to sell a lot of cars? - Make the concept cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C7 should be something jaw dropping when you take it on the road.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:19 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,102 Likes on 854 Posts

Default Correct me if I'm wrong

By and large we are a conservative crowd that doesn't stray too far from the beaten path.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This car is straight garbage. I can't believe they still haven't scrapped this trash.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 AM
jeterarodyks
Instructor

This will be AWESOME if it was to look like this...but its a concept and that means, it wont come close to looking this bad ***!!! This really looks exotic...back end I luv as it resembles a lambo......one can only wish itll look this good...but then again anything other than the c6 is an upgrade!!!!!! Most boring bland vette out there is the c6 sorry....
Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 PM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeterarodyks
This will be AWESOME if it was to look like this...but its a concept and that means, it wont come close to looking this bad ***!!! This really looks exotic...back end I luv as it resembles a lambo......one can only wish itll look this good...but then again anything other than the c6 is an upgrade!!!!!! Most boring bland vette out there is the c6 sorry....
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I will even go so far as to agree that modern aerodynamic restrictions have toned the Corvette down vs the C3 days, which had tons of style but also a lot of aerodynamic lift. That's part of the reason I now own a '69 C3. You should know, however, that you are solidly in the minority when it comes to the stingray concept and the current C6. Therefore, I don't think you're going to be happy with the C7 when it appears.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:56 PM
brian_ndms
Instructor

Originally Posted by firefighter813x
That is an ugly car. GM is trying too hard.
I agree that is one ugly car!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

God, I hope this is NOT the C7
Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by redvette77
I think it was already confirmed somewhere that the Transformers Corvette is not the C7.
The car in Transformers III is VERY close to the C7. This from a Detroit insider. The one in these pictures is from Transformers II. This insider also said it would be a 2014. This guy is a supplier of parts used on GM cars including some Vettes.

Last edited by Duke/Earl; 02-01-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That transformer car isn't it, no way.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jrose7004
That transformer car isn't it, no way.
The one in Transformer III, you haven't seen this yet.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
rockstar
Advanced

IMHO the drawings by the young man shown on this post are far better than the "Transformer" car. They may be a simply pumped up C-6 but it looks better than the wild departure of the show car. Surely someone with real taste, talent and knowledge of our heritage will meld all of these elements into a real car.

AND QUIT MESSING WITH THE DAMN LOGO!! That's supposed to be the "family crest" of a car and it's company. You don't see Porsche, Jaguar, Aston or Ferrari changing their logo each year.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 238 Posts

I think the movie car has a great profile and would just need to tone down the front and rear to bring it to something that could be produced.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Transformers III Vette on BadBoyVettes.com.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Not all people are going to like the same body style. You put two people in a room and you get to opinions of the same subject, its just human nature.

Personally, I believe the C7 will take styling ques from the Transformer Car, so you will see some of it and at the same time I think you will still see a lot of the C6. I do beleive the car will be slightly longer, but wider, as that is the trend.

The eggcrate grill on the transformer car will not be reality on the C7, neither will be the deep inserted rear lights. The front grill will be parellel bars inset, again an updated version of the original 63. Rear lights again, like the C2, ROUND. I really think you will find many ques from the C2 Stingray, similar to what the General did with the Camaro.

The interior is where the General is going to put a lot of design effort this time, as it gets slammed every new Corvette that comes out when judged as a World Class car. You will see much more high tech VDU's then you have in the past, more real leather, much richer composites, not the cheap plastic look, and don't be surprised to see much more carbon fiber, interior and exterior. You will find a much different seat in the new Corvette, MUCH MORE SUPPORT then ever before, and intregrated seat belts. Airbags all around, and some redesign on the cage for better protection using lighter material.

Some changes in the suspension system, but overall the same you have today.

Engines, I really do believe the basic will be a 300, Z06 350 and ZR1 427. Reason is simple, GM will sell more Z06 engines, simply because people WANT performance. Personally again, I rather have the 300 and enjoy the car for cruising not racing, again everybody is different. I still think the Coupe will be split window, with Sting Ray badges on the side and new flag badges (photos posted here) on the front and that Stingray in the back. One other thing, one of the colors will be Sebring Silver and I heard Daytona Blue, Riverside Red...sound familiar? Remember its the 50th of the 63 in 2013, and Corvette will not miss this anniversary date with just another C6.

You should star to see "spy" photos late spring early summer this year. I did believe this car will be introduced at the 2012 Detrioit Show, and on sale in April/May 2012 as a 2013 Model. I don't think GM could put this off for another year, as many of the other Car designers will beat GM to release of their new models in 2013. This puts GM in a state for a performance car they have to do something before 2014.

My information is speculation with some facts that I know. So let's all have patience, keep the conversation going, but just remember, not everybody will like the new Corvette at first.

Last edited by 1KULC7; 02-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
behardt91
Instructor

Originally Posted by brian_ndms
I agree that is one ugly car!
No, the Toyota Prius is one ugly car.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
silverjohn
5th Gear

GM comes out with that ugly piece of XXXX then my 2010 c6 will be worth lots of money. It is horrible, the headlights and then the horrific back....

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Concept at Tampa Bay Auto Show

Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 AM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
Transformers III Vette on BadBoyVettes.com.
Went over there to check it out. All you can see is part of the front, but that's just the vert version of the stingray concept that's been around for a long time. You're being fed bad info.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:24 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by silverjohn
GM comes out with that ugly piece of XXXX then my 2010 c6 will be worth lots of money. It is horrible, the headlights and then the horrific back....
Sorry, but I think it will be just the opposite. A new, revolutionary design will show just how bland the C6 is in comparison and they'll drop even further in value. GM is already suffering through the worst Corvette sales in decades so it should be clear to them that the time has come for something different. I don't think the C7 will be the EXACT Transformers car, but I do believe it will take a lot of styling cues from that concept and as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to the re-design.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
Not all people are going to like the same body style. You put two people in a room and you get to opinions of the same subject, its just human nature.

Personally, I believe the C7 will take styling ques from the Transformer Car, so you will see some of it and at the same time I think you will still see a lot of the C6. I do beleive the car will be slightly longer, but wider, as that is the trend.

The eggcrate grill on the transformer car will not be reality on the C7, neither will be the deep inserted rear lights. The front grill will be parellel bars inset, again an updated version of the original 63. Rear lights again, like the C2, ROUND. I really think you will find many ques from the C2 Stingray, similar to what the General did with the Camaro.

The interior is where the General is going to put a lot of design effort this time, as it gets slammed every new Corvette that comes out when judged as a World Class car. You will see much more high tech VDU's then you have in the past, more real leather, much richer composites, not the cheap plastic look, and don't be surprised to see much more carbon fiber, interior and exterior. You will find a much different seat in the new Corvette, MUCH MORE SUPPORT then ever before, and intregrated seat belts. Airbags all around, and some redesign on the cage for better protection using lighter material.

Some changes in the suspension system, but overall the same you have today.

Engines, I really do believe the basic will be a 300, Z06 350 and ZR1 427. Reason is simple, GM will sell more Z06 engines, simply because people WANT performance. Personally again, I rather have the 300 and enjoy the car for cruising not racing, again everybody is different. I still think the Coupe will be split window, with Sting Ray badges on the side and new flag badges (photos posted here) on the front and that Stingray in the back. One other thing, one of the colors will be Sebring Silver and I heard Daytona Blue, Riverside Red...sound familiar? Remember its the 50th of the 63 in 2013, and Corvette will not miss this anniversary date with just another C6.

You should star to see "spy" photos late spring early summer this year. I did believe this car will be introduced at the 2012 Detrioit Show, and on sale in April/May 2012 as a 2013 Model. I don't think GM could put this off for another year, as many of the other Car designers will beat GM to release of their new models in 2013. This puts GM in a state for a performance car they have to do something before 2014.

My information is speculation with some facts that I know. So let's all have patience, keep the conversation going, but just remember, not everybody will like the new Corvette at first.

Great post.

And I'm totally with you in thinking that 2013, the 50th Anniversary of the '63 and the 60th Anniversary of the nameplate, is the absolute PERFECT time to release a new Corvette. You can't have a C6 in its' 8th year of production commemorating such monumental milestones.

Quick Reply: C7 Concept at Tampa Bay Auto Show